Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pandora Refuses To Work!

I've uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted phone, all to no avail! Anyone else having these issues?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums..

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Re: Pandora Refuses To Work!

My 4x1 widget is gone. I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing.

Just checked on my phone, my Pandora is working fine. Even the 4x1 widget works.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It loads up normal, then even says "buffering 1%", but then says "loading" & never changes. This is the ONLY issue I've had with the new phone..

It's not the phone, it's Pandora. I've been having issues with the app for the past few weeks. At times itll just cut off in the middle of the song and freeze.
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

It is Pandora on ICS.
    @missjennell
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Any known workaround?

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

Quote Originally Posted by baykcd View Post
    It loads up normal, then even says "buffering 1%", but then says "loading" & never changes. This is the ONLY issue I've had with the new phone..

I've had the same issue for the last few weeks also. Seems to only be an issue when I'm on the cellular connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Do yourselves a favor, & download 'Songza', & call it a day, because you'll quickly forget what Pandora even was! It's free. It has no audio ads. & you can even pick music by your mood! I no longer even want Pandora!

Quote Originally Posted by baykcd View Post
    I've uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted phone, all to no avail! Anyone else having these issues?
    I wasn't having that issue at first, it just randomly started one day, I tried a fix where you get rid of the proxy for multimedia sprint has stuff going through using one of those dial code profile edit things, it didn't work for me but I did seem to get faster data speeds afterwards. I'll try to find the link tomorrow. I've just been using slacker until I see a fix for pandora.

EDIT: Just found a thread over at XDA that's working on it, I'm too tired at the moment to try the other fixes in there but somebody does mention the dial code fix a ways down the page. If you want to give that a try you'll need your MSL number too.

Thanked by:
    baykcd 

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    It's not the phone, it's Pandora. I've been having issues with the app for the past few weeks. At times itll just cut off in the middle of the song and freeze.
    It's not Pandora or ICS. My S2 and my wife's S3 load Pandora flawlessly. My son's Evo Lte gets stuck in loading off and on as a poster mentioned earlier.
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    It's not Pandora or ICS. My S2 and my wife's S3 load Pandora flawlessly. My son's Evo Lte gets stuck in loading off and on as a poster mentioned earlier.
    It's not the evo. I have yet to see a single S3 load pandora properly. I have tried it on every single one I have sold.
    @missjennell
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

Quote Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
    It's not the evo. I have yet to see a single S3 load pandora properly. I have tried it on every single one I have sold.
    You have any idea how ridiculously silly that comment is? Not a single S3 loads correctly? That's rich.
    Well out of the millions of S3s you've apparently tried, that don't load pandora, there's one you missed and that's my wife's. And as popular as Pandora is, there's not a single S3 thread anywhere that discusses loading issues for Pandora. My son mentioned to me on Friday that it wouldn't load on his Evo. So I checked it out as the OP did. Same issue he's having. Then I tried my wife's side by side and no problem. As I said, it's an off and on thing. A couple times during day it worked. But more than not it got stuck on loading with the circle. So there's obviously an issue.
    Take off your fan girl glasses for a moment. There's a whole different reality without them.

You have any idea how ridiculously silly that comment is? Not a single S3 loads correctly? That's rich.
    Well out of the millions of S3s you've apparently tried, that don't load pandora, there's one you missed and that's my wife's. And as popular as Pandora is, there's not a single S3 thread anywhere that discusses loading issues for Pandora. My son mentioned to me on Friday that it wouldn't load on his Evo. So I checked it out as the OP did. Same issue he's having. Then I tried my wife's side by side and no problem. As I said, it's an off and on thing. A couple times during day it worked. But more than not it got stuck on loading with the circle. So there's obviously an issue.
    Take off your fan girl glasses for a moment. There's a whole different reality without them.
    You don't know me very well since you are calling me a fan girl. At the moment I have an EVO LTE, an iPhone 4, 4S, Blackberry Bold 9930, Torch 9810, Lumina, Arrive and waiting on my S3 to get here. I wouldn't say I am a fan girl of any one platform or phone. I am just stating my experience. Which is not millions of S3's (way to exaggerate by the way). It is only 50 or so. I still haven't seen one work right. I did however send out an email to my district to see if any of the reps have gotten it to work. A few have emailed back so far. Some saying yes, some saying no and some saying both. I also texted all the other managers to see if they have gotten it to work on the store demos. Most haven't. Sorry you find MY experience "ridiculously silly" but it is MY experience.
    @missjennell
    Thanked by 2:
    roflwaffleton likes this.

You don't know me very well since you are calling me a fan girl. At the moment I have an EVO LTE, an iPhone 4, 4S, Blackberry Bold 9930, Torch 9810, Lumina, Arrive and waiting on my S3 to get here. I wouldn't say I am a fan girl of any one platform or phone. I am just stating my experience. Which is not millions of S3's (way to exaggerate by the way). It is only 50 or so. I still haven't seen one work right. I did however send out an email to my district to see if any of the reps have gotten it to work. A few have emailed back so far. Some saying yes, some saying no and some saying both. I also texted all the other managers to see if they have gotten it to work on the store demos. Most haven't. Sorry you find MY experience "ridiculously silly" but it is MY experience.
    Wow, Dat's The Type of Girl,Id like to meet.

Then don't make silly blanket statements like that just because you feel threatened that someone might be attacking a device you won't even care about in 20 or so months. The OP has a legitimate problem with his device. Apparently others have as well since there's apparently a fix in the works over at XDA regarding the pandora issue.
    Instead of trying to address the issue, you have nothing substantive to say so you choose to feel offended and toss out the ridiculously silly comment about no Pandoras loading correctly on S3 yet no problem with the Evos.
    You don't realize how incredulous such a blanket statement is?
    I'm glad you love your Evo. But to act like it (or any device) has no problems is naive and gullable.
    Enuf sed.

Then don't make silly blanket statements like that just because you feel threatened that someone might be attacking a device you won't even care about in 20 or so months. The OP has a legitimate problem with his device. Apparently others have as well since there's apparently a fix in the works over at XDA regarding the pandora issue.
    Instead of trying to address the issue, you have nothing substantive to say so you choose to feel offended and toss out the ridiculously silly comment about no Pandoras loading correctly on S3 yet no problem with the Evos.
    You don't realize how incredulous such a blanket statement is?
    I'm glad you love your Evo. But to act like it (or any device) has no problems is naive and gullable.
    Enuf sed.
    I would like you to point out where I said that no EVO's are having the pandora issue and that it is only the S3's. I never said such a statement. I only said what MY experience with Pandora on ICS is. I LIKE my EVO. I don't LOVE it. I am neither naive or gullible. I would never act like any phone has no issues. EVERY single phone ever made has a few issues. They are mass produced electronics. Of course there will be issues.

And how is what you are replying to what I am saying helpful to the OP?

To the OP, I downloaded Songza and you were right. It is pretty slick!
    @missjennell
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

Pandora does not work on the EVO LTE or S3 very well for the same reason no other music or video streaming service works worth a flip on them.

Sprint's network is too flippin slow to support the data stream. USELESS.

Unlimited frustration. For the last few months, my UNLIMITED data rate has been slower than my co-workers over the limit slow rate with T-Mobile.

And to top it off, no LTE today as promised. Yet again promises made, promises broken.

My employer uses TMO and employees get special offers and discounts. They just announced free HTC One S or S3 handsets, unlimited talk, text and 5GB high speed data for less than I am paying Sprint now. It may be time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Pandora does not work on the EVO LTE or S3 very well for the same reason no other music or video streaming service works worth a flip on them.

Unlimited frustration. For the last few months, my UNLIMITED data rate has been slower than my co-workers over the limit slow rate with T-Mobile.

And to top it off, no LTE today as promised. Yet again promises made, promises broken.

My employer uses TMO and employees get special offers and discounts. They just announced free HTC One S or S3 handsets, unlimited talk, text and 5GB high speed data for less than I am paying Sprint now. It may be time to go.
    Why complain about it? Switch if Tmo works best for you. People should be using who and what works best for them. It seems like a waste of energy to complain about what doesn't work for you instead of just getting what does work.
    @missjennell

Data speeds are most certainly not the problem here, I get awesome coverage where I live and I still have the Pandora issue.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

ROM
    HTC Sense

Something wrong with pandora when you go onto the cellular connection. Works great on wifi though. Hope Pandora starys working on a fix.

My wife and I both commute to our jobs and have been streaming Pandora flawlessly for about 2 years on various sprint devices. She now has the S3 and had encountered no problems. My son's Evo Lte was hit and miss. I used both side by side in my house and the Evo would not load. My son said sometimes when he was out and about he'd be able to stream Pandora.
    So it's definitely not a Sprint issue across the board. My Pandora may not load as fast as my brother's Verizon Pandora, that's a Sprint issue, but mine still loads every time.
    Thanked by:
    baykcd 

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Exact same issue on my EVO 4G/LTE. Noticed it yesterday after the OTA. Before the OTA I didn't have any problems at all and used it 5 times a week at the gym on a cellular connection.

Yes, I have Sprint.

Look at the comments on pandora in the play store. Clearly, it's a Pandora issue.

Quote Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
    Look at the comments on pandora in the play store. Clearly, it's a Pandora issue.
    Look at the comments on Pandora in this thread. Clearly its a Pandora issue on some devices and not on others.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast