LTE on in Dallas TX

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get on it in Waco yesterday on my way back to Fort Worth. In Fort Worth it seems to connect only briefly once I disconnected my WiFi.

Also, did anyone else get an update recently?

There was an update that was issued last week. Is that the one you're referring to?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I live just outside of Down Town Dallas, just East of down town and no LTE for me.
I work in NE dallas and no LTE either.
Checked the updated maps and where i live is in 4G coverage, but unfortunately where i work still shows 3G and Wimax only.
I saw some ericcson trucks at a tower Saturday near Central and Southwestern BLVD and a bunch of boxes with Ericcson on them. Yup the tower was offline. So im sure ina few days when that tower is done it will have LTE..

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the coverage map, almost ALL of Dallas is supposed to get LTE and every address I've checked that matters to me is showing in coverage area...

But I get nothing on my phone....sooooo, what gives? :confused:

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the coverage map, almost ALL of Dallas is supposed to get LTE and every address I've checked that matters to me is showing in coverage area...

But I get nothing on my phone....sooooo, what gives? :confused:

Same here. I read on another thread that the Dallas market is only 15% complete and won't be finished until Novemeber. That could be the issue if I understood correctly.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think balansboy is right. I think the coverage map is what they were expecting to be done by this date but realistically they are behind.Well the contractor for the DFW area, Ericcson is behind.
But since they have flipped the switch now, that means current towers that are DONE will now have LTE and as each tower is done in the future they will have LTE live as well.

So heres hoping to more and more completed towers in the very near future.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL Love Field is NOT in East Dallas, NW Dallas would be a bit more accurate.

:p LOL Ooooops! Well guess too much work has killed my brain! After repeated 20hr shifts it happens haha None the less, I've maybe seen 4G twice since, and they've got a long way to go to topple our old wimax speeds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Id be happy if my phone would quit getting stuck on 1x and at least stay on 3G.

FYI, unless you have a signal widget or something additional instaleld, you will never know. .HTC has disabled the 3G icon from switching to 1x if you happen to loose EVDO data.

I have mobile signal widget installed and many times when i notice my battery dying fast or the unit getting hot it will show 1x.

Power cycling fixes it, or going into airplaine mode then back to normal fixes it.
I have also noticed a few times that if i turn off WiFi it will take longer then normal to connect to 3G.

Hope they have a fix for this soon as well.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Forget LTE....I just want any signal! A phone signal. Starting yesterday I get 0 or 1 bar. All phones in our family have the same issue. No service, dropped calls if I get a signal.

Frustrating. Service had been OK until Friday.

jaescott

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Got 4g last night and this morning. Keeps goin in and out. Speed where more like fast 3g speeds, but hell I was satisfied because of what I'd been dealing with lately smh. Not expecting anything more for a while it is sprint we're talking about.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Forget LTE....I just want any signal! A phone signal. Starting yesterday I get 0 or 1 bar. All phones in our family have the same issue. No service, dropped calls if I get a signal.

Frustrating. Service had been OK until Friday.
Thats a good thing. Means your local tower has been taken offline for upgrades.. At least thats what i would guess.

Sykotc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
According to Sprint, We (DFW Metroplex) are in an outage for upgrades. If signal is bad for you call them and tell them... I did & they are sending me an Air rave device.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I hope it is an upgrade. Since Friday a signal has basically been non-existent. Been on roaming much of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress