Why aren't some apps visible in app drawer?

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
There's an app built in this phone called "mirror". It shows up when I search for it but it isn't showing in app drawer. Any ideas as to how to bring it out?

Thanks

Reactions: ay

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, although I have no idea. I didn't know mirror existed. How did you find out about it and I wonder if there are others?

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
There's an app built in this phone called "mirror". It shows up when I search for it but it isn't showing in app drawer. Any ideas as to how to bring it out?

Thanks

Thanks for pointing that out!! I had been searching the HTC Sense hub to try to download it, but couldn't find it there. I'm finding the same thing as you. I can find it on the phone by doing a local Google search, but can't find a shortcut to it. I'd love to be able to place an icon in the drawer to launch it, rather than having to type out the name mirror in a local Google search when going to open it. I have no idea how this is happening though (as you indicated). Anyone out there have any idea??

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, although I have no idea. I didn't know mirror existed. How did you find out about it and I wonder if there are others?

I was able to find out about it through one of the widgets I downloaded from the googleplay. It allows you to place your app of choice on the widget, and some of the apps I see in the list that isn't visible in app drawer include Mirror, PDF Viewer and Downloads.

JManekia

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
User one_love_420 from XDA replied with this message

HTC hid them, to unhide them navigate to the /system/customize/MNS/default.xml
You will see a lot of things in there but towards the top you see an application_hide list just delete the set you don't want hidden.

I was able to download and view the file. It lists lots of hidden apps like tunein, soundhound etc

Last edited:
Reactions: ay

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you guys know Polaris Office is built into the phone? I didn't until I opened an excel doc in gmail. Way cool. I have it on my tablet and love it.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Did you guys know Polaris Office is built into the phone? I didn't until I opened an excel doc in gmail. Way cool. I have it on my tablet and love it.

Confirmed. I searched for it in QuickShortcutMaker and it finds it, but it seems to be bound to some type of HTC cloud storage thing- there is no way to launch it stand-alone.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I was able to find out about it through one of the widgets I downloaded from the googleplay. It allows you to place your app of choice on the widget, and some of the apps I see in the list that isn't visible in app drawer include Mirror, PDF Viewer and Downloads.

Which widget are you using for that?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
User one_love_420 from XDA replied with this message

I was able to download and view the file. It lists lots of hidden apps like tunein, soundhound etc

Maybe I'm just not with it today, but how/where do you navigagate this? I would love to find the mirror and downloads.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm just not with it today, but how/where do you navigagate this? I would love to find the mirror and downloads.

You can just use the google search bar widget. It has local search functionality. Just type the name of the app and it'll show up at the bottom of the results. I just did it with mirror and polaris office (I'm not familiar with Polaris office on other devices, but it seemed to launch just fine...I mean there's the option to see recent, type, favorites, dropbox, and then make new documents/spreadsheets/powerpoints).

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I think he means how to navigate to the /system/customize/MNS..... Thingy were you can delete which apps to not hide.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How do I do this? (HTC hid them, to unhide them navigate to the /system/customize/MNS/default.xml
You will see a lot of things in there but towards the top you see an application_hide list just delete the set you don't want hidden.)

Do I do that when connected to the computer or directly from the phone? Do I need to be rooted?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
How do I do this? (HTC hid them, to unhide them navigate to the /system/customize/MNS/default.xml
You will see a lot of things in there but towards the top you see an application_hide list just delete the set you don't want hidden.)

Do I do that when connected to the computer or directly from the phone? Do I need to be rooted?

I think you need root for that. Download Quick Shortcut Maker in the play store if you're not rooted. Someone posted the link in this thread. Totally works.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
strange... i've noticed this too.

one thing that also annoys me is the apps aren't in alphabetical order in the download tab. can't figure out how to fix that.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Its got to be a glitch because if you have another launcher running (Apex for ex.), the mirror app is in the app drawer. Its just not in there running Sense.

Reactions: evang07

Lestah_613

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I first noticed this when I went to use sound hound and couldn't find it on my app drawer so I went to play store and it asked me to either open or uninstall bc it was already downloaded and on my phone. So I clicked open and there it was. Weird.

cedtrek

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
If you install an alternate launcher like Apex all of these apps become visible so Sense must be blocking them

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Quick Shortcut Maker, available in the play store, unhides these apps and creates shortcuts. Works really well!
from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463