Software upgrade available now!

curiousmileo

May 10, 2012
Visit site
so far things seem snappier and the multitasking seems to be better too, words you type stay there when you go back to the application. for the most part it looks good, then again this is with a few minutes playign with it and i could be just seeing things

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. Some of my home screen icons have changed to the android with a cube in its belly.My Kindle,Android Central and a few other icons did this.They still work and in the app drawer they look normal.Deleting them from the home screen and putting them back fixes that.I can finely get back into wallet but its seems to be stuck on adding card.I already had activated and used some of that $10 on the pre paid card before it got locked down.I wonder if its trying to reactivate it or trying to give me a new card?I just got a welcome email from Google Wallet letting me know I can get a free $10 on my card.I already did that weeks ago and I'm thinking that might cause some problems. No wait it just updated as I was typing.Yep,$2.04 remaining. Yea! its working.:D

ryoblade

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Here is the list of changes from the sprint.com site.

07/11/2012

This update addresses:

Google security updates
Wifi disconnect issue
Time zone issue
Google Wallet fix
Side loaded video pause issue
Random power cycling issue
Pioneer Bluetooth Car Kit connection issu
Gallery app crash
Calendar reminder (all day even time) issue

http://support.sprint.com/support/a...ase-gz982789-20120531-124112?INTNAV=SU:DP:MVT

Last edited:

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried to pay with a rooted device? I'm rooted and got the google prepaid card but at the top it says unsupported device. Just wondering if it's going to work

nemo

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to flash this successfully when they are rooted yet? I am rooted and tried flashing and I got the red exclamation point in a triangle.

Tical

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone able to flash this successfully when they are rooted yet? I am rooted and tried flashing and I got the red exclamation point in a triangle.

Typically Root + OTA = Problems. You should not take OTAs when you are rooted. You have two choices:

--Wait for a rooted version over at XDA to flash (should be within the day) or
--RUU back to original software, then accept the OTA, then root

Of course with the former, you have to wait....The problem with the later is that you loose all your settings (but you get the bonus of a 'fresh' install, which may cure some issues if you've had them) and have to reinstall your apps. If you already have the red ! , you need to go that second route. Hope that helps you, or anyone else in a similar situation.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I have and worked fine. But I have not flashed custom recovery. Only rooted for Titanium Backup, Wifi tether, and few other things.

I also use Voodoo Root Keeper. After update with one click had root back.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine says no firmware update available :(

I can't remember the last time I've seen one listed in the firmware update section. Evo, Evo 3D, and this Evo LTE have all had their patches and updates come in the HTC Software update section.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I've seen one listed in the firmware update section. Evo, Evo 3D, and this Evo LTE have all had their patches and updates come in the HTC Software update section.

Sorry, coming from Samsung phones. Good to know. Thanks.

Idahoktm

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The update fixed my weather widget issue (73 degrees and thunderstorms, every time I woke up my phone) and my flickering bookmarks issue.

Last edited:

shadow6899

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
can someone help a poor newb? So after excitedly getting g wallet set up i went to 7-11 to purchase something with the free 10 $ However i cam to the realization that i do not know how to work it even after reading the faq. So how do i use it?

-EDIT after a brief read up it seems that the terminal i was using was possibly broken? after seeing the total all i have to do is wake my phone up and hold it on top of the icon correct?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx