Starting to really hate this phone and Sprint!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
1) AT&T sucks in dowtown Chicago.
2) You enjoying that tactile display, plastic body and old school hard button? I get nervous when I can almost see through the battery cover of a phone.

1) And I'm sure Sprint SHINES in Chicago.
2)You enjoying THAT tactile display on your Evo, plastic body parts and old school wake up button on top of the device (who does that anymore?)? I get nervous when my brother loses commission on all the Evo returns he processes weekly.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
See, no one is exempt from coming up with ridiculously juvenile comments.
Try to have something substantive and thoughtful to say. Grown folk are here having mature discourse. If you're unable to create a meaningful comment, go back to your Etch-a-Sketch.
Enuf sed.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What gets to me is the lack of communication. And this is not restricted to Sprint but to just about every company and store I have to deal with both in my personal and professional life. There seems to be a prevailing overtone of secrecy and "protecting" customers from information, only wanting to let through things that are positive, polished, or carefully controlled. As an intelligent consumer, this frustrates me to no end.

Like most people, I wouldn't mind disruption in service if I knew why it was being done, exactly when it was happening, for how long, and what it means for me. These are typically things that could be easily conveyed, but are not.

A different example is just trying to get real product information, specifications, and instructions. It seems we have moved from an era of full access to such information to having to wade through tons of marketing hype, photos, "feelings", tours, etc to get to something solid. To put this into phone perspective, pretend you are phone shopping and just want to find out these basic specifications for several brands of top phones from manufacturer's web sites or from a store:

1) Which CPU, how many cores, and at what speed
2) How much memory (this is a big one that is almost always missing)
3) How much storage- but not just how much, how much is AVAILABLE to the end user (another almost always missing spec)
4) Screen display technology, size, and resolution
5) Battery size (mAh)
6) What version of Android
7) What ports and connectors are on the device (usb, charging, earphones, SD, SIM, etc)
8) Exact dimensions and weight
9) What warranty is offered

Seems like that would be easy, wouldn't it?

Could you remember all of that about every single phone that comes out? I know I can't. That is why in a store we don't know all of that.

Wait until you try to update 12 apps and leave Play to take a picture of something and then realize the phone won't do two things at the same time when your updates stop or are aborted. If you can't imagine something to complain about, then either you only ever do one thing or 5 days isn't long enough yet :)

But yes, it is still an awesome phone.

I just took a picture while on tapatalk and facebook. Mine seems to multi task pretty well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
1) And I'm sure Sprint SHINES in Chicago.
2)You enjoying THAT tactile display on your Evo, plastic body parts and old school wake up button on top of the device (who does that anymore?)? I get nervous when my brother loses commission on all the Evo returns he processes weekly.
Do you live in Chicago? I'm assuming you don't. I was long time Att customer so I have first hand experience with Att. That's why I jumped ship.

You're honestly going to tell me that Amoled is better than super LED? Have you compared the 2 displays?

Only plastic part on the Evo is the back cover which is for accessing the sd card slot.

Take a look at the SIII Thread. Their are several posts on a variety of issues with the SIII. Both phone's have issues that have prompted people to return their phones as well.

Last edited:

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
YOUR biggest issue is with the network. And that's fine. But the plethora of threads and posts about the multitasking/reloading (as opposed to the network issue) speaks to a real issue for plenty others.

Remember, just because it's sunny in your town doesn't mean it's not storming somewhere else.

Never debated the issue about multitasking. I just said it wasn't an issue me. If it's an issue for you, take it back and get something else.

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow...so glad I found this thread. I'm visiting Chicago for 5 days and Sprint 3G is definitely unusable in the area. I have full bars but my phone will not connect to the network. I can't wait to get back home to California so I can at least use WiFi again (3G isn't that great at home but is certainly better than here).

I have to disagree. I was in Chicago a few weeks ago for a wedding. 3 days in the city, and 2 in the South burbs. My EVO LTE performed like a champ. I used it for all my navigation and internet usage, and I had no issues at all. Used GPS to get me everywhere, including walking directions. I'll admit, the big buildings did interfere with my signal sometimes, but that's expected in my opinion. I didn't do a lot of phone calls, but those worked too. I did do all the updates when I touched down at the airport, so maybe Miss J. has a point.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Never debated the issue about multitasking. I just said it wasn't an issue me. If it's an issue for you, take it back and get something else.

You made a general statement as opposed to stating that it was an issue for you.
I cleared it up for you.
Multitasking is the single most discussed topic in this forum. Obvious it's not an issue for you, but for many others it is.
Your device is just as wonderful as it is flawed. Just like any other device. If it were the perfect device, you'd find this forum empty.
But it's perfect for YOU. In the end that's all that matters. Just remember, others have many gripes they have shared with this forum just as you shared yours about network. I'm sure that's a legitimate issue for you. Learn to respect that someone else's issue might be just as legitimate to him/her.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Since the update multitasking has improved but is definetly not legitamite multitasking (so called memory management BS) I've found that I can go through apps better with no reloads since the update but no matter what facebook and a few others always reload. Therefore what htc claims as multitasking is def false advertisement and should be labeled as memory management

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For now i am sticking with sprint i am in florida my 3g has its ups and downs but i am primarily on wifi anyway and lte is around the corner so

Reactions: Mercury81

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to disagree. I was in Chicago a few weeks ago for a wedding. 3 days in the city, and 2 in the South burbs. My EVO LTE performed like a champ. I used it for all my navigation and internet usage, and I had no issues at all. Used GPS to get me everywhere, including walking directions. I'll admit, the big buildings did interfere with my signal sometimes, but that's expected in my opinion. I didn't do a lot of phone calls, but those worked too. I did do all the updates when I touched down at the airport, so maybe Miss J. has a point.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

I always have a point! Lol. Just sometimes its not a good one.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
You made a general statement as opposed to stating that it was an issue for you.
I cleared it up for you.
Multitasking is the single most discussed topic in this forum. Obvious it's not an issue for you, but for many others it is.
Your device is just as wonderful as it is flawed. Just like any other device. If it were the perfect device, you'd find this forum empty.
But it's perfect for YOU. In the end that's all that matters. Just remember, others have many gripes they have shared with this forum just as you shared yours about network. I'm sure that's a legitimate issue for you. Learn to respect that someone else's issue might be just as legitimate to him/her.

Again the topic of this post was her frustration with the phone not getting a signal and the network in Chicago, not multitasking (which I didn't start btw).

Like I said earlier no phone is perfect (even this one, believe me I've had my fair share issues with it). I never once posted on the topic of multi tasking on this site except to say I haven't had an issue with it when somebody posted a comment here. If people have issues with it, I'm sorry about that. Voice your concern on that subject on one of the many posts about it. But this has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

I don't read each and every topic posted about this phone on the site. You're the one making a big deal about it not me.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I never once posted on the topic of multi tasking on this site except to say I haven't had an issue with it when somebody posted a comment here. If people have issues with it, I'm sorry about that. Voice your concern on that subject on one of the many posts about it. But this has nothing to do with the subject at hand..

I posted about it in the thread only because of "zmann" saying "I can't see for the life of me how anyone could complain [about the Evo LTE]", which to some of us is rather insulting. Had he said "I can't complain about the phone", that would be fine.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe your right and I should have worded my comment different but let's get a grip here,, insulting?. I think sometimes things are taking a bit to seriously here,,, it's a phone, lol. In any case I would like to apologize to anyone who may have been insulted about a comment I made about a phone.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe your right and I should have worded my comment different but let's get a grip here,, insulting?. I think sometimes things are taking a bit to seriously here,,, it's a phone, lol. In any case I would like to apologize to anyone who may have been insulted about a comment I made about a phone.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

That was hardly a sincere apology, with the sarcasm you tucked in there, but I don't think an apology was necessary. Not to a thread member anyway. You might apologize to yourself for a momentary lapse of insight or judgement, but I just see no egregious fault.
Your first statement was sufficient in that you could have worded it differently. People have had the device more than your scant 5 days you've had yours and they've found issues with some features that have become annoyances because they hinder usage. I'm sure you've complained about an item that others found groundless as well.
No one is complaining about the device, rather some features they're having problems with. They love the device and want to get those issues corrected.
So when someone tosses out a blanket generalization as you did, it's very annoying to some because its underlying message is, "You don't know what you're talking about."

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
No one is complaining about the device, rather some features they're having problems with. They love the device and want to get those issues corrected.
So when someone tosses out a blanket generalization as you did, it's very annoying to some because its underlying message is, "You don't know what you're talking about."

I think we all here enjoy the device itself. I know I did until I had to return it. My reasons were not with how the device worked it was with the service we were getting or more to the point the lack of service from both Sprint and HTC. I was on pre order and got one of the first devices. I could live with the early development issues. What I couldn't live with was the out and out denial from Sprint about connectivity issues and the silence from HTC about a software fix to get it right. With no help in sight I had to send it back and drop Sprint. The silver lining is that I have an unlocked Gnex now with JB and i'm paying 60.00 less with Tmo. If I could get a One XL on Tmo with storage like the LTE I'd jump back on. One S is nice just not enough for me to bite.

bearballz72

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Didn't insult me at all so no crime no foul :). I agree some people on this site need to chill, it's a phone!!! I know people are passionate about this subject but we're not discussing world politics here.

I find it almost comical that some inane comment can get some people so bent out of shape around here....Geez!

Reactions: zmann

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I think we all here enjoy the device itself. I know I did until I had to return it. My reasons were not with how the device worked it was with the service we were getting or more to the point the lack of service from both Sprint and HTC. I was on pre order and got one of the first devices. I could live with the early development issues. What I couldn't live with was the out and out denial from Sprint about connectivity issues and the silence from HTC about a software fix to get it right. With no help in sight I had to send it back and drop Sprint. The silver lining is that I have an unlocked Gnex now with JB and i'm paying 60.00 less with Tmo. If I could get a One XL on Tmo with storage like the LTE I'd jump back on. One S is nice just not enough for me to bite.

I returned my son's Evo for virtually the same reason. I might stick with Sprint due to the unlimited data, but we are shopping other carriers to look for decent deals.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the dropped signal issue is a issue with ics across the board because there is a thread in the sg3 forum and people are having the same exact issue even on that phone.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the dropped signal issue is a issue with ics across the board because there is a thread in the sg3 forum and people are having the same exact issue even on that phone.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Doubtful, if you've talked to Sprint, they take full responsibility for unreliable state of the network.