Contacts are not showing up in stock messaging and phone dialer?

tober.travel

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had the EVO LTE for a couple weeks. Contact names and contact pictures that are in my phone are not showing up when I'm in the stock messaging and phone dialer apps. They are shown as "unknown" in the phone app and shown as just a phone # in the messaging app. My contacts and contact pictures have been synced from either gmail, facebook, entered directly into the new phone or a combination of any of the above. When I tap on the blank face avatar in the messaging app, it takes me to the correct contact in the phone complete with picture, so I'm not sure why it doesn't show their name and pic in the app.

It's very annoying to have to figure out who is sending me these texts and not being able to see who and when I've talked to somebody when going thru my call history. Any suggestions on a fix?

Last edited:

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Had an issue with facebook pictures not showing up in my contacts list and turns it that nothing was synced. Check that out other than that unsure.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tober.travel

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts are not showing up in stock messaging and phone dial

Thanks for the suggestion, but that's not it. My facebook contact pics are syncing with my phone contacts just fine. Same with gmail contacts. It's the names and pics of anyone in my phone are not getting pulled thru to the dialer and messaging apps. Not sure what I'm missing here. It's a pain in the A$$!

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You can try going into contacts, edit contact, then click on the picture, them Google and Facebook pics show up. Click on the one you want. This worked for me. Another try is using Facebook contact sync.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

secretmethod70

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Contacts are not showing up in stock messaging and phone dial

I've been having the same issue since I got my EVO LTE on launch day. Since then, I've replaced it 3 times (long story short: car charger fried the original and first replacement, and second replacement had many stuck pixels). The issue has persisted across each device, and I haven't been able to find a fix.

SWCSalesCoach

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same issue with my HTC One S and T-mobile claims that I am the only one with this issue. It is frustrating. Does HTC have a solution?

I've had the EVO LTE for a couple weeks. Contact names and contact pictures that are in my phone are not showing up when I'm in the stock messaging and phone dialer apps. They are shown as "unknown" in the phone app and shown as just a phone # in the messaging app. My contacts and contact pictures have been synced from either gmail, facebook, entered directly into the new phone or a combination of any of the above. When I tap on the blank face avatar in the messaging app, it takes me to the correct contact in the phone complete with picture, so I'm not sure why it doesn't show their name and pic in the app.

It's very annoying to have to figure out who is sending me these texts and not being able to see who and when I've talked to somebody when going thru my call history. Any suggestions on a fix?