Stock Recovery and ROM (HTC EVO 4G LTE)

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. I have an interesting dilemma that I hope you can all assist me with. I have a Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE that was rooted. The phone began having hardware malfunctions and I need to take it back to the store. However, when I attempted to unroot and restore the stock ROM and Recovery (it currently has TeamWin), I was only able to achieve unrooting it. I need to get rid of the tampered logo on the bootloader and I also need to put the stock recovery (and ROM if possible) back on the phone so that I can take it into the store for repairs. I have seen several videos explaining how to do this but so far...nothing has worked. Does anyone have a surefire way of reverting the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE completely back to the way it was when you first get it out of the box? This has become somewhat of an emergency and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey all. I have an interesting dilemma that I hope you can all assist me with. I have a Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE that was rooted. The phone began having hardware malfunctions and I need to take it back to the store. However, when I attempted to unroot and restore the stock ROM and Recovery (it currently has TeamWin), I was only able to achieve unrooting it. I need to get rid of the tampered logo on the bootloader and I also need to put the stock recovery (and ROM if possible) back on the phone so that I can take it into the store for repairs. I have seen several videos explaining how to do this but so far...nothing has worked. Does anyone have a surefire way of reverting the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE completely back to the way it was when you first get it out of the box? This has become somewhat of an emergency and any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Was the method you tried using an RUU? Are you S-OFF or S-ON? Also, what software version were you on when you unlocked/rooted?

Sent from my EVO LTE

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Was the method you tried using an RUU? Are you S-OFF or S-ON? Also, what software version were you on when you unlocked/rooted?

Sent from my EVO LTE

Yes. I tired using an RUU and I believe I'm S-OFF right now. I can't tell you for sure cause I don't have the phone with me right now (I'm at work and left it at home...darn thing is useless right now lol). And I don't know the software version I was on...but I do know this....I was on the first version they made cuz I got the phone just a day or two after it came out.

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I have it restored back to stock. However...the bootloader says "RELOCKED." Does this mean they won't service my phone now?

I've heard several people say they don't even check, and if they do they don't really care...unless your issue is somehow related to rooting. Either way, if you're relocked now then you should be good.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance