Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By david279
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    david279's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

    Default HTC EVO 4G LTE source available

    Source is available...start cooking

    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Yaaaay! Time for kushdeck to speed it up!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE source available

    Quote Originally Posted by Judynnnn View Post
    Yaaaay! Time for kushdeck to speed it up!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    This!
    I've been waiting patiently for CM9 to become fully functional. Hopefully this will be the push he needs to get it over the hump.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    david279's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7.1 NIGHTLY ect....

    Default Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE source available

    somebody got a link to a good kernel building tutorial?
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    This!
    I've been waiting patiently for CM9 to become fully functional. Hopefully this will be the push he needs to get it over the hump.
    I would flash it now, but I mms alot haha.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HTC EVO 4G LTE source available

    Quote Originally Posted by Judynnnn View Post
    I would flash it now, but I mms alot haha.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    You flash CM to Evo 4G LTE? Did you just flash supersonic, or what, because I looked on cyanogenmod.com, and get.cm, but found nothing for 4G LTE. I'm not sure I know how to use that site, though.

    I would like to know more about getting custom ROMs for this phone. So far my searches have allowed me to flash a viper rom (not sure if there's more than one viper), and freshEVO. Viper seemed too much like stock, for my taste. In fact, I thought I didn't do it right. Maybe I got better battery life, and didn't notice.

    I just flashed freshEVO, and there are many things I noticed that I like, but would love to experience cyanogenmod, to see what it's all about.

    I just re-read the description to freEVO, and it sounds like it has a lot of bloatware removed, so maybe that will make me happy.

    A friend told me that the way to know if I can flash CM, is that I have to know the name of my kernel. I don't see any mention of that on get.cm. Does anyone know how to browse get.cm based on name of my kernel? ...and what's the Evo 4G LTE's kernel named? (when I look in settings, it just gives a number).

    Thanks y'all.
  7. #7  

    Default

    You're not going to find it on the cm site as the EVO is not yet officially supported. Visit the CM10 thread in the rooting roms and hacks section to find out how to get it

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default

    CM10 is fully functional now guys, camera is a bit glitchy but everything works. Ignore the CM9 development thread change log over at xda, the most recent stuff is here

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  
    PreMo15's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    ROM
    Viper4G

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lexus View Post
    You flash CM to Evo 4G LTE? Did you just flash supersonic, or what, because I looked on cyanogenmod.com, and get.cm, but found nothing for 4G LTE. I'm not sure I know how to use that site, though.

    I would like to know more about getting custom ROMs for this phone. So far my searches have allowed me to flash a viper rom (not sure if there's more than one viper), and freshEVO. Viper seemed too much like stock, for my taste. In fact, I thought I didn't do it right. Maybe I got better battery life, and didn't notice.

    I just flashed freshEVO, and there are many things I noticed that I like, but would love to experience cyanogenmod, to see what it's all about.

    I just re-read the description to freEVO, and it sounds like it has a lot of bloatware removed, so maybe that will make me happy.

    A friend told me that the way to know if I can flash CM, is that I have to know the name of my kernel. I don't see any mention of that on get.cm. Does anyone know how to browse get.cm based on name of my kernel? ...and what's the Evo 4G LTE's kernel named? (when I look in settings, it just gives a number).

    Thanks y'all.
    I think what your friend was trying to say is that it depends on which hboot version you have as to whether or not you're able to flash the cm kernel. If you're on 1.15 then flashing the ROM in recovery won't work because the boot partition is locked down (where the kernel lives). However, you can pull the boot.img out of the ROM zip and flash it with fastboot from your pc instead to get around this. I believe there is more information in the cm9 thread at xda.

    Sent from my EVO LTE
  10. #10  

    Default

    Isn't there a way you very smart people can make it so us very dumb people can get these roms with just a click, all this stuff you have to do is like Chinese to me! Lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    PreMo15's Avatar

    Posts
    78 Posts
    ROM
    Viper4G

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    Isn't there a way you very smart people can make it so us very dumb people can get these roms with just a click, all this stuff you have to do is like Chinese to me! Lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    These are due to security restrictions put in place by HTC, if you're not fortunate enough to have s-off. The devs are working as hard as they can to find exploits, but it takes time. Every time HTC releases an update, they fix the exploits so the devs have to start all over again. That's why you should never take an OTA if you want to be s-off. For people that get their phone with the latest updates already loaded, unfortunately it's just a waiting game until it gets cracked. That being said, the devs have been kind enough to provide these work arounds so people without s-off can live with what they've got until then.

    Sent from my EVO LTE
    Last edited by PreMo15; 08-22-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Thanked by:

Posting Permissions

B