Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Default New google wallet. Awesome

Just made my first google wallet purchase with the new app. Chase debit card. Awesome. First time I used this phone with google wallet too.

Love it. Our day had come. Muahaha.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

And I just realized there was a new google wallet app post below. O well. Muahahaha.

Default Re: New google wallet. Awesome

Lol it is pretty amazing
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,468 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    Just made my first google wallet purchase with the new app. Chase debit card. Awesome. First time I used this phone with google wallet too.
    What is so awesome about it?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    What is so awesome about it?
    I didn't have to preload a prepaid card.

How did u use the debit card without having to preload, I thought only citi bank cards were accepted

Nvm I just saw the thread below this one that says there was an update. That's cool

Global Posts
    2,468 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
    I didn't have to preload a prepaid card.
    How does that differ from a debit card then?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

How does that differ from a debit card then?
    With Google prepaid card, you had to take your money and give it to Google before you could spend it. Now you keep your money until you spend it.

Yes!! I'm gonna try it out today yoohoo!!

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I haven't used it since the latest update, but it is pretty excellent. I still have some of the $10 left that they gave us for trying it out. Other people definitely look confused when you're standing in line at McDonald's, then put your phone on the credit card machine but don't actually do anything.

I tried Mine @ Meijer today. Inside the store, First machine asked me to enter my pin (into google wallet) then didnt work, even though I selected credit. Then I went Outside to the garden center for another purchase. The Google Wallet symbol lit up, then did nothing. Message popped up and said ask cashier if transaction went through or not.... Tried again, and nothing would happen. Not sure if it was a Bandwidth issue or not... I didn't seem to have a good 3g signal, and even in the store, it went away a couple times.

Global Posts
    2,468 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    With Google prepaid card, you had to take your money and give it to Google before you could spend it. Now you keep your money until you spend it.
    Which is like a debit card....
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

one problem is that it is still using a virtual master card when charging then Google will charge your credit card. my reward card gives me double miles for gas, restaurant and grocery store purchases. If Google is the one charging my actual credit card while the merchant is changing the virtual Mastercard, I'll lose all the extra miles I'm supposed to get.

It is. But I find it quicker than taking out my wallet, swiping my card, putting card back, pressing credit or debit (if it asks, most default to debit), and entering pin.

A minor convenience really, certainly not the end all be all to anything.

No, not at all.

First, with the prepaid card I have to take $100 out of my account and put it on that card (giving it to Google). They are up $100 and I am down $100.. When I spend $5 for a Big Gulp they are up $95 and I am down $95, etc., etc.

Second, if my prepaid card is down to $5 and I wanted to spend $6, tough luck.

Third I refill my debit card with automatic deposit. :-P
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
    one problem is that it is still using a virtual master card when charging then Google will charge your credit card. my reward card gives me double miles for gas, restaurant and grocery store purchases. If Google is the one charging my actual credit card while the merchant is changing the virtual Mastercard, I'll lose all the extra miles I'm supposed to get.

Not if u use YOUR card for purchases it will charge your card like a normal purchase your just using nfc

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

No, not at all.

First, with the prepaid card I have to take $100 out of my account and put it on that card (giving it to Google). They are up $100 and I am down $100.. When I spend $5 for a Big Gulp they are up $95 and I am down $95, etc., etc.

Second, if my prepaid card is down to $5 and I wanted to spend $6, tough luck.

Third I refill my debit card with automatic deposit. :-P
    Plus its safer to carry than all your cards IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Not if u use YOUR card for purchases it will charge your card like a normal purchase your just using nfc

I think you missed klau25's point. It's not about who us actually charged in the end, he knows it will be charged to his account. His point is who does his credit card company think charged that amount.

Obviously Google is not a restaurant, grocery store, or gas station. If the charge is applied to his credit card from Google he could potentially lose those rewards of double miles.

I guess the answer is no one knows until you get your statement.

Statements show up with a bill from Google.

Decide how you use it from there.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Statements show up with a bill from Google.

Decide how you use it from there.
    More info - Add any credit or signature debit card - Wallet Help
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I really like Google Wallet when it works. I'm all about carrying the least amount of crap possible at all times. Sadly as much as I hate Apple, I really don't think the Paypass type transactions will take off unless the Iphone jumps on the bandwagon.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    It is. But I find it quicker than taking out my wallet, swiping my card, putting card back, pressing credit or debit (if it asks, most default to debit), and entering pin.

A minor convenience really, certainly not the end all be all to anything.
    Yep, just think of what you will accomplish in life with that savings of 7 and a half seconds. We will watch for your Nobel prize announcement in the coming years.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

I think you missed klau25's point. It's not about who us actually charged in the end, he knows it will be charged to his account. His point is who does his credit card company think charged that amount.

Obviously Google is not a restaurant, grocery store, or gas station. If the charge is applied to his credit card from Google he could potentially lose those rewards of double miles.

I guess the answer is no one knows until you get your statement.
    I knew what he meant hince why I said that if he was using HIS CARD not Google's it will work like he swiped the actual card lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast