Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: LTE Live in Baltimore

"I wonder what it's like to have a real cellphone carrier"
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Looks like it got turned off yesterday and still is off. They should have kept it fired up for the Holiday Weekend Dumb Move Sprint.

I guess no one has read my previous post......reading is FUNdamental!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Was in Baltimore all day yesterday and not once did I get a 4G LTE Signal.
    Basically drove from Pimlico to around Eastern Avenue by 695 and also around Morgan State
    Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hatren View Post
    I guess no one has read my previous post......reading is FUNdamental!

And that poor excuse of an article tells us nothing
    no offense to you

Im surprised..... Bmore is a Sprint test market and always sees action before everybody else..

Quote Originally Posted by dre22era View Post
    And that poor excuse of an article tells us nothing
    no offense to you
    Tells us exactly the answer people are looking for.....When is 4g going to be live in Baltimore. Considering the OP set the topic as Lte live in Baltimore.

Tells us exactly the answer people are looking for.....When is 4g going to be live in Baltimore. Considering the OP set the topic as Lte live in Baltimore.

I present to you Exhibit A:
    why would sprint jump the gun on their coverage map before the alleged Sept. 4th launch

What exactly do you mean? Why would Verizon and Sprint advertise they have 4g when in fact they didn't (Sprint) and have 4g even though it didn't work(Verizon). Cause that's what big companies do to increase revenue. They lie

And if you're referring to the 4g coverage, 4g is in select cities. Baltimore was a selected city back in the spring but had "issues with birds" so I got postponed in Baltimore. Still kind of unsure exactly what question you're try in to ask tho.

What exactly do you mean? Why would Verizon and Sprint advertise they have 4g when in fact they didn't (Sprint) and have 4g even though it didn't work(Verizon). Cause that's what big companies do to increase revenue. They lie

in a non political perfect English answer. I AM LOCATED IN THE ORANGE AREA OF THAT MAP AND I DONT HAVE 4G LTE. NEVER SAW IT IN MY LIFE!

They haven't turned it on yet, it not "live". How many ways can I put it....like the article said we should have 4g by Sept 4th. I don't have a clue of how to get you to understand this in any other way.

Last edited by Hatren; 08-27-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Global Posts
    1,486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

They haven't turned it on yet, it not "live". How many ways can I put it....like the article said we should have 4g by Sept 4th. I don't have a clue of how to get you to understand this in any other way.

Better off talking to a hyper puppy then getting the point to him that he just has to be patient.
    7cf26b0d
    Thanked by:
    Hatren 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

WhatEver yes the 4th might be the turn on day but that really has nothing to do when it's really turned on for many areas . It was suppose to be turned on late Aug well Sept is Sept not late Aug .

Oh and with the exception of those 2 days it was turned back Off I have had and now still do had great 4G LTE at my House including right now. So you post is just information where mine is real world happenings , both very informative but i'll take the RealWorld over media print any day.
    This is no different then Disney saying such and such a ride opens on a date only to have it open weeks ahead of time. That doesn't mean when I ride it I'm going to enjoy it any less . The reason for my Post is I had my phone on CDMA only and would just switch it every now and then and thought maybe others did as well and wanted to give them a heads up to turn on the LTE. Just pulled 29M Dw and 10M up not bad for not being live.

Quote Originally Posted by INP713 View Post
    WhatEver yes the 4th might be the turn on day but that really has nothing to do when it's really turned on for many areas . It was suppose to be turned on late Aug well Sept is Sept not late Aug .

Oh and with the exception of those 2 days it was turned back Off I have had and now still do had great 4G LTE at my House including right now. So you post is just information where mine is real world happenings , both very informative but i'll take the RealWorld over media print any day.
    This is no different then Disney saying such and such a ride opens on a date only to have it open weeks ahead of time. That doesn't mean when I ride it I'm going to enjoy it any less . The reason for my Post is I had my phone on CDMA only and would just switch it every now and then and thought maybe others did as well and wanted to give them a heads up to turn on the LTE. Just pulled 29M Dw and 10M up not bad for not being live.
    Show them screenshots?

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Show them screenshots?

1st ones not good enough but hey that's all good here is the one I just ran for you and then a history of some others I have been running on the 17t I turned off the LTE and also ran a WiFi so that gives all 3 in just a few minutes of each other.

Something isn't making sense.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

Something isn't making sense.

Normally when they say it will be on , that entire area will be on by the 4th , so between testing and firing up other locations some will have it well before the Turnon date. I'm just lucky to be in that area I guess . Just pulled a 36M dw and a 12M up lol

Even the Artical you posted said they were firing up those sites with the official date being the 4th but they still fired them up , it's not like they did a photo shoot and then turned them back off lol

I worked in Canton today without seeing 4g. My LTE is on. And for reference I would have been no more than a mile from Fells Point where that site is.

20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

I worked in Canton today without seeing 4g. My LTE is on. And for reference I would have been no more than a mile from Fells Point where that site is.

not sure what to tell ya, I do know it seems sometimes I have to turn on Airplane mode and then off for it to pick it up but that's when I'm on the fringe area from the looks of the map.

After viewing Sprint's updated map by address evidently the tower in my area hasn't been upgraded yet which is mind boggling considering the fact that I live in the prime area of Columbia MD across from the mall and outdoor concert venue & lakefront. But there is LTE coverage down the street in a rural area. Still makes no sense for my reception to be that poor in regards to getting 1x speeds. oh well smh

Quote Originally Posted by smith2sc View Post
    Very nice, I'm definitely waiting to see some of this around DC areas as well.
    Just had to chime in that my Red Bulls will defeat D.C. again today.

muahhahaha
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by dre22era View Post
    After viewing Sprint's updated map by address evidently the tower in my area hasn't been upgraded yet which is mind boggling considering the fact that I live in the prime area of Columbia MD across from the mall and outdoor concert venue & lakefront. But there is LTE coverage down the street in a rural area. Still makes no sense for my reception to be that poor in regards to getting 1x speeds. oh well smh
    That could be Columbia has such crazy restrictions on everything. I would think all the Cell Carriers have to walk on water to get anything done there.

Had solid 4G all night at Camden Yards. 14 Mbps down!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast