Different wifi speeds than home

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys im having huge problems. I know of the many wifi problems but I havent heard to much of speed problems or that I recall. My phone is getting between 2-4 mbps while my computer ps3 xbox etc is in the mid teens 15-18 mbps. I ran speedtest,net and the app side by side my phone got 2 mbps while my laptop got 16. I havent looked to much into it because we just got a new internet company (which I hate with a passion) so I keep trying to find problems with them. So when I run the app on my phone its really really low and I get pissed wanting to cancel the internet service but then I test it on the laptop and its where it should be. These speeds this low have just started the last few days. Any ideas or a setting than out of the blue I should change? Would you say its the phone or router issue? I know its not that easy ha but Im going nuts

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I think it a phone issue unless it cause you have too many devices using the router could be another then. Sometimes you lose speed if too many devices are on at the same time.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When i had my EVO LTE i found out that using bluetooth killed WiFi Speeds..
Example.
WiFI only, 15-20 megs down at my apt.
Turn on BT, connected my blue ant stereo speakers and listen to some music, not streaming, from the memory card, ran speed test. DL speeds went down to 3-5 megs.
Now i could stop playing music and let BT go into stand by mode and my DL speeds went back up.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is your computer hard wired or using wireless? Sometimes your router could be the culprit for max download speeds over the air vs hard wired.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: FaisDogg

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Is your computer hard wired or using wireless? Sometimes your router could be the culprit for max download speeds over the air vs hard wired.

My laptop is wireless well obviously ha and also another laptop but i broke the screen so its hooked up to a monitor and connected via ethernet.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
When i had my EVO LTE i found out that using bluetooth killed WiFi Speeds..
Example.
WiFI only, 15-20 megs down at my apt.
Turn on BT, connected my blue ant stereo speakers and listen to some music, not streaming, from the memory card, ran speed test. DL speeds went down to 3-5 megs.
Now i could stop playing music and let BT go into stand by mode and my DL speeds went back up.

Yeah, that'll happen...bt and wifi use the same radio. Enabling Best WiFi Performance should help with that by increasing power to the radio.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36