Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's your battery life now after 2 months?

So everyone who has a launch day evo LTE, how is your battery life now? Include if you have GPS off, brightness on automatic or a certain setting, whether you use some other task managing app of some sort, etc.

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Default Re: How's your battery life now after 2 months?

After a little over 1 month and phone is still stock with gps on all the time and screen set at auto with moderate use. I am still averaging about 14 to 16 hours a day of use out of mine.
    3348b76f
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

No change (after battery ramped up to full capacity in a week).
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Lets just say, one of the main reasons i moved away from android last year was battery life.

And now i don't have that concern anymore.
    delthor7 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    After a little over 1 month and phone is still stock with gps on all the time and screen set at auto with moderate use. I am still averaging about 14 to 16 hours a day of use out of mine.
    Same, I also always keep Wifi on, Bluetooth on, and Mobile radio on.. I easily get 15 hours of use daily with moderate usage which still leaves roughly 55-45% battery remaining by the time I'm going to bed.

When I heavily use the phone I get the same amount of time but I've brought it down to roughly 18% before with heavy usage.

Coming from the OG Evo, it is SUPERB battery life in my opinion... I'm slowly getting out of the habit of worrying about battery life throughout the day because this phone just lasts.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5

Doug,what did you to achieve this?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ToneSoul View Post
    Doug,what did you to achieve this?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Nada different. It was a lighter day except for the google maps/navigation use...but i went to a engagement party so i wasn't sitting on the phone for a few hours then went out at night and did a foursquare check in and a few texts...but this is typical for me with light use.

Medium use i usually get around 18 hours around the same percentage.

Heavy use is 10-12 hours around the same percentage.

I guess technically my vote don't count because it's only been a week but I have to say the battery life is outstanding. The other day I streamed sirius radio for 8 hours straight and I still had 18 percent left. That is incredible . Without streaming i easily get 14 hours. I never need that much but it is great to know that the battery will last all day, without a doubt.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    axllebeer likes this.

I use about 6% of battery power every hour with moderate use and 10% with heavy use. So roughly between 10 to 16 hours. I use Easy Battery Saver, screen on auto, GPS and Bluetooth off. I set my brouser to dim while loading and I smart sync my email.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

The battery on this phone is amazing. I can get a full day using it for normal stuff, and if I don't touch it the battery will last for days. Sometimes I forget to charge my phone at night with 60% left, and when I wake up it's somewhere around 55%, and I can get it to 100% within 30 minutes of charging. I love it.

No complaints what so ever! It charges surprisingly fast too.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I guess technically my vote don't count because it's only been a week but I have to say the battery life is outstanding. The other day I streamed sirius radio for 8 hours straight and I still had 18 percent left. That is incredible . Without streaming i easily get 14 hours. I never need that much but it is great to know that the battery will last all day, without a doubt.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    Yea I wanted to show mines too but I got my phone on 7.17 so I guess it don't apply to me

But I'm gonna post mines anyway this from 100% to 10%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's your battery life now after 2 months?-uploadfromtaptalk1344063398444.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    I use about 6% of battery power every hour with moderate use and 10% with heavy use. So roughly between 10 to 16 hours. I use Easy Battery Saver, screen on auto, GPS and Bluetooth off. I set my brouser to dim while loading and I smart sync my email.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    I'm don't use any battery saving app and gps is always on and I get the 14 hours easy. Gps does not eat up your battery unless you have active apps that are using it. If you see that little icon searching then it is using battery, if you just see that steady bullseye type icon it is not draining your battery.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte
    love my evo.
    delthor7 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel11 View Post
    Yea I wanted to show mines too but I got my phone on 7.17 so I guess it don't apply to me
    Well, that has been long enough to post yourses
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

First few weeks of owning the LTE I had multiple incidents of battery drain with only normal usage. The situation has improved significantly recently and now I typically get around 26 to 30 hours with normal usage.

I find that shutting off auto sync greatly helps squeezing the most out of its battery. This means I have to check for emails manually but it's well worth it for the extra battery life.

I use this one click in the sprint zone and I can get over 30 hours that how I got 33 hours on a single charge

I get a full day out of my battery if I don't do heavy streaming at work. Couldn't dare try that with the OG EVO... I'm slowly getting over the battery draining fears I had with my OG EVO. Oh, & I have LTE at work, and I haven't noticed any significant drain on the battery using that either.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

I actually get quite poor battery life. Trying to figure out why. This looks fairly normal for heavy usage, but look at my usage in the second screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How's your battery life now after 2 months?-uploadfromtaptalk1344632477191.jpg   How's your battery life now after 2 months?-uploadfromtaptalk1344632495969.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Va1ha11a View Post
    I actually get quite poor battery life. Trying to figure out why. This looks fairly normal for heavy usage, but look at my usage in the second screenshot.
    Looks like quite a bit of "awake" time when the screen is off. I would load "CPU Spy" and see if your device is ever going into Deep Sleep. My guess is something is running and syncing and not letting your phone truly go to sleep.

Also, are you using LTE? If not make sure your mobile network is set to CDMA Only.
    Thanked by:
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Lte is off, so i'll give CPU spy a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: deep sleep 70% of time.

Leaving LTE on has never seemed to effect my battery life. I still get 12 to 16 hrs with heavy use.

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by:
    delthor7 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Looks like quite a bit of "awake" time when the screen is off. I would load "CPU Spy" and see if your device is ever going into Deep Sleep. My guess is something is running and syncing and not letting your phone truly go to sleep.
    Has some of the signs of "Best WiFi Performance" mode (If so- TURN IT OFF) yet normally that would show lots of time under "Android OS".
    Thanked by:

Excellent. I get 12 to 14 hours

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Still getting GREAT battery life 2 1/2 months after the "unofficial" launch. 14-18 hours heavy usage, and still getting a day and a half in between charges for normal use.

Now I just want Jelly Bean then I will be a very happy camper. I still love this phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast