Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Deleting apps from app store history

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    And FB was pre-installed because when I go to Apps I can only disable it, not uninstall it. Thanks all. But Google should let us delete old apps directly from the PC
    I agree, but in this case Facebook was probably preinstalled by your carrier. Google doesn't preinstall Facebook (thank God).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I agree, but in this case Facebook was probably preinstalled by your carrier. Google doesn't preinstall Facebook (thank God).
    Probably. But it is still read-only. That is typically OK, as long as we are "allowed" to disable it. The problem is that some stuff the carriers put on our devices are marked as not allowed to disable, which is just pain wrong.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Probably. But it is still read-only. That is typically OK, as long as we are "allowed" to disable it. The problem is that some stuff the carriers put on our devices are marked as not allowed to disable, which is just pain wrong.
    I agree. They really put too much extra stuff on and unless you can root, we're just stuck with it.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Can a paid app, which is uninstalled, be deleted to?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    Can a paid app, which is uninstalled, be deleted to?
    Any app that you install yourself should be deletable. Not something you would normally want to do, however. Since you paid for it and might want to install it again some day. Of course, it might be ultra crap or something
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Any app that you install yourself should be deletable. Not something you would normally want to do, however. Since you paid for it and might want to install it again some day. Of course, it might be ultra crap or something
    The key words there are"should be". Has anyone tried this???

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I have a bunch of apps that I almost never use. But, when I need them, I REALLY need them. I'd like to delete them but keep a list with links back to the store so I can easly reinstall them. Anyone know of an app that can do that? I found an unsitaller that keeps a history, but I'd like to be able to save that to a file and possibly reload it. That way if I clear history or the data gets wiped, I would not loose that list. Thanks so much!

please reply immedately
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12