Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Default Re: New google wallet. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    Yep, just think of what you will accomplish in life with that savings of 7 and a half seconds. We will watch for your Nobel prize announcement in the coming years.
    Except it actually takes several seconds LONGER, by my estimate. And savings a few grams for a plastic card? Sorry, that doesn't make my wallet weigh any noticeably less.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Except it actually takes several seconds LONGER, by my estimate. And savings a few grams for a plastic card? Sorry, that doesn't make my wallet weigh any noticeably less.
    Obviously where we are with the wallet technology now is just the beginning. For someone like me as soon as Paypass scanners are prevalent in retailers and ATM's I frequent I will no longer carry a "wallet" as I would have no need for it on a daily basis. All I would need is my phone, keys, and identification(I'm sure eventually there will be a digital version of this also). I know I'm not the only one out there looking forward to this. It all has to start somewhere.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Which is like a debit card....
    Only if your broke and have to wait to put small amounts of money into your account.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    I knew what he meant hince why I said that if he was using HIS CARD not Google's it will work like he swiped the actual card lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    But it's not like he's swiping HIS CARD.. Read the link NicksGarage posted.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Bro the link just kinda supported what I originally said it all depends on Mc discover amex ect

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

It won't allow me to add my debit card I keep getting a error saying to try again later I tried at different times in the day and nada

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Google Wallet still does not work on my phone. It originally worked with no problems when most everyone else had a problem, now it seems the reverse is true. Karma, is that you?

--Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.--

It won't allow me to add my debit card I keep getting a error saying to try again later I tried at different times in the day and nada

Go to settings /apps/and find Google wallet And clear data,, exit and go open app and set up. This will work.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Obviously where we are with the wallet technology now is just the beginning. For someone like me as soon as Paypass scanners are prevalent in retailers and ATM's I frequent I will no longer carry a "wallet" as I would have no need for it on a daily basis. All I would need is my phone, keys, and identification(I'm sure eventually there will be a digital version of this also). I know I'm not the only one out there looking forward to this. It all has to start somewhere.
    Still have to carry at least insurance card, driver's license, health insurance card, car registration (well, I never leave mine in the car). I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Car keys are interesting- hmm, some cars will allow the phone to do lots of stuff (mine doesn't, though). Haven't seen Android home locks yet, but there are those with combination locks.

But what happens when you carry no credit cards, no debit card, and no cash, and your phone crashes, is dropped or submerged and ruined, suddenly has zero battery, or is missing? You would be stuck "away" and with absolutely no way to pay for or buy anything! Oh- we submit our fingerprints to the state and then not only can all our movements be tracked with phones and plate readers and cameras, but now everything we touch can be tracked too! Maybe I am too old and conservative.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    quorra likes this.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I can't register my card, it continue to give me an error. Then my card disappeared in the app this morning. I had Google Checkout a long time ago, which they incorporated into Google Wallet.

Can someone help, please.
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Go to settings /apps/and find Google wallet And clear data,, exit and go open app and set up. This will work.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    Thanks, I didn't read all of the replies before I posted
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

Still have to carry at least insurance card, driver's license, health insurance card, car registration (well, I never leave mine in the car). I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Car keys are interesting- hmm, some cars will allow the phone to do lots of stuff (mine doesn't, though). Haven't seen Android home locks yet, but there are those with combination locks.

But what happens when you carry no credit cards, no debit card, and no cash, and your phone crashes, is dropped or submerged and ruined, suddenly has zero battery, or is missing? You would be stuck "away" and with absolutely no way to pay for or buy anything! Oh- we submit our fingerprints to the state and then not only can all our movements be tracked with phones and plate readers and cameras, but now everything we touch can be tracked too! Maybe I am too old and conservative.
    You know what, maybe your right on a lot of what you say,, you need to have certain things on your, that being said for me it's not about whether I don't need to carry one more card on me, because I always have my card on me. For me it's about going up to that register and opening my rewards cards app and having lady scan my screen at the market for my discount card rather than carring it on my key chain,, then tapping my phone on pay pad and paying and hearing the register person say "wow, that's one cool phone". Lolololol. Sometimes its has nothing to do with practicality or convenience,, sometimes it's all about ego. Lolololol lolololol.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 4:
    WestCoastJedi likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

In the future your phone will control everything. It will be hacked and your google self driving car will self drive it self away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    In the future your phone will control everything. It will be hacked and your google self driving car will self drive it self away.

Now that was funny.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    WORKED! but I lost the free 10 dollar gift for activating Google wallet

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    WORKED! but I lost the free 10 dollar gift for activating Google wallet

Oops,, sorry,, I did not even know about that. I received no gift card.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

You know what, maybe your right on a lot of what you say,, you need to have certain things on your, that being said for me it's not about whether I don't need to carry one more card on me, because I always have my card on me. For me it's about going up to that register and opening my rewards cards app and having lady scan my screen at the market for my discount card rather than carring it on my key chain,, then tapping my phone on pay pad and paying and hearing the register person say "wow, that's one cool phone". Lolololol. Sometimes its has nothing to do with practicality or convenience,, sometimes it's all about ego. Lolololol lolololol.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    Exactly I love hearing the ladys at McDonalds wow at my phone I got a number and free fries yesterday lol

WestCoastJedi likes this.

So much for all the nice things I may have said about Google wallet. I just went to open it and all I get is the spinning wheel and says initializing, this may take a few moments.. Then it never stops. This is what it did when I first tried to set up after the update. I had to go into app settings and clear app cache. Not doing that again and setting up once again.
    EDIT : I had nfc off,, I was messing with things and forgot to turn it back on,, duh. Everything is fine.
    Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

Wear that tin foil hat much do ya! LOL

Joking aside....I'd just like to have the "option" of a digital version as well as a physical version of these things so I can chose to carry them or not. The technology is getting there for this to be possible. Like for me...I would have physical versions of my keys(cost to benefit ratio of getting a new car or have phone options for a car is too great) license, car insurance, and registration in my car(not my pocket)because there would be no way I would hand a cop my phone if I was to get pulled over lol, and everything else would be digital on my phone with physical versions at home. I would be aware of the risk of not having these things with me and would be willing to do that. Just as some people are aware of the risk of walking around with thousands of dollars in their pockets and do it every day. I'm all about the options.

Joking aside....I'd just like to have the "option" of a digital version as well as a physical version of these things so I can chose to carry them or not. The technology is getting there for this to be possible. Like for me...I would have physical versions of my keys(cost to benefit ratio of getting a new car or have phone options for a car is too great) license, car insurance, and registration in my car(not my pocket)because there would be no way I would hand a cop my phone if I was to get pulled over lol, and everything else would be digital on my phone with physical versions at home. I would be aware of the risk of not having these things with me and would be willing to do that. Just as some people are aware of the risk of walking around with thousands of dollars in their pockets and do it every day or the 70 year old person who locks a checkout line up because they refuse to use debit/credit cards and still want to write checks for groceries. I'm all about the options.

I think the future is bright and coming soon we will have digital identification like a hologram of my info and my insurance like they have on sci-fi movies could happen by 2015 who knows but technology is changing so fast it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post

Joking aside....I'd just like to have the "option" of a digital version as well as a physical version of these things so I can chose to carry them or not. The technology is getting there for this to be possible. Like for me...I would have physical versions of my keys(cost to benefit ratio of getting a new car or have phone options for a car is too great) license, car insurance, and registration in my car(not my pocket)because there would be no way I would hand a cop my phone if I was to get pulled over lol, and everything else would be digital on my phone with physical versions at home. I would be aware of the risk of not having these things with me and would be willing to do that. Just as some people are aware of the risk of walking around with thousands of dollars in their pockets and do it every day or the 70 year old person who locks a checkout line up because they refuse to use debit/credit cards and still want to write checks for groceries. I'm all about the options.
    I agree 100%. Twenty years ago, maybe 30 I'm getting old, people didn't even know what a debit card was. Now everybody has them and rarely caries cash. I have two debit cards and 4 credit cards. I try to carry the least amount as possible so I don't risk losing them. It will be so nice when everything is linked together.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
    I agree 100%. Twenty years ago, maybe 30 I'm getting old, people didn't even know what a debit card was. Now everybody has them and rarely caries cash. I have two debit cards and 4 credit cards. I try to carry the least amount as possible so I don't risk losing them. It will be so nice when everything is linked together.

Check cards. Lol.

Just went to the super market and I bought 300 dollars worth of food. First I walked through market scanning everything with my phone,, then I get to register and scan bar code at register to check out my stuff,, I then pulled up my discount card from another app and scanned that in and finally I tapped and paid for it with Google wallet, everything with my new best buddy, the evo lte.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

Just went to the super market and I bought 300 dollars worth of food. First I walked through market scanning everything with my phone,, then I get to register and scan bar code at register to check out my stuff,, I then pulled up my discount card from another app and scanned that in and finally I tapped and paid for it with Google wallet, everything with my new best buddy, the evo lte.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    And app I want to see: You scan your groceries as you pick them up. Then when you check out your phone generates a QR code based on what you scanned. You pay and walk out of the store.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast