Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: LTE Live in Baltimore

OK today is the 4th, if they were supposed to flip the switch today, where is my lte? I kind of knew this was going to be a botched launch. Any time they give specific dates it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicRavensFan View Post
    OK today is the 4th, if they were supposed to flip the switch today, where is my lte? I kind of knew this was going to be a botched launch. Any time they give specific dates it never happens.
    It was turned in before the 4th actually but only in "select" areas such as Pikesville, Fells Point, Inner Harbor and 1 or 2 other areas.

I was at the Indy race downtown this weekend and had very nice 4g service but i get really terrible 3g service at my Eastern Baltimore county home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

After updating a custom rom on my phone (STOCK WITH GOODIES 2.02
    SENSE 4.1) I was finally able to get a LTE connection as the updated rom contains the radio update.
    The fastest result I got:

2nd highest was around 18mb down
    Average was around 7mb down

I still believe there is an issue with my radio as I had to keep switching it back & forth from CDMA to LTE in which it would start on LTE and then jump back to 3G. Or the signal is just weak where I was at. I was located off 175 & Rt 1 by Jessup.

I knew there was definitely an issue with my radio before i updated because I was at Arundel Mills Mall on Sunday and got no LTE connection at all when many others are said they definitely do get a connection in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by INP713 View Post
    That could be Columbia has such crazy restrictions on everything. I would think all the Cell Carriers have to walk on water to get anything done there.
    Actually because of the Merriweather Post Pavilion outdoor concert venue Cell phone carriers are usually good about having everything updated out here. At "Wine in the Woods" this year the NBA playoffs was going on that day. I had the EVO 3D back then and was able to watch the game streamed on my phone with a strong WiMax 4G connection.

Interesting post i found on s4gru

The strength indicator does not show LTE signal strength, ever. Even when the icon says 4G. The signal strength shown is always for 1x. So you likely had a very weak LTE signal outside and then you went inside and the signal was too weak to penetrate where you were at. I just got back from LTE Performance testing in Waco and I can tell you that the Sprint LTE penetration characteristics are far better than WiMax.

To find out the LTE signal strength, you must go Settings>About Device>Status. Go down to Mobile Network Type and confirm it is LTE. If so, read the signal strength listed above. If it is a number greater than -115dBm on the EVO LTE (or -90dBm on the GS3, GNex, Viper), then you have a pretty weak LTE signal.

Got LTE in Hagerstown today. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Topped out at around 17 Mbps down and 8-9 up. I'm fairly certain Hagerstown isn't on the list to get LTE, so I was definitely surprised to see it. I'm guessing they're working on the towers around here.

Global Posts
    1,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Quote Originally Posted by KHZJ97 View Post
    Got LTE in Hagerstown today. Couldn't believe it when I saw it. Topped out at around 17 Mbps down and 8-9 up. I'm fairly certain Hagerstown isn't on the list to get LTE, so I was definitely surprised to see it. I'm guessing they're working on the towers around here.
    I think the I81 corridor from Harrisonburg, Va to Harrisburg, Pa is ShenTel territory which is a Sprint Partner and they are building out the LTE along that. Since that is the case, Sprint doesn't have any plans or knowledge of ShenTel's buildout.
    7cf26b0d

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    I think the I81 corridor from Harrisonburg, Va to Harrisburg, Pa is ShenTel territory which is a Sprint Partner and they are building out the LTE along that. Since that is the case, Sprint doesn't have any plans or knowledge of ShenTel's buildout.
    I did not know that. Thanks for the info!

Edit - here's some pics I posted over at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=68
    Last edited by KHZJ97; 09-13-2012 at 03:16 PM.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541#WP View Post
    Just had to chime in that my Red Bulls will defeat D.C. again today.

muahhahaha
    muahahaha didnt quite work out for you huh? : ) will be interesting to see who your new manager ends up being.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123