4.0.4 update coming to evo lte?

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The at&t one x just got an awesome update which facilitates customization of the recent apps button. I would love this. Now, does this mean this is on the way for us too soon? Or does the carrier usually request a certain change for their exclusive devices?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The at&t one x just got an awesome update which facilitates customization of the recent apps button. I would love this. Now, does this mean this is on the way for us too soon? Or does the carrier usually request a certain change for their exclusive devices?

Carriers can and do request (and DEMAND) specific changes, and this is one reason why updates can be delayed for so long. It is likely the 4.0.4 update will make it to the Evo LTE at some point, but it is impossible to say when. Since the One X and Evo LTE are so incredibly similar (nearly identical in most regards), this will help improve equivalency between the two platforms, and thus reduce effort for porting updates.

I pretty much don't care about the update if it doesn't include SOMETHING to address the multitasking/memory/task management issues. But I suppose any improvements are good things to have.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Uh...that great patch breaks root...so all that!

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Carriers can and do request (and DEMAND) specific changes, and this is one reason why updates can be delayed for so long. It is likely the 4.0.4 update will make it to the Evo LTE at some point, but it is impossible to say when. Since the One X and Evo LTE are so incredibly similar (nearly identical in most regards), this will help improve equivalency between the two platforms, and thus reduce effort for porting updates.

I pretty much don't care about the update if it doesn't include SOMETHING to address the multitasking/memory/task management issues. But I suppose any improvements are good things to have.

Yea I'm starting to see the ram probably and the the home page reloading again it happen when I have so many apps and have them all sync and notified me

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted you can get Google Now. I've had it on my phone for a week or so now. There are a couple small bugs with it but all in all, it's pretty impressive.

I have had 4.1 on my Xoom Nexus for months, but still don't see Google Now nor even how to get it (not sure I want it, but would at least like to see it). It must be really well hidden.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have had 4.1 on my Xoom Nexus for months, but still don't see Google Now nor even how to get it (not sure I want it, but would at least like to see it). It must be really well hidden.

Google Now has replaced the standard Google Search. Easiest to just add the Google Search widget to a home screen.

Reactions: crxssi

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted you can get Google Now. I've had it on my phone for a week or so now. There are a couple small bugs with it but all in all, it's pretty impressive.

I'm not really interested in rooting this time around. Coming from the og evo I am a recovering flashaholic. :p

TlKRnKnot

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I finally received a reply from HTC regarding this and they stated that the update was made specifically for AT&T. I don't see the Evo LTE receiving this update any time soon. How can we get Sprint to demand they update our phone as well?

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I finally received a reply from HTC regarding this and they stated that the update was made specifically for AT&T. I don't see the Evo LTE receiving this update any time soon. How can we get Sprint to demand they update our phone as well?

That doesn't make sense if the international one x also got the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair