Evo Lte bluetooth problems continue after update

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
After I did the update the first day, the bluetooth worked like it should in my car until two days ago. I notice when I turn on my car a few seconds after my radio went silent. My phone had a weird voice command menu on. I turned of the bluetooth on my phone and right after my car actually said "Thank You" and the radio when back to normal. UGH!!! Now the bluetooth when it connects to my car keeps connecting and disconnecting . Who can I email/complain whatever, I want my bluetooth to work so I can answer calls while driving. I don't care for streaming music cause as we all know, all new cars radio are made for Iphone/ipods first so that is what I use for music. Any ideas anyone?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My bluetooth connection worked perfectly (for calls and music) in my new Kia Soul until the update. After the update when the phone connects it says (no media) and won't stream music like it use to! I checked all the settings and everything is the way it's suppose to be for this to work, but it just doesn't. I hate it when updates break things that were working! Very frustrating!!

stumetz

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Before the update, people on the other end said they couldn't understand anything I said. Now, after the update, my voice is clearer but the bluetooth comes and goes. If I want to answer an incoming call, I have to do it with the phone. So much for handsfree. I'm driving a GMC Terrain. Hopefully, there will be a fix soon.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Stumetz, my bluetooth had the same exact thing going on....where people couldn't hear me. Now on mid sentence it cuts me off and drops the connection and then connects back. A minute so later. Driving a Pontiac G8. It is very frustrating. I have contacted HTC about it. They gave me instructions about resetting the connection. And possibly doing a reset on the phone. Haven't tried resetting the phone. I will post instructions they gave me. They don't make sense.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
This problem with the bluetooth only started today with me :( as of now no fix for it I've done everything possible ...i guess thats what you get when you integrate the antenna. Into the back casing I've also been getting random signal drops on wifi and cellular since day one ..do they even test these things out before push them out my guess is no

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Good afternoon, thank you for contacting HTC about the issues that you?re having with your Evo 4G LTE. I apologize for the experience you?ve had thus far with the Bluetooth. I will be happy to take a look at it with you to see what we can do to get you some resolution.

I have a couple questions about the situation so that I can get more familiar with the issue to better assist you. First, have you tried using other Bluetooth hands free devices to see if the issue just happens with your Bluetooth headset or others? Also, what have you done to try and troubleshoot the issue on your own? Have you tried resetting Bluetooth or performing a soft reset?

If you haven?t tried resetting the Bluetooth, you can do so by following these steps on your phone: Home > Applications > Settings > All > Bluetooth Share > Clear data or clear cache if either are lit up. After you do this please perform a soft reset to the phone by going to: Settings > Power > uncheck Fast boot > hold power button for 3-5 seconds > tap Power off. Leave the device off for at least 30-45 seconds and power the phone back on and evaluate the Bluetooth audio.

Let me know what happens, or if you would rather, feel free to contact one of our Technical Support experts at 1-866-449-8358 from a phone other than your 4G LTE between the hours of 6am and 1am Eastern, seven days a week. As far as updates go, we don?t know when the first update will come out for the 4G LTE or what issues it will address. The release of the update is completely up to Sprint and we only find out what is contained in it the day before or the day of it going live. I do appreciate and thank you for being a loyal HTC customer, I hope you have a wonderful day!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question.

I don't see a cache. Also....to build on your thoughts about the wifi and cellular drop...I have seen that as well. as a result..when I am at work...I turn off the gps and the mobile network when I am not using it.....my battery lasts a lot longer that way.

As I said, I haven't reset the phone yet...I guess I will try that today. As far as other devices dropping the bt...only seems to do it in the car.

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
From reading everyone post and I'm 90% sure our GM (General Motors) cars all have a pionner radio. What ever the update did it worked but went back to the same problem. Thanks everyone for the feed back, good to know I'm not alone on this

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope...mine is Blaupunkt...car was made in Austrailia by Holden. (for GM)......but w/ that said my Bluetooth unit is aftermarket by Bluestar.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Now w/ that being said, how would you: Home > Applications > Settings > All > Bluetooth Share > Clear data or clear cache if either are lit up.

I don't see a cache. Also....to build on your thoughts about the wifi and cellular drop...I have seen that as well. as a result..when I am at work...I turn off the gps and the mobile network when I am not using it.....my battery lasts a lot longer that way.

As I said, I haven't reset the phone yet...I guess I will try that today. As far as other devices dropping the bt...only seems to do it in the car.

I think where he was trying to get you to go is settings>apps>all>bluetooth share. When you click on bluetooth share from the list (there are two in my list) there is a "clear data" button inside that you press. This should set all the storage options back to 0. There is also a "Clear Cache" button a little further down inside each app listing, but after clearing data the cache gets wipped out as well.

I have performed this option, so I will test it out on my drive home to see if that clears up my problem. If not, HTC will be getting a support email from me as well.

Update: Still didn't work for me! Thanks HTC for breaking something that was working perfectly!! This did spur me on to try USB mode in my car, which I think I now actually prefer, aside from the fact that I now have to take my phone out of my pocket and connect it to a cable! It was so nice to have it auto connect and start streaming instantly! But now, with USB, the sound is a bit better and song info along with album art are now visible on the screen of my head unit! With bluetooth, song info and album art was not shown. Also, I get the added advantage of a slight battery charge, which is never a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I think where he was trying to get you to go is settings>apps>all>bluetooth share. When you click on bluetooth share from the list (there are two in my list) there is a "clear data" button inside that you press. This should set all the storage options back to 0. There is also a "Clear Cache" button a little further down inside each app listing, but after clearing data the cache gets wipped out as well.

I have performed this option, so I will test it out on my drive home to see if that clears up my problem. If not, HTC will be getting a support email from me as well.

Update: Still didn't work for me! Thanks HTC for breaking something that was working perfectly!! This did spur me on to try USB mode in my car, which I think I now actually prefer, aside from the fact that I now have to take my phone out of my pocket and connect it to a cable! It was so nice to have it auto connect and start streaming instantly! But now, with USB, the sound is a bit better and song info along with album art are now visible on the screen of my head unit! With bluetooth, song info and album art was not shown. Also, I get the added advantage of a slight battery charge, which is never a bad thing.

I did the reset and it worked for me, its working like it should. Try it again just in case and turn on and off the phone without the quick reboot. Then clear the cache

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I reset mine a second time....on the drive to work today...it disconnected and reconnected to the bluetooth multiple times . On average in 10 minutes I would say 3-4 times. (each. disconnect 3 times reconnect 3 times..) very frustrated w/ this. My OG 4G Evo never did this.. FIX IT HTC !

KB1660

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried pairing the phone, but declining to load the phone book when prompted?. (Delete the current pairing and pair again to see this option.) This worked for me before the update, and still does. I don't use the phone book, and can still voice dial using the contacts stored in the phone or in the blue tooth unit. In my car, the phone book was the issue, not pairing in itself.

Ledward1245

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I reset mine a second time....on the drive to work today...it disconnected and reconnected to the bluetooth multiple times . On average in 10 minutes I would say 3-4 times. (each. disconnect 3 times reconnect 3 times..) very frustrated w/ this. My OG 4G Evo never did this.. FIX IT HTC !

Its still working for me so try this. Turn off the bluetooth on your phone, then do the setting> apps> all> bluetooth share> clear data. Turn on the bluetooth and let it connect to the car. For me it worked twice by doing this, I think if it does work and you turn off and on the bluetooth manually you might have to follow the steps again.

Again this worked for me, hope it does for you too

KB1660

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Scruff24, if you already paired before, you may have set a default that the phone will always load the phone book when pairing. This is what the phone will do unless you tell it otherwise. Try clearing any defaults from the blue tooth settings, as others have suggested in this string.

When you pair after clearing defaults, you should be prompted by the phone during the pairing process about whether you want to download the phone book. First tick the "Always do this" box, and then hit decline.That will set a default that will stop the phone book from downloading whenever the phone pairs.

Again, it worked for me.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess I am missing the phone book loading part. I have cleared the data on the Bluetooth share....and now rebooted yet again. It's that it does connect to my bluetooth in the car....but then after a few minutes disconnects....then reconnects..numerous times... You can be on a call..and midsentence....would drop the connection back to the phone....then reconnect just like that. Will try your advice. But, I almost wonder if the phone itself has an issue..my phone. (of course when you do a google search on it...others have same issue....say it is Sense related...not the Android Software.)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Got my white evo last night and using blue tooth for first time for the past hour and it's very good. I have Motorola s-10 stereo headphones.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my white evo last night and using blue tooth for first time for the past hour and it's very good. I have Motorola s-10 stereo headphones.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Yeah the Evo LTE with that headset is awesome. I just picked one up last week. At home I can be on the other side of the house from the phone, about 50 feet away and through 3 walls it still works without cutting out.

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Third time seems to be the charm.....had a 30min conversation w/out it disconnecting. Will try it out after work on my 35-40min commute to see if it drops. Question..did you reset the Bluetooth share each time before using it? I guess I will find out later..

scruff24

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Stopping short of going on a complete rant. Disconnect/reconnect once again numerous times. Cleared the cache still didn't work. Didn't restart after clearing the cache, to see if that would work. Shouldn't have to restart the darn thing to use the Bluetooth functionality each time. Calling HTC tonight.