Otterbox defender defect

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok so my coworker has the evolte and the defender case. I just noticed the other day that his charging port cover was ripped off. Figured he was just too rough on it. Looked at mine today and it also appears to be separating for the case at its seam. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? I'm always careful with mine and don't abuse it. Also wondering how the customer service is with otterbox? Any feedback is appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have often read that customer service is excellent and that they have a lenient exchange policy.

I am using an Otterbox Defender for the first time on my GSIII, and am wondering how well my flaps will hold up.

I am hoping it lasts the time I have this device.

Sent from my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second. Took it to sprint where I bought it and they changed it on the spot. The sprint store, if you bought it there, will replace it no questions asked for up to a year from when you purchased it. Otterbox themselves are great with replacements as well.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
It is a known issue and it will tear off no matter how easy you are with it. :mad: Otterbox is supposedly sending me a new one but it has been over a week since they said they would email me when it shipped. :mad::confused:

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Hope they plan on giving a new one up every time it breaks cause that's a pretty important part. My ogevo defender never had a problem with that and I think its because the skin was a little more plyable. This one is more rigid but does fit better in the groove and look better.

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I too have the Otterbox Deffender case. I do a lot of listing to on-line radio (via Tune-in) and plus the car ap when in the car, so I frequently have the phone on the charger and can see the flap is going to eventually tear (been using this case since i got the phone on pre-order). Like others here have stated, Otterbox has a good reputaton plus Sprint store has stated they will exchange for a year (hope with each replacement it resets that one-year time line). Sad it is happening.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Had this issue and they sent me a new one in less than a week. The new one feels different... might just be that mine is used though.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My case is separated at the seam in 3 places and the screen protector is cracked. Called Otterbox CS Wednesday, took pictures of my case, got my invoice saying my new Defender has been shipped today:D

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
People should go with ballistics case's much better than the otter box

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my coworker has the evolte and the defender case. I just noticed the other day that his charging port cover was ripped off. Figured he was just too rough on it. Looked at mine today and it also appears to be separating for the case at its seam. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? I'm always careful with mine and don't abuse it. Also wondering how the customer service is with otterbox? Any feedback is appreciated.

mine isn't ripped off - but it's on it's way out.
i thin it's a design flaw as the standard htc usb cable pushes on the rubber a bit. i am really gentle with mine, but it is definitely about to rip off any day now.
i bought my case on july 7th so i've had it 1 month.
really annoying.

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually use my headphone a lot and its holding up pretty well. No sign of tearing yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85