Camera issue today

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Never had it happen till today past 10 minutes every time I aim my phone towards the light to take a picture(family is sitting near a window) it dims down to almost pure black and no matter what angle I choose to try and take the picture from it keeps going black...I started pressing the screen to 'focus' on my dad and it brightens every time I press the screen?? Really wierd never had this happen before anyone know whats going on?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Never had it happen till today past 10 minutes every time I aim my phone towards the light to take a picture(family is sitting near a window) it dims down to almost pure black and no matter what angle I choose to try and take the picture from it keeps going black...I started pressing the screen to 'focus' on my dad and it brightens every time I press the screen?? Really wierd never had this happen before anyone know whats going on?

Reset the camera app and soft reset the phone...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

It sounds as if the camera is adjusting the exposure due to the bright background. Doesn't sound like a problem with the phone/camera. A couple of things you can try:

1) Focus the camera on another object about the same distance away, only not facing the window. Then press the shutter button half way down and hold. Aim the camera back to your subject and press the shutter the rest of the way down to take the picture. The result will be a properly exposed subject, with the background over exposed.

2) If you are close enough to your subject, try forcing the flash on. This may add enough light to see your subject.

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It sounds as if the camera is adjusting the exposure due to the bright background. Doesn't sound like a problem with the phone/camera. A couple of things you can try:

1) Focus the camera on another object about the same distance away, only not facing the window. Then press the shutter button half way down and hold. Aim the camera back to your subject and press the shutter the rest of the way down to take the picture. The result will be a properly exposed subject, with the background over exposed.

2) If you are close enough to your subject, try forcing the flash on. This may add enough light to see your subject.

Exactly what I was talking about above!

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Awesome the half press works like a charm thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781