Pandora Refuses To Work!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Pandora does not work on the EVO LTE or S3 very well for the same reason no other music or video streaming service works worth a flip on them.

Sprint's network is too flippin slow to support the data stream. USELESS.

Unlimited frustration. For the last few months, my UNLIMITED data rate has been slower than my co-workers over the limit slow rate with T-Mobile.

And to top it off, no LTE today as promised. Yet again promises made, promises broken.

My employer uses TMO and employees get special offers and discounts. They just announced free HTC One S or S3 handsets, unlimited talk, text and 5GB high speed data for less than I am paying Sprint now. It may be time to go.

My wife and I both commute to our jobs and have been streaming Pandora flawlessly for about 2 years on various sprint devices. She now has the S3 and had encountered no problems. My son's Evo Lte was hit and miss. I used both side by side in my house and the Evo would not load. My son said sometimes when he was out and about he'd be able to stream Pandora.
So it's definitely not a Sprint issue across the board. My Pandora may not load as fast as my brother's Verizon Pandora, that's a Sprint issue, but mine still loads every time.

Reactions: baykcd

pkp1217

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Exact same issue on my EVO 4G/LTE. Noticed it yesterday after the OTA. Before the OTA I didn't have any problems at all and used it 5 times a week at the gym on a cellular connection.

Yes, I have Sprint.

moxiemoney

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Pandora played on my EVO LTE for 2 weeks when I first got it... now same problem as others. However, as some have noted, it does work when I'm connected to wifi at home, just not on the 3g... I'll try this Songza that baykcd posted, as well as try to install the older version of Pandora from the link he posted as well. Thanks baykcd... if these work :)

Reactions: baykcd

moxiemoney

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
...oh yeah, as far as those complaining about the Sprint network and speed...as far as I'm concerned, for the price it's still worth it. Yes, I wish I had the much faster connection, but if you compare the same plan with ATT and Verizon, you'll be paying much, much more per month. On a family plan, I pay $180 for 3 smartphones, 1500 minutes. My corp discount takes it to about $155 or so. On ATT, the similar plan, with 3gb data limit is over $200 after corp discount... is $45 per month less worth it to me? yes. For you? Maybe/maybe not. In Portland I have good coverage so no complaints.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
...oh yeah, as far as those complaining about the Sprint network and speed...as far as I'm concerned, for the price it's still worth it. Yes, I wish I had the much faster connection, but if you compare the same plan with ATT and Verizon, you'll be paying much, much more per month. On a family plan, I pay $180 for 3 smartphones, 1500 minutes. My corp discount takes it to about $155 or so. On ATT, the similar plan, with 3gb data limit is over $200 after corp discount... is $45 per month less worth it to me? yes. For you? Maybe/maybe not. In Portland I have good coverage so no complaints.

I kind of feel the same. Granted in central or nothing works great here. We only have 3G for all carriers. And they are all about the same. Slow.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jocatman

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I commute 75 miles each way for work. For past year used EVO 4G flawlessly in and out of many different signal strengths without issue. I upgraded to EVO 4G LTE 2 weeks ago and have had this problem ever since; I don't know if it is the phone hardware or Ice Cream platform, but it is an issue with Pandora on LTE - works great on first use, then all subsequent uses loading/buffering/loading/buffering/etc., until I reboot phone and start again. As noted above, on XDA, I found this link to an older version of Pandora 1.5.11 and it now works. Here is the drop box URL: http://db.tt/gGeKFG1l (I see the link above is to 1.5.13, so you may want to go with that newer version)

I'd be curious to know if Ice Cream OS is the common issue here amongst the different phones. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah this started happening to me out of the blue. Buffers for a couple of seconds, goes to the next song, buffers for a couple of seconds goes to the next song etc.....

Tried rebooting, uninstalling, then reinstalling. Really don't understand what the deal is because Pandora was working fine until today. Been streaming Pandora (through 3G) with no issues at all while at work since I got the phone. Very weird.

jmogha

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing this this morning as well. Worked until last night. Some strange problems with the Play Store and Gmail started too. I've unchecked fast boot, cleared data for all (and then some) offending apps, been rebooting. I'll report on Pandora after my drive home, but everything else has kicked back in.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This evening I attempted to open my wife's Pandora on her S3 in the car because we'd bought a indash touch screen receiver for the car that will allow us to stream music from our mobiles via Bluetooth.
Well the Pandora on her Samsung S3 would not load. It recreated the same issue my son was having on his Evo lte. I tried it just now and still won't load a song. It shows a different album cover every second as the grey circle goes around in the middle of the screen.
So my apologies for strongly stating that there was only an issue with the Evo Lte. I just came to that conclusion as I tested my wife's S3 beside my son's Evo repeatedly last week but was only experiencing failure on his Evo.
Now my wife's S3 is failing to load pandora properly

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a Pandora issue. Worked fine until the last update. Tried all the uninstalling, updating PRL, Profile and reinstalling, with no luck. Uninstalled and found the 1.5.11 version, installed it and it's working fine again...

jbunchii

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Played..."OK" for first two weeks, then buffering, buffering and nothing. My first gen Sprint EVO it played like a charm! Rode across country on my motorcycle and listened to it the whole way; varying signal strengths, still solid as a rock! This new EVO 4G LTE is not working correctly with Pandora. And Sprint has to know about this! :-(

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Played..."OK" for first two weeks, then buffering, buffering and nothing. My first gen Sprint EVO it played like a charm! Rode across country on my motorcycle and listened to it the whole way; varying signal strengths, still solid as a rock! This new EVO 4G LTE is not working correctly with Pandora. And Sprint has to know about this! :-(

What is sprint going to do about it? They don't make the app for Pandora.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2