Can't keep LTE signal

ksfireman82

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be able to pick up an LTE signal all over KC but can only hold it for a minute or so, then it goes back to 3g and never picks back up LTE while I'm in the area. Anyone else having issues like this? Anyone think I have a bad unit?

Thanks

crimedog1989

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I am in the Atlanta area and getting the same thing. I spoke with a rep atthe the Sprint store yesterday. He stated that they have been told that Sprint is having a problem with the EVO LTE and SGIII phones holding the 4g signals. They are working on a update fix to send out. Also they are replacing all the old hardware on the towers and installing new updated LTE and 3g equipment. This is suppose to take up to Dec. 2013.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This whole LTE thing with Sprint isn't very impressive. Epic Fail so far IMO.

LTE has been "officially" launched for only 14 days now and your already calling it an "epic fail"???? Did you really expect there to be zero problems or hiccups on launch day?? Even Verizon had some major and minor problems when they launched their LTE. Your expectations are over the top.

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LTE has been "officially" launched for only 14 days now and your already calling it an "epic fail"???? Did you really expect there to be zero problems or hiccups on launch day?? Even Verizon had some major and minor problems when they launched their LTE. Your expectations are over the top.

No, my expectations are not over the top. Sprint should have been much further along on this LTE before they started selling LTE phones....It's also ridicules that they have such a horrible 3G signal as well. That's what really adds to my frustration, if they could just maintain a half way decent 3G signal I would be okay and patient waiting for them to work out the bugs of this system. I don't expect any major upgrade to happen without a few glitches.....but the glitches in our area have been going on for far to long IMO.

Reactions: Caleb Morris

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
My 4G had that problem of not being stable the first time I picked it up until I just rebooted my phone. Then it's been solid as a rock ever since. (Actually, a few days later it did have the issue again, but another reboot and it's been stable). I'm very impessed with 4G so far. It's the "only" way I'm able to get internet right now and so having 4G available to tether my computer to is an absolute god-send.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No, my expectations are not over the top. Sprint should have been much further along on this LTE before they started selling LTE phones....It's also ridicules that they have such a horrible 3G signal as well. That's what really adds to my frustration, if they could just maintain a half way decent 3G signal I would be okay and patient waiting for them to work out the bugs of this system. I don't expect any major upgrade to happen without a few glitches.....but the glitches in our area have been going on for far to long IMO.

So you bought a new LTE device from sprint, re-uped your contract? Why? You knew about all the problems and lack of LTE at first yet your complaining about it on a message board. If you hated the service before why did you get a new device?

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So you bought a new LTE device from sprint, re-uped your contract? Why? You knew about all the problems and lack of LTE at first yet your complaining about it on a message board. If you hated the service before why did you get a new device?

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension. I never said I hated the service before I bought this phone....in fact I have been very happy with Sprint, otherwise I wouldn't have been with them for the last 15 years.

I got a new device because I had the original EVO since launch day and never dreamed they would screw up the 3G in the process of adding LTE and making this phone nearly unusable at times.....that's just silly they would do that.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Mastertech,
How much of your internet service can be WiFi? How is your phone service?

I've been with Sprint more than 12 years and also had the 0G. I re-upped for the 4G LTE with no 4G or even 3G at home but I did have WiFi and an Airave device.

During the changeover my 3G went to hell in a handbasket for a while too.

Recently LTE was turned on in my town. LTE works beautifully and it WILL happen for you too. Sprint has told us that Network Vision is a work in progress and will take time to complete.

HTC EVO 4G LTE