sprint insurance $11 now

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you don't have Sprints coverage and it breaks after 90 days, they will tell you to send the phone to HTC for repair. HTC will if its not 'abuse' but will take weeks. Really not a viable option for most folks.

For 11 a month, the phone is repaired or replaced by sprint for free if it breaks due to wear or defect. If I break it or loose it, $150 ded and I get one tomorrow. The rate and ded. is lower for older lower priced phone. My wife's OG EVO is not going up.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I also went with Best Buy insurance instead of Sprint but I prepaid for 2 yrs at a discounted rate. I believe it was $180 which works out to around $7.50/month. I've never had it before but have heard good things.

Best Buy's insurance is the way to go. It is the best out there. $180 for two full years. As many replacements as you need and no deductible.

darkleafar

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
This was a big reason I bought my SGS3 from Best Buy so that I could get their insurance. It's only $10 a month with no deductible, and it covers water damage. The only thing it doesn't cover that Sprint covers is lost or stolen phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

I second this. I cancelled my sprint insurance to get best buy's black tie protection. As said above, the only thing best buy does not cover is lost or stolen. However, Sprint does not cover the main thing that Best Buy covers, which is accidental damage. If you are anything like me, losing or getting your phone stolen is nearly impossible, unless you get mugged. The only time my phone leaves my pocket is when Im at home or when I am using it. If I am ever at a restaurant and I place it on the table, I never forget it. I have purposedly created a "nervous tick" of sorts where I pat my pockets every time I stand up to leave a place. And I do it unconsciously. If I happen to forget my phone, the patting of my pocket always automatically reminds me. I have never lost or gotten my phone stolen. Knocks on wood. That is why at least to me, Sprint's insurance is worthless when compared to Best Buy's.

farmking5088

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to have bought the phone from Best Buy to get there insurance? Have mine through Sprint now and am thinking about cancelling it since they have jacked it up.

smokin221

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to have bought the phone from Best Buy to get there insurance? Have mine through Sprint now and am thinking about cancelling it since they have jacked it up.
yes you need to buy your phone from best buy so next time you know where to buy your phone to get the best insurance

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
yes you need to buy your phone from best buy so next time you know where to buy your phone to get the best insurance

I forgot that with sprint insurance they have the tep app that allows you to lock your phone when you lose it. I guess its worth the price when you factor all of that in if you need it. However I've never lost a phone.

The dectuctible sucks though. I've never had a phone break that wasn't fixable for under 200 which is a little more than what you pay monthly for the year for the insurance. Throw in the deductible and your over the price it is to actually just have the phone fixed.

Yea I had to send the phone back to Samsung to have it fixed which was a pain but if you think about it.... And I rarely break a phone.

Actually all the phones I've had that have broke I sent back to have fixed on warranty. Completely free of cost.

The latest break was the power button on my nexus which is over the warestny period.

I could have sent it back to have them fix it but I was ready for a nee phone even though I was waiting to see what the next nexus was.

Thus why I went with the EVO. It's a flagship phone that's factory unlockable. Yes that would void my HTC warranty but in the long wrong after that is gone after s year I can root and have vanilla android on a device that is always one year ahead of the nexus which is always a gear behind.

But I got the insurance incase I wanted to root now the HTC way. I like doing it clean. Lol. So its a double edged sword.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Almoe2015

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: sprint insurance $11 has been

I pay for insurance on 5 phones and my deductible is 200.00 and 250.00
Someone tell.me again why do I pay for insurance