Pic Sharing from Web

GamnDood

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
On my original EVO I was able to long-press a picture from the stock browser and choose "share image" then choose "messages" and the picture would automatically be attached to a text. There was also the option to share via Facebook, Peep, Mail, and others. This option does not appear to be available on my EVO LTE. I can only share the link. Now I have to save it to my gallery, open it there, and then I can share it via text message. I can't understand why we spend money for an upgraded product only to sacrifice features. I used this all the time to share funny (stupid) things from the web.
Also, since the latest update when I tap the url bar at the top of the browser to type a new web address it no longer highlights the entire string so I can just start typing. I either need to long-press and choose select all or scroll to the end and delete the address.

Anyone else have these issues or know any solutions?

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
you cant do this function from within the facebook app. I have had success doing what you described above by using fb thru the web browser... either with Chrome or Dolphin HD

GamnDood

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to do this from the stock android browser. The option is gone on the new browser and I haven't found any other browsers that can do it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
On my original EVO I was able to long-press a picture from the stock browser and choose "share image" then choose "messages" and the picture would automatically be attached to a text. There was also the option to share via Facebook, Peep, Mail, and others. This option does not appear to be available on my EVO LTE. I can only share the link. Now I have to save it to my gallery, open it there, and then I can share it via text message. I can't understand why we spend money for an upgraded product only to sacrifice features. I used this all the time to share funny (stupid) things from the web.
Also, since the latest update when I tap the url bar at the top of the browser to type a new web address it no longer highlights the entire string so I can just start typing. I either need to long-press and choose select all or scroll to the end and delete the address.

Anyone else have these issues or know any solutions?

Not sure if the not having those options is to make sure they are not going to get sued by Apple but I can tap the url bar in the Dolphin browser and the entire string is highlighted.

Ice

Gorgula1

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The picture sharing is the most important feature to me too. I am in the same phone situation as you and can't find a solution. I figure it might have something to do with apple being sue happy too. I am rooted and still no solution. Let me know if you find anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12