My pictures....

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm Trying to email some pics I took today but when I connect to my laptop via USB, I'm unable to find my pics. I have about 270 and it's only showing about 30ish. I've always found them the Same way but not now?! Anybody have this problem? Thanks

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Have that problem with my galaxy all the time. they end up being in pictures, dcim, downloads, go sms, etc. Don't know why. Even after you clean them up the still end up spreading back out again

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Have that problem with my galaxy all the time. they end up being in pictures, dcim, downloads, go sms, etc. Don't know why. Even after you clean them up the still end up spreading back out again

Yeh but this is a problem that I've never had up until I tried to send pics yesterday. They are nowhere to be found in the f.drive when plugged into my laptop. When I open a picture on the phone and look at the detail, this is what I get....
4c65045b-9e24-0143.jpg
but it's not located in dcim when I try to find it

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Try using WiFi File Explorer from the Play store. You can view and download files from your phone over wifi, no need to connect via USB. The paid version will also let you upload files to your phone among other things. I'd try using the free version just to check if you can see your pics that way.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Try using WiFi File Explorer from the Play store. You can view and download files from your phone over wifi, no need to connect via USB. The paid version will also let you upload files to your phone among other things. I'd try using the free version just to check if you can see your pics that way.

So that works when I do that way. Why doesn't it show all my pictures when connected through USB?

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site

Try AirDroid in the play store. It gives you all that and then some all for free

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So that works when I do that way. Why doesn't it show all my pictures when connected through USB?

Possible, the settings got changed somewhere along the line to put them on the internal sdcard. Look at the details for the pics. Recently had this happen to me. I changed the camera app, but must have missed that setting for a few pics.
They showed in the gallery, but not when I connected to USB. Which only shows the ext_sd.
After finding them with Airdroid, then also looked at the pics details in gallery did I figure it out.

Paul

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Your pictures are stored on the phone's internal card, not the external SD card. You can change the location the camera stores pictures in the settings for the camera app.

The external SD card can be accessed as a USB drive like the original EVO 4G. The internal card, however, can only be accessed via the MTP driver HTC supplies. Additionally, other methods mentioned above such as Airdroid work as well. I personally store all my pictures on the external SD card.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Your pictures are stored on the phone's internal card, not the external SD card. You can change the location the camera stores pictures in the settings for the camera app.

The external SD card can be accessed as a USB drive like the original EVO 4G. The internal card, however, can only be accessed via the MTP driver HTC supplies. Additionally, other methods mentioned above such as Airdroid work as well. I personally store all my pictures on the external SD card.

My storage is set to storage card. Not phone storage. Never had this problem up until recently. My OG EVO never had thus problem. I don't remember changing anything at all for the pics. And I have been using the stock camera app since day one.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Installed drivers, installing HTC sync manager now. Pictures are on storage card when viewed on my phone in the gallery but when connected to laptop via USB they are nowhere to be find in file path DCIM/100media. Always been there without any problem. I have like 30 something pics from a few months ago that I no longer even have on my phone. WTF IS GOING ON?!?! I'm ready to smash this phone ........

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Airdroid is 1000x better, faster and more secure than WiFi explorer...plus it allows you to drag and drop files quickly

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Installed drivers, installing HTC sync manager now. Pictures are on storage card when viewed on my phone in the gallery but when connected to laptop via USB they are nowhere to be find in file path DCIM/100media. Always been there without any problem. I have like 30 something pics from a few months ago that I no longer even have on my phone. WTF IS GOING ON?!?! I'm ready to smash this phone ........

HTC sync is BS....go easy and grab airdroid from play store....exactly what youre looking for...its hard to believe but its free.

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, this is what I've experienced with trying to connect my phone to my computer... I have a 32GB microSD card that I bought for the OG Evo, so when I got my new Evo, naturally I popped that in.

When the phone is connect to the computer, if I choose "Media sync", then both the phone's internal memory and my SD card can be seen as separate drives. However, not all of the files on the card are detected by the computer--None of the pictures I took with the phone show up, for instance. But the movies that I had saved on the card previously show up. HTC Sync on the computer does not detect the phone.

If I choose "Disk Drive", then only my SD card shows up, and all of the files on the card can be seen. Card is temporarily and automatically unmounted on the phone, is remounted when I disconnect the USB cable. HTC Sync on the computer does not detect the phone.

If I choose "HTC Sync Manager", the USB Debugging mode is turned on automatically, and HTC Sync on the computer detects the phone. Both the internal memory and the SD card show up as separate drives, but still not all the files on the card are accessible.

AirDroid currently does not support reading content on the SD card. I've asked. They're working on it, however. I don't know if this next issue is true with all Evo LTEs, or just me, but when my screen turns off, the connection to AirDroid is lost.

If you don't see your files on your external card when connected in "Disk Drive" mode, I suggest you get a microSD adapter so that your computer's SD card reader can read it. Then, when you need to access/transfer files, simply unmount the card or turn off your phone, and read the card directly.

Last edited:

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
My storage is set to storage card. Not phone storage. Never had this problem up until recently. My OG EVO never had thus problem. I don't remember changing anything at all for the pics. And I have been using the stock camera app since day one.

Maybe it is now, but in the example you gave in post #4 the file path is "/mnt/sdcard/DCIM100/MEDIA". That is the phone's storage, not an external sd card. Yeah, I know it says "sdcard" in the path, but if it were really an external sd card it would say "/mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/DCIM/100MEDIA"

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't remember changing anything at all for the pics. And I have been using the stock camera app since day one.

If you didn't change the setting, then it should still be set to the default, the internal storage. Did you take a moment to look at the settings in the camera app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt