LTE Live in Baltimore

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Show them screenshots?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

1st ones not good enough but hey that's all good here is the one I just ran for you and then a history of some others I have been running on the 17t I turned off the LTE and also ran a WiFi so that gives all 3 in just a few minutes of each other.

2012-08-28_11-55-00.png

2012-08-28_11-55-06.png

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Something isn't making sense.

Normally when they say it will be on , that entire area will be on by the 4th , so between testing and firing up other locations some will have it well before the Turnon date. I'm just lucky to be in that area I guess . Just pulled a 36M dw and a 12M up lol

Even the Artical you posted said they were firing up those sites with the official date being the 4th but they still fired them up , it's not like they did a photo shoot and then turned them back off lol

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I worked in Canton today without seeing 4g. My LTE is on. And for reference I would have been no more than a mile from Fells Point where that site is.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I worked in Canton today without seeing 4g. My LTE is on. And for reference I would have been no more than a mile from Fells Point where that site is.

not sure what to tell ya, I do know it seems sometimes I have to turn on Airplane mode and then off for it to pick it up but that's when I'm on the fringe area from the looks of the map.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
After viewing Sprint's updated map by address evidently the tower in my area hasn't been upgraded yet which is mind boggling considering the fact that I live in the prime area of Columbia MD across from the mall and outdoor concert venue & lakefront. But there is LTE coverage down the street in a rural area. Still makes no sense for my reception to be that poor in regards to getting 1x speeds. oh well smh

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
After viewing Sprint's updated map by address evidently the tower in my area hasn't been upgraded yet which is mind boggling considering the fact that I live in the prime area of Columbia MD across from the mall and outdoor concert venue & lakefront. But there is LTE coverage down the street in a rural area. Still makes no sense for my reception to be that poor in regards to getting 1x speeds. oh well smh

That could be Columbia has such crazy restrictions on everything. I would think all the Cell Carriers have to walk on water to get anything done there.

EpicRavensFan

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
OK today is the 4th, if they were supposed to flip the switch today, where is my lte? I kind of knew this was going to be a botched launch. Any time they give specific dates it never happens.

Hatren

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
OK today is the 4th, if they were supposed to flip the switch today, where is my lte? I kind of knew this was going to be a botched launch. Any time they give specific dates it never happens.

It was turned in before the 4th actually but only in "select" areas such as Pikesville, Fells Point, Inner Harbor and 1 or 2 other areas.

I was at the Indy race downtown this weekend and had very nice 4g service but i get really terrible 3g service at my Eastern Baltimore county home.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
After updating a custom rom on my phone (STOCK WITH GOODIES 2.02
SENSE 4.1) I was finally able to get a LTE connection as the updated rom contains the radio update.
The fastest result I got:
201054_10100411416240742_449719572_o.jpg

2nd highest was around 18mb down
Average was around 7mb down

I still believe there is an issue with my radio as I had to keep switching it back & forth from CDMA to LTE in which it would start on LTE and then jump back to 3G. Or the signal is just weak where I was at. I was located off 175 & Rt 1 by Jessup.

I knew there was definitely an issue with my radio before i updated because I was at Arundel Mills Mall on Sunday and got no LTE connection at all when many others are said they definitely do get a connection in that area.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
That could be Columbia has such crazy restrictions on everything. I would think all the Cell Carriers have to walk on water to get anything done there.
Actually because of the Merriweather Post Pavilion outdoor concert venue Cell phone carriers are usually good about having everything updated out here. At "Wine in the Woods" this year the NBA playoffs was going on that day. I had the EVO 3D back then and was able to watch the game streamed on my phone with a strong WiMax 4G connection.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Interesting post i found on s4gru

The strength indicator does not show LTE signal strength, ever. Even when the icon says 4G. The signal strength shown is always for 1x. So you likely had a very weak LTE signal outside and then you went inside and the signal was too weak to penetrate where you were at. I just got back from LTE Performance testing in Waco and I can tell you that the Sprint LTE penetration characteristics are far better than WiMax.

To find out the LTE signal strength, you must go Settings>About Device>Status. Go down to Mobile Network Type and confirm it is LTE. If so, read the signal strength listed above. If it is a number greater than -115dBm on the EVO LTE (or -90dBm on the GS3, GNex, Viper), then you have a pretty weak LTE signal.

KHZJ97

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Got LTE in Hagerstown today. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Topped out at around 17 Mbps down and 8-9 up. I'm fairly certain Hagerstown isn't on the list to get LTE, so I was definitely surprised to see it. I'm guessing they're working on the towers around here.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Got LTE in Hagerstown today. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Topped out at around 17 Mbps down and 8-9 up. I'm fairly certain Hagerstown isn't on the list to get LTE, so I was definitely surprised to see it. I'm guessing they're working on the towers around here.

I think the I81 corridor from Harrisonburg, Va to Harrisburg, Pa is ShenTel territory which is a Sprint Partner and they are building out the LTE along that. Since that is the case, Sprint doesn't have any plans or knowledge of ShenTel's buildout.

KHZJ97

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX