Asurion still sending fresh Evos

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Well, Independence Day eve got the best of me and my Evo. Woke up on the 4th and noticed the charging port had been completely destroyed. Pins were bent, the plastic they were attached to was almost non-existent, ect.

Apparently, the sprint reps tell me, the charging port cannot be re-soldered and I would be stuck with contacting asurion. Few days later and $100 lighter, I was sent a brand new one. Fresh in the box.

So anyone who plans on using their insurance to get a new one, they do not have refurbs yet and you'll still get a new evo. It was nice opening the phone and activating myself rather than the sprint people.

I found this weird though. About a year back, my Touch Pro 2's screen went out on me and I had to replace it with asurion. Cost me $150. Strange that a new phone like the Evo LTE would cost less and be brand new.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
That's some bull. Did u actually break the port yourself or was it possibly just a crappy solder from the start. If u did it than I can understand but of the phone was just defective and they charged u a deductible that's some bullstuff

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Judging by the bent pins, I tried to put the charger in the wrong way in a forceful and intoxicated way. Plastic looked melted. Wish I could have paid for a repair but sprint doesn't repair this type of motherboard and I wasn't about to go 3rd party.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
So the phone just magically broke itself, bent it's pins, and broke it's own plastic overnight. Right...

And now YOU damaged the port while drunk, but only because it magically melted itself first. Right...

Look, crap happens, but don't make it sound like the phone is at fault!

You know, I thought I was clear in the OP. Apparently I wasn't. I wasn't trying to make it sound like the phone "magically" broke itself. That's why I went to the sprint store, told them I wasn't sure what happened, and asked if I could PAY for a repair. I never played dumb to anyone.

Their advice was to call asurion. Point of this was that asurion still is sending new phones and not refurbs.

The plastic which the metal pins are connected to appears melted. Just an observation. Read between the lines all you want but I was simply telling an unfortunate tale which set me back $100 but still ended up with a new phone.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
So the phone just magically broke itself, bent it's pins, and broke it's own plastic overnight. Right...

And now YOU damaged the port while drunk, but only because it magically melted itself first. Right...

I Don't see how you got it magically happened out of the op. He pretty much said he was faced and goofed it himself.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jalaazul

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

Wow, really on the offensive there? He didn't sound like he was making excuses or blaming the phone at all. Sounded like he was completely owning up to the fact that it was probably his entirely his fault..

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Question to the OP, now by the word NEW, are u stating Asurion is still sending out Brand New in box (non-refurbs) and why was your deductible so low, I was hesitant on filing a claim because I thought they raised the deductible a lil more for new phones w/LTE

selders59

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Question to the OP, now by the word NEW, are u stating Asurion is still sending out Brand New in box (non-refurbs) and why was your deductible so low, I was hesitant on filing a claim because I thought they raised the deductible a lil more for new phones w/LTE

I had to replace mine also and my deductible was a $100. But got brand new phone not a refurbished.

From the Planet 4LTE Chaos

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wow, really on the offensive there? He didn't sound like he was making excuses or blaming the phone at all. Sounded like he was completely owning up to the fact that it was probably his entirely his fault..

I Don't see how you got it magically happened out of the op. He pretty much said he was faced and goofed it himself.

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

You know, I thought I was clear in the OP. Apparently I wasn't. I wasn't trying to make it sound like the phone "magically" broke itself. That's why I went to the sprint store, told them I wasn't sure what happened, and asked if I could PAY for a repair. I never played dumb to anyone.

Their advice was to call asurion. Point of this was that asurion still is sending new phones and not refurbs.

The plastic which the metal pins are connected to appears melted. Just an observation. Read between the lines all you want but I was simply telling an unfortunate tale which set me back $100 but still ended up with a new phone.

crxssi, you have a crummy attitude in the majority of your posts.

The OP starts with "4th of July got the better of me" and then clarifies the situation in a follow up post, and you still feel the need to bash him for it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

crxssi, you have a crummy attitude. The OP starts with "4th of July got the better of me" and then clarifies the situation in a follow up post, and you still feel the need to bash him for it.

Yeah, I shouldn't be posting when stressed out and apparently I read way too much into the OP. Sorry celticking/all :) Deleted post.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae