Text message delays

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I work in a big hospital where most of my workday I don't have service on my EVO. I notice that text messages come in at strange times when I do enter a service area, frequently out of order and often very delayed. Sometimes after leaving for the night (I work evenings) a text will arrive to my phone at like 2 a.m. or later even though it had been sent to me many hours earlier. Does anyone else ever have this happen to them? It is quite annoying and I'm hoping there may be something I can do to fix the problem. I realize that it may be a Sprint issue and not necessarily an EVO problem.
Thanks!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're out of service for an extended period, I think it just takes a while for the SMS system to register that you're back in service.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I read about an app for this issue lemme see what I can find.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Go sms pro helps with disordered messages.

I don't think he's talking about display order, but that a text sent at say 7:00 he gets at 9:00, but a text sent at 6:00 he doesn't get until 11:00.

It's a network/service thing.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think he's talking about display order, but that a text sent at say 7:00 he gets at 9:00, but a text sent at 6:00 he doesn't get until 11:00.

It's a network/service thing.

He was also complaining about disordered messages... the other issue is of course network I was just trying to solve what I could.

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys. I do experience both problems, disordered and delayed messages. My previous phone was an old Verizon flip phone and when I would go into a service area at the hospital as soon as I got a bar of service my texts would come in immediately. My one complaint with this new phone and service provider is this problem so was just hoping to find some solution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc