Early morning internet weirdness

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having my first bug that is baffling me. For the second day in a row while having my early morning cup o' joe I fired up the internet on my phone only to be greeted by a white screen that does nothing. No error message, no page loading status bar or anything. Clearing the cache, and data, and force stopping the app does nothing to fix it. I can't even hit the back button, the recent apps button, or try to pull down the status bar as they seem frozen. I can only exit out of it by pressing the home button. Only thing I've found that fixes it is a reset. I even tried doing a google search, and address search from the navigation and get the same white screen. I haven't installed or uninstalled any apps in over a week so i don't think it's anything I did.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
No clue on the cause but I saw the same thing this morning, 7 or 8AM EDT. Fixed by a phone restart. I wanted to try clearing cache but couldn't get to the settings, at least not via the stock browser. Now that I think about it I saw some white page weirdness yesterday evening as well, but it wasn't thoroughly hopeless like this morning. Last night I just opened another bookmark and had no other problems.

Maybe some kind of Thing on the proxy server?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
If your using the stock browser you have to clear the tabs or you it won't load. Thats why your better off using a different browser like dolphin hd

sent from EVO4GLTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I do use the stock browser. I was under the impression if I went and cleared all my data and cache for Internet that it would close out all the tabs. Maybe that isn't the case????

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I do use the stock browser. I was under the impression if I went and cleared all my data and cache for Internet that it would close out all the tabs. Maybe that isn't the case????

I've actually had the white screen come up a few times while bouldering, but it asked me to clear tabs to view site. The dolphin browser has a setting for this, I'm surprised the stock browser does not have it.

sent from EVO4GLTE

baykcd

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend just setting up Chrome as your default browser. It's awesome how it just automagically syncs your favorites & recently opened pages!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums..

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I would recommend just setting up Chrome as your default browser. It's awesome how it just automagically syncs your favorites & recently opened pages!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums..

I've read somewhere it slows down the phone with a Sprint network thats the last thing I need it sometimes takes me five minutes to download one page.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma