Any one else regret?

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else regret not exchanging their Lte for an S3 during their 14 day period (30 for BB)? I can't stand this stupid lack of multi tasking! I was going to exchange for the S3 but then I decided not to because CM9 was making good progress on the LTE....but now development has totally stalled without a good stable build and Im stuck with this stupid phone that can handle multi tasking :(

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope, Tried out the S3 in the store today and the screen alone would turn me away and back to my Evo. Since we have source now I can't imagine that we won't have a fully functional CM9 ROM by August at the latest. Apparently deck is going through some personal stuff at the moment but from what I've heard it didn't sound like it would be a long term issue.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting there. However, I don't have any regrets about not swapping out to a Samsung phone. If I could do it all over again, I would have held on the my 3D and waited for a Nexus from Google or someone else other than Samsung. Unless these manufacturers stop putting their messed up UIs over a perfectly good and fully function OS, then it will be Nexus from here on out for me. Plus, the Nexus line is considered a development platform, so it's very easy to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery on, which is very ideal for a ROMing maniac like me!

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I regret paying 115 to move up my upgrade a year, 215 with tax for the LTE, and 36 for the scam upgrade fee. Wish I just bought a used galaxy nexus for 350 and had an upgrade next year.

nsuviolin

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Not me...I much prefer Sense over TouchWiz, plus the build and hardware is much better. Only things I truly envy about the S3, though, are the dedicated menu button and the better multitasking. I don't regret the upgrade, but unless HTC comes up with something mind-blowing next year, I could definitely see myself going the Nexus route if the manufacturer steps it up in the hardware department.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Not me...I much prefer Sense over TouchWiz, plus the build and hardware is much better. Only things I truly envy about the S3, though, are the dedicated menu button and the better multitasking. I don't regret the upgrade, but unless HTC comes up with something mind-blowing next year, I could definitely see myself going the Nexus route if the manufacturer steps it up in the hardware department.

Not really. Coming from the nexus s this is a big inprovment. And 2 Samsung phones the radios are amazing to me. Lol.

The hardware is great and im waiting for cm10. What I might regret is staying with sprint. I'm giving them this last chance at a better network.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else regret not exchanging their Lte for an S3 during their 14 day period (30 for BB)? I can't stand this stupid lack of multi tasking! I was going to exchange for the S3 but then I decided not to because CM9 was making good progress on the LTE....but now development has totally stalled without a good stable build and Im stuck with this stupid phone that can handle multi tasking :(

Why are you making another thread that has already been created

anon(280955)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No regrets. And certainly don't regret not exchanging for an S3. That phone never appealed to me.
I love this phone and especially love the way it looks ... and all the compliments I get on it. I mean, are people really that upset because their browser reloads when they use multitasking? I didn't even really notice it until I saw people crying all day about it.

Reactions: baykcd

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I had a twinge of doubt up until the moment I actually held and used an S3 side by side with my EVO. That said, I'll most likely go the Nexus route next upgrade, as long as Samsung is not the manufacturer.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I regret it, but I also regret sticking with Sprint. Honestly I would have preferred to get a Galaxy Nexus and go on AT&T prepaid.
Or get an International version of the One X or S3. If the S3 was more, I'd get the One X, but if they were the same (or about the same), I'd get the S3 since it is the superior phone with a superior dev team. But that's just me. Honestly on Sprint the EVO is the way to go since the Sprint S3 wont get as much support as the International. Not to mention the battery bump, sd card, and kickstand even out the playing field for the EVO. Comparing the international versions it's pretty obvious that the One X is the lesser device.
So no, I dont regret buying the EVO, I regret staying with Sprint :'(

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting there. However, I don't have any regrets about not swapping out to a Samsung phone. If I could do it all over again, I would have held on the my 3D and waited for a Nexus from Google or someone else other than Samsung. Unless these manufacturers stop putting their messed up UIs over a perfectly good and fully function OS, then it will be Nexus from here on out for me. Plus, the Nexus line is considered a development platform, so it's very easy to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery on, which is very ideal for a ROMing maniac like me!

Right there with ya

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I mean, are people really that upset because their browser reloads when they use multitasking? I didn't even really notice it until I saw people crying all day about it.

It is far more than just browser reloading. If it doesn't bother you, that is great, but it is extremely annoying for other people.

In any case, I will repeat what I have said in other postings... if you don't like it, please tell HTC.

mkozak

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
No regrets. And certainly don't regret not exchanging for an S3. That phone never appealed to me.
I love this phone and especially love the way it looks ... and all the compliments I get on it. I mean, are people really that upset because their browser reloads when they use multitasking? I didn't even really notice it until I saw people crying all day about it.

Definitely not just browser reloading. That annoyed me but I can live with it. What really drove me crazy this weekend was trying play a game and switching over to send a text message only to have the game COMPLETELY reload from the beginning when I switched back. That got me to the point of full regret. I would miss the screen, the look of sense and physical design of the EVO but the multitasking is killing me.