Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

Default Re: New google wallet. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK View Post
    I've seen people saying Google Wallet takes longer than using a credit card. . .I think you're doing it wrong! I walked into the gas station and while standing behind the person at the cashier. I opened GW, entered my pin and when I walked up to the register and told her what I wanted she gave me a total, I touched my phone to the pad and literally halfway through her saying "Credit or debit?" the register made a noise and spit out the receipt. Wide eyed, she handed it to me and I was on my way. The only way it could have been quicker is if I would have had exact change and left without waiting for her to count it or giving me a receipt, and I never carry cash.
    < $25 = no signature. Credit card = no pin. Stand in line with card in hand. Get total, ignore question about "credit or debit" swipe customer unit in about 0.25 seconds and receipt prints. Not much different.

At Target.... swipe card anytime WHILE she is still scanning items...

Just saying
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    < $25 = no signature. Credit card = no pin. Stand in line with card in hand. Get total, ignore question about "credit or debit" swipe customer unit in about 0.25 seconds and receipt prints. Not much different.

Just saying
    Use credit card like everyone else. - boring
    Pay using your phone, all the while never looking up. - kind of douchey, but sexy

IJS

--Beamed from my EVO 4G LTE to your face via Tapatalk 2.--
    Thanked by:

Just saying
    Actually, it was a significant difference to me. I'm not talking in theory here, but experience. It was like night and day(compared to the multiple purchases i make daily), especially considering my phone is in my hand anyway. . . . but to each their own, there are plenty of people that say there is "not much difference" between a prepaid POS cell phone and a smart phone, after all they both make calls. . . . .but I know better.

And for the record, you can ignore the "credit or debit" question only to have to re-swipe because they didn't hit the right button, happens to me all the time.

Just saying

Actually, it was a significant difference to me. I'm not talking in theory here, but experience. It was like night and day(compared to the multiple purchases i make daily), especially considering my phone is in my hand anyway. . . . but to each their own, there are plenty of people that say there is "not much difference" between a prepaid POS cell phone and a smart phone, after all they both make calls. . . . .but I know better.

And for the record, you can ignore the "credit or debit" question only to have to re-swipe because they didn't hit the right button, happens to me all the time.

Just saying
    Aww man I though they could use the same button they always used I had my phone for 3 weeks and never used Google Wallet yet.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here we go again, Gmail and Wallet is acting up again. 6 days ago they were blank, did a hard reset, restored all my apps, and it worked.

I DON'T want to do another hard reset. Can someone help, please. The only thing I've done lately is activate Google Authenticator last night.
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cookie1069 View Post
    Here we go again, Gmail and Wallet is acting up again. 6 days ago they were blank, did a hard reset, restored all my apps, and it worked.

I DON'T want to do another hard reset. Can someone help, please. The only thing I've done lately is activate Google Authenticator last night.
    Go to the sprint forums between Android Central and Sprint Community I get answer to everything your question should be answered in 12 hours or less.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
    Go to the sprint forums between Android Central and Sprint Community I get answer to everything your question should be answered in 12 hours or less.
    Thanks you so much

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by cookie1069; 08-10-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,380 Global Posts

And in those cases were you using a real credit card or a check card (a debit card with a credit card logo)? When using a real credit card, it doesn't seem to matter about the question (at least, not when I have tried it). Even at some gas pumps I ignore the question and just swipe a real credit card and it works.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The apps are working now. Don't know what happen but cool

Quote Originally Posted by cookie1069 View Post

I'm having the same issue, I did a hard reset and I'm scared to setup wallet again...that white screen on apps is annoying

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by clockstopper123 View Post
    I'm having the same issue, I did a hard reset and I'm scared to setup wallet again...that white screen on apps is annoying

They are down again. WTF is going here?

And in those cases were you using a real credit card or a check card (a debit card with a credit card logo)? When using a real credit card, it doesn't seem to matter about the question (at least, not when I have tried it). Even at some gas pumps I ignore the question and just swipe a real credit card and it works.
    I have multiple credit cards and I have a Visa bank card so I refer to both and I don't "try it", I use them regularly. It's funny to me that all the gas stations I have used all over the country, I can't remember ever using a credit card and not being asked for my zip code, along with the receipt question, which is obviously much more time consuming than PayPass.
    I guess it all comes down to how much a person values their time. I've been using my debit/credit cards daily for more than a decade and it's never been as smooth and quick as when I used the Google wallet. You seem to have a real personal vendetta against GW, which is fine, but I wanted to let anyone reading this know a point of view from someone that ACTUALLY uses it, as opposed to someone that with a personal agenda and a tin foil hat.

Used GW at Rite Aid and Mickey D's so far. Both times I got the " How did you do that with your phone" question.

Just used wallet at rite aid for the third time and it is much faster then slide my debit card. Phone in hand anyways and then just tap and done. I so love the look on people's face when they see this.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I finally got a transaction completed. Put in pin and went back to home screen. Tapped and it took. Just had to confirm sale on terminal but it's the same as when I used my pay pass debit card at the same place.

I'll have to try it again at the 711 where it hasn't worked for me.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Here's my latest experience with Google Wallet. Made a purchase at Home Depot and used it to charge to my credit card (first time). A couple days later my credit card no longer works and a couple of my monthly automatic payments got rejected. Called the credit card company and they had flagged my account because the googlnfc transaction was suspicious. Had to spend a half hour on the phone with them straightening it out.

So if you use it with a credit card, you may want to check that your card keeps working after that. I'm glad that they were diligent in checking for fraudulent transactions since my account has been hijacked several times in the past but it was still a hassle.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234