1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Not Holding a Charge

Today the phone is not holding a charge. When plugged in it shows its charging, but when I pull out the plug it has 0% charged. I updated a few days ago, not sure if that is related. Any suggestions? Thanks

Default Re: Not Holding a Charge

Sounds defective :o! Maybe your charger is broken, have you tried another charger? Might want to take it back to where you got it...

I agree sounds like bad charger cord, I suggest you try a different one.

sent from EVO4GLTE
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

the green gauge on the charger icon is moving up and down. I tried to charge through a plug and computer.
    I had some posts on how hard it was to learn android, and now the phone isnt working after 6 weeks! This is not good.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    the green gauge on the charger icon is moving up and down. I tried to charge through a plug and computer.
    I had some posts on how hard it was to learn android, and now the phone isnt working after 6 weeks! This is not good.
    * Turn off fastboot and reboot the phone (if possible).
    * Even though it says it is charging and not, try a different charger or USB charging.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by HnLA View Post
    USB charging is hit or miss, so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Are you charging with the HTC supplied charger? I tried using a friend's charger that could only drive 0.7 A and at best it could maintain the charge, but would increase the phone's battery level. If I actually tried using the phone, the charge level went down.

U know one thing, if my phone was not charging correctly it is going back for a repair ...Just sayin..:beer:

sent from EVO4GLTE

Take it in for repair. They can do full diagnostics on the phone, charging port and battery. Then fix it or get you a replacement.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem yesterday and today, but I just restarted my phone and it now says my battery is full.

my phone stayed alive for 33 hours in a single charge