Can I turn off all the junk notifications?

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not mind the email notifications and have set it to have them there at the top of the screen. But every day I get notifications that seem like spam or junkmail. It seems like its from sprint or some other "authorized" sender. But I do not want to get them.
Can I turn them off? Thanks

ack154

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Start checking your apps. Some "free" apps have done this. They'll advertise other games or updates and stuff without any way to turn them off.

Have you recently installed anything before these started?

Delphine Abraham

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I turn off all the junk notifications? Mainly facebook noticactions.

You have to go into settings from your computer, log into facebook. Go to your acct, and moble settings in the right hand corner. I copied some info below. I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts, I just played around on my laptop under my acct settings. Look for moble settings, click on them and it will turn them off, that is the on I hope this will help you.

Delphine

Help CenterFacebook Mobile
English (US)
Get Started
Manage Your Account
Security
Privacy
News Feed (Home)
Timeline
Sharing
Messaging
Connecting
Popular Features
Facebook Mobile
Logging In on Mobile
Facebook Mobile Apps
Facebook Mobile Site (m.facebook.com)
Facebook Mobile Texts
Bugs & Known Issues
Connecting Facebook to your iOS 6 Device
Nearby
Back
Apps, Games & Credits
Managing a Page
Ads & Sponsored Stories
Report Something
Community Forum

Android app
For most types of notifications, you'll need to open your phone settings control from the Facebook app:
Tap
Scroll down and select Account > App Settings
From here, you can turn all notifications on or off by using the check box next to Notifications. Check only the boxes of for the types of alerts you'd like to see.

Manage push notifications for Close Friends List Activity or Group Posts and Comments from within the Facebook app:
Tap
Account > Account Settings
Facebook Notifications > Push Notifications
Check the boxes to turn on either Group Posts and Comments and Close Friends List Activity
Mobile web browser

This setting isn't available from a web browser. You'll need to log into your Facebook app to adjust this setting.

Was this answer helpful? ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae