Can't select camera

anon(421311)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Somehow my phone has been set so that the forward facing camera, instead of the rear-facing camera is selected. I don't want this, but have been unable to change it.

I looked at the HTC manual for the phone and it says I should get to the camera window, select the settings, and then choose "Camera." But when I get to the settings menu, I see only:
  • self-timer
  • Image resolution
  • Video quality
  • Review duration
  • Image adjustments
  • White balance
  • Storage
  • Camera options
  • Video options
  • Camera interface
  • Auto upload
  • Reset to default

No "Camera" entry. And "Camera options" only has widescreen and geo-tag --- no front versus rear. Reset to default doesn't do the trick, either.

If anyone can offer a solution to this problem, I will be very grateful!

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
As soon as you hit the settings icon it should be the first one click on camera the option should be there

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you've tried scrolling by now. What your looking for is at the top of the list

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

anon(421311)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I have tried scrolling (everything below "White balance" is not initially visible). The "Camera" menu item simply is not there. The first item on the menu, when the menu is scrolled to the top, is "Self-timer.":(

anon(421311)

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
This is interesting. There is definitely something wrong, since the top menu item for me is "Self-timer."

Interestingly, when I tried to use the CamScanner app (I thought it might do the camera selection for me), I get an error saying "Camera Error: Cannot connect to camera."

I wonder if it is possible that my rear-facing camera has simply stopped working, and that's why this happened.

I have no idea how to diagnose this, though.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante