Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to use Google Wallet?

Just wondering how it works. Do you have to open google wallet app and then tap? Do they have to do something on the register for it to work?
    Last edited by ntorres6; 07-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Just have your screen on and touch it to the speed pass.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to use Google Wallet?

I have tried it at Walgreens today and it didn't work...

were you rooted when you took the update like I was.......*****! If it doesn't say unsupported device at the top make sure you got the prepaid $10
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No, not rooted...got the prepaid $10 on it...just not working...

How long does it take for the transaction to work? I tried at a Home Depot earlier today and couldn't get it to work. Is the speed dependent on your data signal?

I have tried at least a dozen places. McDs, Whataburger, Walgreens, a soda machine that has the paypass logo and other. Not one has worked. Begining to think its a farce and useless 'feature' that was not fully engineered or tested and foisted on Sprint customers like so many others. Guess I am just down on Sprint today with the NON launch of LTE today in Houston.

Anyway, I still try the Wallet thing from time to time but never expect it to work anymore.

i really should go to the sprint store and explain to them they can have thier payment as soon as thier payment system is made to work.......

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

I've used it at a Chevron when I first got the phone (before they disabled it). Now when I've tried two McD's, it's a no go (do they have to tell it to use the PayPass/Google wallet), and are Google Wallet and PayPass the same thing?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Tried it a Jack in the Box this morning...it read the phone, did the sound thing, then said it wasn't reading the phone...but, it did do the little "wave" thingy...but, no go...

I tried it at a paypass terminal at Jersey Mike's. The cashier was clueless about it. I don't know if there was something she needed to do on her end, but nothing happened when I waved the phone over the device

ROM
    Stock Root

Make sure the store has the machine turned on first. Ones I've seen should have a green light on the pay pass scanner. First time I used GW the store (Burger King) didn't have a clue what I was doing, or had a clue on how to turn it on. After ordering $10 worth of food I just left and they was demanding I pay. Real horror story but went to a different BK and they had the green light on the scanner and it worked flawlessy. Just hold phone above the scanner, google wallet should launch and punch in your pin, if prompted debit or credit always push credit, money transfers. Thanks for the food Google!
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

Not sure why everyone on here is having issues... I've tried it at 711 and Whataburger and it worked instantly for the past week and even funded $20 to it. Just have to have the screen on. The NFC needs to be turned ON in the wireless and networks settings if haven't checked.

Used it at a 7-11 for the first time today. Worked flawlessly. I held the phone in the terminal for a couple seconds and it asked for my pin. Had to tap it again to the complete the transaction. Took 15 seconds total.

However I did try it at a Mobil station and it didn't work. I'm wondering if some terminals don't work because no has tried to use them and they're not in service.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Tried it at a Whataburger and it didn't work for me. The lady behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy trying to pay for my breakfast with my phone. She probably was thinking, "what is this dumbass trying to do?" Will look for more places to try.

Quote Originally Posted by silvilas View Post
    Tried it at a Whataburger and it didn't work for me. The lady behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy trying to pay for my breakfast with my phone. She probably was thinking, "what is this dumbass trying to do?" Will look for more places to try.
    Lol, I was actually worried it might not work and I'd look like a dumbass.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts

This is part of the problem people are experiencing.. Even if Wallet is working fine the retailer could have it turned off or not functioning. Best Buy came straight out and told me they disabled it because nobody used it. The problem is likely at the retailer end in a lot of cases they have no idea how it works or IF its working because hardly anyone uses Paypass or their phones for payments yet.

Used it at Petco today with no problems

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    673 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Jailbroken/Rooted

I used it with our vending machine at work today, and then again at CVS...

I've tried to use Google Wallet twice. Once at CVS and once at McDonalds. Both times I would get to the "tap device again to complete transaction" and then nothing would happen when I'd tap the device again... anyone else experiencing this?

I tried at CVS and nothing would happen when the "tap device again to complete transaction" message would come on... any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by tuccman View Post
    I tried at CVS and nothing would happen when the "tap device again to complete transaction" message would come on... any advice?
    Are you saying you tried tapping again and it didn't work?

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I have tried twice using it at the same circle k. The first time I tried it, I got the blue light to turn on, but the cashier said it was being declined?

The second time I went, I didn't get anything happening on the phone at all! The cashier told me them machines were the old machines? I will try it at a CVS next time I go out.

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by tuccman View Post
    Do you have a thick case on your phone? Or something metal around it? That's all I can think of if it won't register "at all".

Personally, I found myself a bit disappointed in the "offers" section of google wallet. There were redeemable coupons for stores like old navy, American Eagle, and Gap. I tried the AE one, and even though it said it redeemed the offer, I didn't get 15% off of my purchase, and it didn't show up on the receipt. I read the fine print and it said "only in participating Bay Area stores". I then went through the rest of the available offers and they all said that. Great...guess I'm out of luck for not living in SF. Also the reward card options are pretty lame. Foot locker, office max, and American Eagle? That's it? woohoo

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Are you saying you tried tapping again and it didn't work?
    Yeah exactly. I'd tap it once... then it'd ask me to enter my pin. After entering my pin it'd ask me to tap the device again to complete the transaction. When I do that nothing happens. I do not have a case on my phone but it's obviously reading it the first time around or Google Wallet wouldn't start up and ask me for my pin in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    Do you have a thick case on your phone? Or something metal around it? That's all I can think of if it won't register "at all".

Personally, I found myself a bit disappointed in the "offers" section of google wallet. There were redeemable coupons for stores like old navy, American Eagle, and Gap. I tried the AE one, and even though it said it redeemed the offer, I didn't get 15% off of my purchase, and it didn't show up on the receipt. I read the fine print and it said "only in participating Bay Area stores". I then went through the rest of the available offers and they all said that. Great...guess I'm out of luck for not living in SF. Also the reward card options are pretty lame. Foot locker, office max, and American Eagle? That's it? woohoo
    I have no thick case or anything around it. I think I explained my situation incorrectly. It would register at first and ask my for my pin. After entering my pin my phone would ask me to tap device again to complete transaction. When I would tap the device again nothing would happen. Do you think I simply need to hold it there longer? Or is it maybe its not "turned on" on the register/paypass device?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast