Really wanna love this phone but....

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I am 9 days in with this HTC 4G LTE, and although I love the look and feel of the phone I am really debating on taking it back. I bought it at the Sprint store using my upgrade and I'm wondering if it's possible that I just got a jacked up phone. First off this thing is constantly synching as of right now I've had the little circle on the top bar for the last 2 hours, even after I turned off auto sync and all emails.

I am in Downtown Chicago on my old evo 4g I got a excellent 4g signal, but now I'm barely getting a 3g it takes forever if at all to send picture mail, it won't upload photos to picasa. I know I am a little spoiled by my old 4g capable phone but this is ridiculous! I've called Sprint 3x times they have checked updated and did everything and it hasn't helped, Now I'm wondering if perhaps the store I got it from gave me a crappy phone, cause first he told me they didn't have any in stock, then he went in the back and came out with what he said was the last one, and now that I think about it the phone didn't have the plastic film on the front or the back like past phones I've bought from Sprint? Not sure what to do need some advice and opinions before my 14 days are up, cause as I said I think it's a great phone it works with no problem when I'm at home over wifi but that ain't helping me the rest of the day!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Take it back. 100%. If you bought a new phone, it should have all of the film on it when they pull it out of the box. I have never bought a new phone and not had the film over the screen, including this one. That means it was taken out of the open box before it was given to you. Take it back, make them swap it out with a new one, then call Sprint and let them know you were sold a used handset as new and try and get some sort of service credit.

Reactions: sasha

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I would have to agree, it has been posted how some Best Buy employees got caught playing with new phones and then selling them and this sounds like what may have happened in your case. Sounds like they were out of stock and to keep their numbers up sold you a demo phone as new. Take it back and get another you may try another store if this store is shady enough to do this.

Ice

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
You might have a bad radio. Take your phone in to a full-service Sprint store and have them run an RF check on it. I've seen some posts on another forum where they had reception issues and it turned out to be a bad phone. If it fails and they give you a new phone, have them run the check on it as well just to be sure. Make sure you back your stuff up first because they might do a factory reset on it
You also might want to check with Sprint to see if they're doing any tower work in your area, especially anything related to the LTE upgrade.
Hope you get it resolved!

EDIT: very good points above about Sprint store shadiness posted while I was typing.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys that's what I was thinking just called the store told him of the problems I'm having he says they don't have any in stock (of course) and tells me he will call me as soon as he gets some in and they will swap it out, and in the mean time wants me to take it in to let the tech look at it so I can have a functioning phone till then. Now what I'm worried about is what if they don't get the new one in by the time my 14 days is up cause he gonna say we should have some more in before then! WTF?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys that's what I was thinking just called the store told him of the problems I'm having he says they don't have any in stock (of course) and tells me he will call me as soon as he gets some in and they will swap it out, and in the mean time wants me to take it in to let the tech look at it so I can have a functioning phone till then. Now what I'm worried about is what if they don't get the new one in by the time my 14 days is up cause he gonna say we should have some more in before then! WTF?

Call Sprint and make sure this is noted on your account and get the guys name at your store. Or even better, take it to a different store. And make sure they are giving you a NEW phone, in the box.

Also, you can put your twitter link under your activity bar through the UserCP link at the top of the page. Just an FYI.

Reactions: sasha

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint and make sure this is noted on your account and get the guys name at your store. Or even better, take it to a different store. And make sure they are giving you a NEW phone, in the box.

Also, you can put your twitter link under your activity bar through the UserCP link at the top of the page. Just an FYI.

Thanks again they have a store downtown, but wouldn't I need to return this one to the store I purchased it from in order to get a new one? I really would rather deal with the folks down here something tells me they may be less shady then the one I went to in the hood. I need to update my whole profile haven't even used twitter in over a year! LOL

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again they have a store downtown, but wouldn't I need to return this one to the store I purchased it from in order to get a new one? I really would rather deal with the folks down here something tells me they may be less shady then the one I went to in the hood. I need to update my whole profile haven't even used twitter in over a year! LOL

Is it bad that I LOL'd when I read that?
You should be able to take your phone back to any Sprint store, especially a corporate store.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You should be able to take your phone back to any Sprint store, especially a corporate store.

LOL..I don't know but for some reason I just feel like I would get better service downtown then I did on the South side only reason I went to that store is my phone had just died on me and it was 30 minutes before closing times I was in a rush! :p

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The shade of it all! You better tell them to make that ish right. Bozo trying to sell you a returned phone.
I agree with returning it to any Sprint store. They should be more than willing to help, considering what happened.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The shade of it all! You better tell them to make that ish right. Bozo trying to sell you a returned phone.
I agree with returning it to any Sprint store. They should be more than willing to help, considering what happened.

I sure hope so cause this is such a blower!

saucratiz81

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
if you were in a current Wimax market and not in one of the first 5 lte markets that go live as of this Sunday. I would not /have upgraded until they annouce a lte date for your area. Sprint's 3g speeds will increase once network vision upgrades are complete. also check sprint4gru for more info.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Take it back. 100%. If you bought a new phone, it should have all of the film on it when they pull it out of the box. I have never bought a new phone and not had the film over the screen, including this one. That means it was taken out of the open box before it was given to you. Take it back, make them swap it out with a new one, then call Sprint and let them know you were sold a used handset as new and try and get some sort of service credit.

Because the film wasn't on the front doesn't mean it was a used handset. They won't give you a credit for buying a new phone that didn't have the film on it. That is like asking ford for a credit because the car you just bought was test driven around the block by someone. We are allowed in stores to turn on the phone and let someone take a look at it. Same thing. Doesn't mean that it wasn't a new phone. Just like it is still a new car when you buy it.

I would have to agree, it has been posted how some Best Buy employees got caught playing with new phones and then selling them and this sounds like what may have happened in your case. Sounds like they were out of stock and to keep their numbers up sold you a demo phone as new. Take it back and get another you may try another store if this store is shady enough to do this.

Ice

Demo phones can not be sold as a new phone. It won't activate on another line because it is attached to the sprint account for that store.

You can only take it back to corporate stores if you bought it at a corp store. If it was bought at a preferred retailer then you can only take it back to that same company of preferred retailers.

Again, how do we even know it was used? Just because someone else who doesn't know said it? That makes it true? Yeah........ No. And like I said above, you can't return it to just any sprint store.

if you were in a current Wimax market and not in one of the first 5 lte markets that go live as of this Sunday. I would not /have upgraded until they annouce a lte date for your area. Sprint's 3g speeds will increase once network vision upgrades are complete. also check sprint4gru for more info.

If I waited to upgrade until there was lte in my area I would still have a hero for another 3+ years...................

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey