Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By JoshK
  • 1 Post By Nreeldeep
  • 1 Post By adventure95004
  • 1 Post By cmandd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ques RE: EVO 4GLTE

First off, I would like to apologize for "Starting a NEW " thread but...I believe this issue is getting "white washed" by Sprint.

I could "buy" the argument well,,, (the 4g lte) is just not as loud as other phones ,,,(end of story) BUT,,,,Since the 4g LTE has 2 speakers ...THERE is no reason the "old" 4g EVo should be louder than the "NEW" 4g LTE ...

With all of these "software" updates and enhancements still "Nothing" addressing this issue...LISTEN when I get a call I want to be able to hear the ringer ,,,it is VERY easy to miss a call on the 4g lte due to this issue...

I read here and othe forums people are trying "home brew ideas" ,,,some are waiting for "actual software upgrade", Can someone/anyone please give intelligent feedback regarding this.

Thank you in advance !

I've had no problem with volume, mine is definitely louder than my OG Evo.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

Default Re: Ques RE: EVO 4GLTE

You sure it's not your ears? My EVO is plenty loud. I have no problems hearing it at all. Of course I've got youthful ears as well lol.

"I" don't..... (have) "ANY" .......issues (with sound) quality (on...... my) Evo. Maybe "it's your" ............(particular)........... "phone".
    Thanked by 4:
    Pew446 likes this.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Where is the second speaker?

Also, using quotes and random capitalization, plus overuse of ellipses will not get your point across clearer or more demandingly. Just makes it look silly.

Certainly sounds (pun intended) like a bad phone. Take it to a sprint store and demonstrate the speaker volume of your phone against a floor model.

Like others mine is perfectly acceptable.

One question though, do you have "Quiet ring on pickup" turned on? Perhaps you have a bad sensor that makes your phone always think it is in motion thus quieting the ringer?

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    Where is the second speaker?

Also, using quotes and random capitalization, plus overuse of ellipses will not get your point across clearer or more demandingly. Just makes it look silly.

I disagree. I think the overuse of quotes, questionable use of commas and the obvious misunderstanding of the ellipses lent themselves to a refreshing departure from staid grammatical form.
    I may not have accurately comprehended his post but my eyes enjoyed the treat.
    kbp08tls likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,572 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMAN2012 View Post
    First off, I would like to apologize for "Starting a NEW " thread but...I believe this issue is getting "white washed" by Sprint.
    So why did you, then? There are already existing speaker threads.

I could "buy" the argument well,,, (the 4g lte) is just not as loud as other phones ,,,(end of story) BUT,,,,Since the 4g LTE has 2 speakers ...THERE is no reason the "old" 4g EVo should be louder than the "NEW" 4g LTE ...
    1) The Evo LTE has one speaker not 2.
    2) The Evo LTE is louder than the Evo 3D and almost as loud as the Evo 4G.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

I had to turn my ringer volume down it was too loud. Really a hearing check migh might be a good idea... Just sayin..

sent from EVO4GLTE

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Is it purely phone speaker issues you're having? Or volume within apps? There's both media and speaker volumes and sometimes the one you need to actually boost the sound in an app is hidden, or, there's a separate sound slider in a menu setting somewhere that you have set too low.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    So why did you, then? There are already existing speaker threads.

1) The Evo LTE has one speaker not 2.
    2) The Evo LTE is louder than the Evo 3D and almost as loud as the Evo 4G.

And you posted in this thread that should have been posted elsewhere, essentially making it longer. Which is the lesser of the two of evils?

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    And you posted in this thread that should have been posted elsewhere, essentially making it longer. Which is the lesser of the two of evils?
    I guess it doesn't really matter, the OP has gone back into his life of obscurity and doesn't really want an answer, just to see his name starting a thread...

I have felt the speaker was not as loud as my old Evo 4g. Mainly when using speakerphone for calls. Music may not be dramatically different but still seems not quite as loud. Also not sure this is related or not but when using the aux cable in my car I have to turn the volume on the phone up all the way and turn the volume on the car a lot higher than I do for all other types of music (radio, CD, HDD).

My lte is wicked loud. Yours must be defective.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    I disagree. I think the overuse of quotes, questionable use of commas and the obvious misunderstanding of the ellipses lent themselves to a refreshing departure from staid grammatical form.
    I may not have accurately comprehended his post but my eyes enjoyed the treat.
    Laughed so hard coffee came out of my nose, thank you

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Pew446 likes this.

He probably want it as loud as the HTC Hero was that was a beast phone King Kong in the Trunk the Evo is more like an iPod Touch it about the same volume but that probably cause they don't want you to go deaf I think the volume is reasonable it just some people want a litte more bass and volume like the Sprint Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
    He probably want it as loud as the HTC Hero was that was a beast phone King Kong in the Trunk the Evo is more like an iPod Touch it about the same volume but that probably cause they don't want you to go deaf I think the volume is reasonable it just some people want a litte more bass and volume like the Sprint Hero
    They do have extension speakers you can add that plug into the speaker headphone jack if you need the real loud sound and bass.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    (Quote:
    Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
    end Quote)

They do have extension speakers you can add that plug into the speaker headphone jack if you need the real loud sound and bass.

sent from EVO4GLTE
    They sell those speakers next to the punctuation in the store.
    roflwaffleton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmandd View Post
    They sell those speakers next to the punctuation in the store.
    Thank you grammar queen for the hints...:beer:

sent from EVO4GLTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    Thank you grammar queen for the hints...:beer:

sent from EVO4GLTE
    Yea thank to him also lol you never know who will be checking your posts for grammar or solutions to your questions you get a little bit of both on the internet they are like undercover Grammar Police cause you don't know you care and who don't.
    Thanked by: