Are any EVO owners worried about HTC's financial problems?

Bkmike23

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I've been thinking about upgrading to the EVO 4G LTE but HTC has been getting tons of negative press about their financial situation. I worried if I get this phone now HTC wont be able to support it in the upcoming years. What do you guys think? Is this anything to worry about?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys

I've been thinking about upgrading to the EVO 4G LTE but HTC has been getting tons of negative press about their financial situation. I worried if I get this phone now HTC wont be able to support it in the upcoming years. What do you guys think? Is this anything to worry about?

I'm not worried,, I don't plan on having it more than a year anyway. I would not worry if I were you. They have a proven track record so I think they will get their "bleep" together.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Reactions: Bkmike23

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not particularly worried per say. Like the previous poster, I don't plan on owning this phone for more than a year or two.

I'm actually more worried about what is going on with Samsung and Apple right now, how that affects Samsung Android products and what the trickle down affect is going to be for other manufacturers (even Google?).

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Agreed...the HTC situation shouldn't be an issue right now, so go ahead and upgrade if you're leaning that way. It's a great phone. You might need to revisit this question when you're eligible for your next upgrade in a couple of years, but only time will tell.

I'm not particularly worried per say. Like the previous poster, I don't plan on owning this phone for more than a year or two.

I'm actually more worried about what is going on with Samsung and Apple right now, how that affects Samsung Android products and what the trickle down affect is going to be for other manufacturers (even Google?).

Me too. I hope Apple gets their a$$ handed to them and burns all their cash in the process. It irritates me to no end that they think they can combat the loss of market share to a superior product/manufacturer by filling frivolous lawsuits to try and sink them, rather than tapping into that "groundbreaking innovation" they so often tout to try and develop a product that can truly compete. But I digress...

Sent from my EVO LTE

jmogha

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Like with everyone else, we're probably ok for now, but in 2 years may be a different story.

Hopefully, the entire marketplace will look drastically different in 2 years though. Maybe CDMA won't have so many handcuffs and we can get CDMA Nexus phones in a timely manner.

Reactions: Bkmike23

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm more worried about the lack of multitasking and a phone that *folds* in the middle like a pocket knife.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm more worried about the lack of multitasking and a phone that *folds* in the middle like a pocket knife.

Any phone will break if you apply the right pressure in the right place. If you treat your phone well it doesn't just randomly bend on it's own. If it happens by accident then that's what insurance is for.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Any phone will break if you apply the right pressure in the right place. If you treat your phone well it doesn't just randomly bend on it's own. If it happens by accident then that's what insurance is for.

I agree, how can the phone bend in half. Maybe if it is in your back pocket and you sit on it. I don't see how it's possible. If that's true I can't imagine how easy it is to break the s3. My kid has toy phones that feel more real then that thing.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC is going to be fine. They may be in a slump at the moment but they still make great phones, their problem is mainly marketing, and one that I can't imagine they won't make an effort to correct later this year or next. Support for the Evo LTE definitely won't be a problem.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Agreed...the HTC situation shouldn't be an issue right now, so go ahead and upgrade if you're leaning that way. It's a great phone. You might need to revisit this question when you're eligible for your next upgrade in a couple of years, but only time will tell.

Me too. I hope Apple gets their a$$ handed to them and burns all their cash in the process. It irritates me to no end that they think they can combat the loss of market share to a superior product/manufacturer by filling frivolous lawsuits to try and sink them, rather than tapping into that "groundbreaking innovation" they so often tout to try and develop a product that can truly compete. But I digress...

Sent from my EVO LTE

I wish they would blow all their money but earlier this year it was said that they have over $100 BILLION in cash. I really can't see them spending themselves into a money problem any time soon.

Reactions: PreMo15

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I wish they would blow all their money but earlier this year it was said that they have over $100 BILLION in cash. I really can't see them spending themselves into a money problem any time soon.

Ha! I hadn't seen that figure. Yeah, that would be tough to burn, even on legal fees. Maybe they should put that money to work on making the next iPhone more than just a slightly larger clone of the last one...

Sent from my EVO LTE

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys

I don't they would fall apart in 2 years. Make the jump off you want the phone.

The EVO lte is the second best phone available right after the galaxy s3 (which took a lot for me to say considering I never thought I'd own another Samsung phone) and even better than the one x.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Actually I am worried. The Evo 4G LTE is the best android phone I've owned. It'd suck if it is the last one of its kind. I hope HTC improves so it can release more of them.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree, how can the phone bend in half. Maybe if it is in your back pocket and you sit on it. I don't see how it's possible. If that's true I can't imagine how easy it is to break the s3. My kid has toy phones that feel more real then that thing.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

20120705_161150.jpg

20120705_161205.jpg

Kinda like that. It was in a cup holder and I leaned back onto it during a parade. Crunch.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Kind of surprised of HTC in a rut like this. I actually think they make great hardware. But for me to purchase one. It has to not have sense. Its a personal thing but I think it turns off a lot of consumers with their heavy skin and added bloat.

If HTC ran stock jellybean I would purchase it in a heartbeat. One thing HTC can compete with Samsung is aesthetics and nice looking hardware. Software and marketing is where they are losing at. I think Samsung creating the Nexus the past two years gave them an advantage on consumers mindshare.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Kinda like that. It was in a cup holder and I leaned back onto it during a parade. Crunch.

Well pretty much any phone would break like that, I know you will say no but ahh yes, any phone. Basically it is nearly the same as putting it against a curb and stepping on it. I'm guessing you weight is at least 150 pounds give or take. That's a lot of force on a phone in a cup holder. It's amazing that you think it should not have broke,

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Well pretty much any phone would break like that, I know you will say no but ahh yes, any phone. Basically it is nearly the same as putting it against a curb and stepping on it. I'm guessing you weight is at least 150 pounds give or take. That's a lot of force on a phone in a cup holder. It's amazing that you think it should not have broke,

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

I'm 130 pounds, and I never said it should not have broke. It's obvious that a phone would get crushed under such weight.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm 130 pounds, and I never said it should not have broke. It's obvious that a phone would get crushed under such weight.

Okay you guys want thinner phones.....which entails less material so now reduced tensile strength....both these companys samsung and htc try to make it as strong as possible while reducing lbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000