New google wallet. Awesome

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just made my first google wallet purchase with the new app. Chase debit card. Awesome. First time I used this phone with google wallet too.

Love it. Our day had come. Muahaha.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
And I just realized there was a new google wallet app post below. O well. Muahahaha.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
How did u use the debit card without having to preload, I thought only citi bank cards were accepted

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used it since the latest update, but it is pretty excellent. I still have some of the $10 left that they gave us for trying it out. Other people definitely look confused when you're standing in line at McDonald's, then put your phone on the credit card machine but don't actually do anything.

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried Mine @ Meijer today. Inside the store, First machine asked me to enter my pin (into google wallet) then didnt work, even though I selected credit. Then I went Outside to the garden center for another purchase. The Google Wallet symbol lit up, then did nothing. Message popped up and said ask cashier if transaction went through or not.... Tried again, and nothing would happen. Not sure if it was a Bandwidth issue or not... I didn't seem to have a good 3g signal, and even in the store, it went away a couple times.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
one problem is that it is still using a virtual master card when charging then Google will charge your credit card. my reward card gives me double miles for gas, restaurant and grocery store purchases. If Google is the one charging my actual credit card while the merchant is changing the virtual Mastercard, I'll lose all the extra miles I'm supposed to get.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Which is like a debit card....

It is. But I find it quicker than taking out my wallet, swiping my card, putting card back, pressing credit or debit (if it asks, most default to debit), and entering pin.

A minor convenience really, certainly not the end all be all to anything.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Which is like a debit card....

No, not at all.

First, with the prepaid card I have to take $100 out of my account and put it on that card (giving it to Google). They are up $100 and I am down $100.. When I spend $5 for a Big Gulp they are up $95 and I am down $95, etc., etc.

Second, if my prepaid card is down to $5 and I wanted to spend $6, tough luck.

Third I refill my debit card with automatic deposit. :p

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
one problem is that it is still using a virtual master card when charging then Google will charge your credit card. my reward card gives me double miles for gas, restaurant and grocery store purchases. If Google is the one charging my actual credit card while the merchant is changing the virtual Mastercard, I'll lose all the extra miles I'm supposed to get.

Not if u use YOUR card for purchases it will charge your card like a normal purchase your just using nfc

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No, not at all.

First, with the prepaid card I have to take $100 out of my account and put it on that card (giving it to Google). They are up $100 and I am down $100.. When I spend $5 for a Big Gulp they are up $95 and I am down $95, etc., etc.

Second, if my prepaid card is down to $5 and I wanted to spend $6, tough luck.

Third I refill my debit card with automatic deposit. :p

Plus its safer to carry than all your cards IMO

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not if u use YOUR card for purchases it will charge your card like a normal purchase your just using nfc

I think you missed klau25's point. It's not about who us actually charged in the end, he knows it will be charged to his account. His point is who does his credit card company think charged that amount.

Obviously Google is not a restaurant, grocery store, or gas station. If the charge is applied to his credit card from Google he could potentially lose those rewards of double miles.

I guess the answer is no one knows until you get your statement.