new evo owner

cgrimm9

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I came from the droid x from verizon. I am am comfortable in flashing roms and rooting the droid x knowing I have a fail safe in the sbf if I bricked my phone. I want root but also want to know I can unroot it back to stock if there is a problem. I updated to 1.22.651.3 cause I wanted google wallet to work. now knowing I can root but can not s-off the phone. I asking something here to help me understand this phone better and what I can do with it.

1. What is S-off why is it important. is it just to make flashing roms more stable is flashing roms possible without s-off
2. is the RUU file the same as the SBF file that droidx uses to bring back tohe phone to stock deleted recovery and root traces.
3. I don't care much about custom roms I just want to be able to theme and delete all the apps I don't want that cant remove without being root to do so. I think its called bloatware.
4.is the kernal unlocked motorola had there kernal locked and people are still trying to crack it

any info would be great to help me get started. links to what I need. is there a 1.22.651.3 ruu file I need to flash back to stock I found 1.22.651.1, and 1.22.651.2 but not 1.22.651.3

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I forget what RUU stands for but its basically an executable file that HTC makes for its phones. Started back in the windows mobile days. It was a way for users to be able to upgrade phones. Its still that way but most devices can update via OTA.
Instead of deleting the apps why not go into settings and apps and disable them? I have done this for a bunch of stuff im not using.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084