1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera issue today

Never had it happen till today past 10 minutes every time I aim my phone towards the light to take a picture(family is sitting near a window) it dims down to almost pure black and no matter what angle I choose to try and take the picture from it keeps going black...I started pressing the screen to 'focus' on my dad and it brightens every time I press the screen?? Really wierd never had this happen before anyone know whats going on?

ROM
    Stock Root

Default Re: Camera issue today

Is it not from changing the exposure? (not good with photography lingo?)
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

Reset your camera settings

This happens to me too sometimes,I've just been ignoring it, but if anyone knows how to fix it plz let me know

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyEvoAce View Post
    Never had it happen till today past 10 minutes every time I aim my phone towards the light to take a picture(family is sitting near a window) it dims down to almost pure black and no matter what angle I choose to try and take the picture from it keeps going black...I started pressing the screen to 'focus' on my dad and it brightens every time I press the screen?? Really wierd never had this happen before anyone know whats going on?
    Reset the camera app and soft reset the phone...

Sent from EVO 4G LTE
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

cleared data stopped app restarted phone still doing it

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyEvoAce View Post
    It sounds as if the camera is adjusting the exposure due to the bright background. Doesn't sound like a problem with the phone/camera. A couple of things you can try:

1) Focus the camera on another object about the same distance away, only not facing the window. Then press the shutter button half way down and hold. Aim the camera back to your subject and press the shutter the rest of the way down to take the picture. The result will be a properly exposed subject, with the background over exposed.

2) If you are close enough to your subject, try forcing the flash on. This may add enough light to see your subject.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

One more thing to try:

3) Change the camera setting from "Auto" to "HDR."

ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by dayphx View Post
    It sounds as if the camera is adjusting the exposure due to the bright background. Doesn't sound like a problem with the phone/camera. A couple of things you can try:

1) Focus the camera on another object about the same distance away, only not facing the window. Then press the shutter button half way down and hold. Aim the camera back to your subject and press the shutter the rest of the way down to take the picture. The result will be a properly exposed subject, with the background over exposed.

2) If you are close enough to your subject, try forcing the flash on. This may add enough light to see your subject.
    Exactly what I was talking about above!
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

One more thing to try:

3) Change the camera setting from "Auto" to "HDR."
    Yeah I also tried that and while it did fix the lighting issue HDR is trash makes everyone redish horrible worthless mode.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Awesome the half press works like a charm thanks!