LTE on in Dallas TX

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
And for the record the fastest 4g LTE by sprint I saw was at 51 mbs down which was during the so call testing phase which I can understand there was prolly no one using the bandwidth thus making it soo high. Regadless of testing or not it was live ( meaning it was running) when the EVO first launched and many threads with timestamps prove this

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Live does not mean what you think it means. The network was not live if it was still being tested.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The guy doesn't know what he talking about (not u jhbthree), that's why he had nothing to say to my response before it was removed and completely ignored it, he's just looking to bash sprint and yet I get an infraction for proving my point to him, he was already wrong before and hell just keep talking without any foundation to what he says

No, he was still right about the network not being live when the evo was released.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by kiwicarlos741
And for the record the fastest 4g LTE by sprint I saw was at 51 mbs down which was during the so call testing phase which I can understand there was prolly no one using the bandwidth thus making it soo high. Regadless of testing or not it was live ( meaning it was running) when the EVO first launched and many threads with timestamps prove this

You don't know what live means. The network was not live if it was still being tested.

Ok let me put it this way, when I say live what I'm trying to say is that it was up and running which means that u could actually use the LTE, its not that hard, the word live doesnt.only have one meaning but since people on here take things so literal god. Not to mention in that explanation you quoted I even said it with parantesses what I meant by live so I don't even understand what your trying to prove to me. I was agreeing with you in my posts

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok let me put it this way, when I say live what I'm trying to say is that it was up and running which means that u could actually use the LTE, its not that hard, the word live doesnt.only have one meaning but since people on here take things so literal god

When you're using it in regards to a network it DOES have one meaning. Pre- launch the network was testing, not live. It is well documented that the network was nowhere near customer ready for a majority of people that were getting the signal, because sprint was still testing it. The network isn't considered 'live' until sprint has certified it for customer use.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Your making it seem like only your version or meaning of live is the only right one, it being live could mean a number of things to people, there is no right definition to what your saying as it can be interpreted differently by everyone thus proving my point

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Your making it seem like only your version or meaning of live is the only right one, it being live could mean a number of things to people, there is no right definition to what your saying as it can be interpreted differently by everyone thus proving my point

No. You are trying to invent a definition of what it means that isn't actually true. The network was not live until yesterday/today.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
No. You are trying to invent a definition of what it means that isn't actually true. The network was not live until yesterday/today.

Ok your just being stubborn and can't accept the fact that your wrong but that's fine, I expected a response like this, OFFICIAL LAUNCH was yesterday, LTE was live which means its up and running when the EVO was launched. I'm so tired of these typical and so predictiable users on this forums. Live equals up and running. It's either on or its not, there's no innewteen testing or not, LTE was live on launch date, get it thru your head. I will not be posting any further comments on this as its no good talking to a stubborn brick wall. Go ahead and do whatever you must to make it seem like your in the right when your obviously not. Whatever makes u sleep better at night bud.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok your just being stubborn and can't accept the fact that your wrong but that's fine, I expected a response like this, OFFICIAL LAUNCH was yesterday, LTE was live which means its up and running when the EVO was launched. I'm so tired of these typical and so predictiable users on this forums. Live equals up and running. It's either on or its not, there's no innewteen testing or not, LTE was live on launch date, get it thru your head. I will not be posting any further comments on this as its no good talking to a stubborn brick wall. Go ahead and do whatever you must to make it seem like your in the right when your obviously not. Whatever makes u sleep better at night bud.

Take a deep breath and pay close attention: a network is not live until it has been certified by the carrier for consumer use. That DID NOT happen until this past week. Whatever usage you or anyone else saw prior to this weekend was a byproduct of sprints network tests in preparation for the network actually going live. There were reports from all over the launch markets leading up to this weekend of sporadic LTE availability with varying speeds and strength. Every single one of those instances were related to sprint testing. THAT is what happened, not anything else you or anyone else claims.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site

Oh and for the record get out a dictionary, one definition of live is active and when I say LTE is live, LTE was actively on during the launch of the EVO hereby further proving my statement, check and mate, you fail horribly again. Have some common sense please

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Take a deep breath and pay close attention: a network is not live until it has been certified by the carrier for consumer use. That DID NOT happen until this past week. Whatever usage you or anyone else saw prior to this weekend was a byproduct of sprints network tests in preparation for the network actually going live. THAT is what happened, not anything else you or anyone else claims.

Dictionary: live=active. LTE was active on launch, therefore LTE was live. Your in complete denial and your ego is too big to deal with the fact that your incorrect

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh and for the record get out a dictionary, one definition of live is active and when I say LTE is live, LTE was actively on during the launch of the EVO hereby further proving my statement, check and mate, you fail horribly again. Have some common sense please

Except it wasn't active, it was being tested. Active would be a network that was fully online, which it certainly wasn't.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Except it wasn't active, it was being tested. Active would be a network that was fully online, which it certainly wasn't.

It was active as it was working and on at the time, your trying to change the definition of words, do u seriously have to teach you the definition of active as well, my god someone didn't go to school

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It was active as it was working and on at the time, your trying to change the definition of words, do u seriously have to teach you the definition of active as well, my god someone didn't go to school

Please go read up on how major networks are launched. Prior to any network going live, they have to test it in the markets where it will be available. That includes turning on portions of the network that customers may or may not be able to use. That is what anyone that may have gotten a Sprint LTE signal prior to yesterday would have experienced.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site

let me put it this way tested or not, because the definition active has nothing to do wether something is being tested or not, means that its operational, if i can get on ad actually use the 4g let then its operational. operational = active therefore proving another one of my statements. come one just keep them coming ill be more than happy to keep correcting your wrongs

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Please go read up on how major networks are launched. Prior to any network going live, they have to test it in the markets where it will be available. That includes turning on portions of the network that customers may or may not be able to use. That is what anyone that may have gotten a Sprint LTE signal prior to yesterday would have experienced.

this statement has nothing to do with anything i just said and is just altering the fact that what you said earlier was incorrect.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
let me put it this way tested or not, because the definition active has nothing to do wether something is being tested or not, means that its operational, if i can get on ad actually use the 4g let then its operational. operational = active therefore proving another one of my statements. come one just keep them coming ill be more than happy to keep correcting your wrongs

The network was not active. It was not certified for customer use, and was in fact being tested.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
this statement has nothing to do with anything i just said and is just altering the fact that what you said earlier was incorrect.

Not remotely. The network was not active and was not live. It has not been live until this weekend.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
The network was not active. It was not certified for customer use, and was in fact being tested.

lte was active as anyone in the area was able to actually physically get on and use it which means that it was operational on there devices

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
lte was active as anyone in the area was able to actually physically get on and use it which means that it was operational on there devices

You don't know how network testing works. Any available signal was an incidental effect of sprint testing. The network was not active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674