Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE Live in Baltimore

Looks like it went Live today

Earlier tonight, for the first time, I saw the "4G" icon light up on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3).

I was at York Road and Ashland (Paper Mill) Rd., a few hundred yards south of Hunt Valley Towne Center. The time was around 9:30PM. Unfortunately, I didn't think to run a "How fast is your connection" app, and take a screen shot. Frankly, as I was using the S3 to make a simple voice phone call, I can't even tell you how blindingly fast some webpage loaded. Sorry.

I'm back home now, and can report that I'm not seeing any 4G signal. Given that I had a rather strong signal barely 1.5 miles south of here, I'm thinking it may be that 4G was only turned on for a limited time, and not that I'm out of the cell tower's range.

Anyway, it's encouraging to have discovered signs of genuine, 4G LTE connectivity, given that the Baltimore area is supposed to go active within the next couple of weeks. Even more encouraging to have reason to believe that there will be a decent 4G LTE signal out in this part of the County, and not just in downtown Baltimore. Not that I have any problems getting by with 3G speeds, myself. But hey, I'll be happy to get 4G, even if I don't actually have all that much need for it. Better to have the speed and not need it, than to need it and not have it, right?
    --
    Michael
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LTE Live in Baltimore

I'm in North B-City right off 83 It's still holding on very well here. I should be out and about tomorrow so will be checking some other fringe areas

Maybe coming to DC soon?

Quote Originally Posted by TauntingBull View Post
    Maybe coming to DC soon?
    According to the list at http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/ , DC is still scheduled for September 2012. Which, in practice, probably means by the last day or two of September. So call it a month after Baltimore.

ROM
    midNIGHT ROM v.3.2

Sprint is really urking me. I'm in Arundel mills MD and have 4G and 13 MB/s but I live 3 miles from downtown and my work is 2 miles from downtown and no 4G!!! CMON SPRINT!!!!!
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Was in Baltimore yesterday helping my sister move in her dorm room at Morgan State Univ. I can definitely report that I didn't get a 4G LTE signal. Was back in Baltimore this morning for church that's located off Liberty Road. Still no 4G LTE.
    I live in Columbia Maryland that's covered in Baltimore's Market. As of now, no 4G LTE shrugs
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I was out on 40West just outside 695 and then up through from Towson -Huntvalley area and nothing as soon as I got back on 83 below Northern it picked back up and has been steady all day. I do a lot of driving for work so we will see where and how it is tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dre22era View Post
    Was in Baltimore yesterday helping my sister move in her dorm room at Morgan State Univ. I can definitely report that I didn't get a 4G LTE signal. Was back in Baltimore this morning for church that's located off Liberty Road. Still no 4G LTE.
    I live in Columbia Maryland that's covered in Baltimore's Market. As of now, no 4G LTE shrugs
    This might just be a stupid question but did u put your network to only cdma or is it on cdma/lte

ROM
    Stock on both for now.

I'm in Columbia, MD and got it twice. Speeds of 11 mbps. Spotty reception, but considering I'm NEAR B'more and not in it and also that the startup hasn't been announced yet in the press, I'm not complaining. It's only gonna get better. (Of course, with no 4G and really crappy 3G it couldn't get any worse either so I guess the bar is set pretty low.)
    johnshaft likes this.

ROM
    decks 1.3b/sav zen

I live near city high school havnt seen no 4g yet

ROM
    decks 1.3b/sav zen

Quote Originally Posted by josh3035 View Post
    I live near city high school havnt seen no 4g yet

So I was on the way home from work at the corner of MLK Blvd. & Howard St had 4g, did a U turn to do a speed test because I lost it a block further.

The f#@ked thing is that it was faster then the wifi @ my house.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Very nice, I'm definitely waiting to see some of this around DC areas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwicarlos741 View Post
    This might just be a stupid question but did u put your network to only cdma or is it on cdma/lte

Its currently on LTE/CDMA running a MikG stock ROM

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    I'm in Columbia, MD and got it twice. Speeds of 11 mbps. Spotty reception, but considering I'm NEAR B'more and not in it and also that the startup hasn't been announced yet in the press, I'm not complaining. It's only gonna get better. (Of course, with no 4G and really crappy 3G it couldn't get any worse either so I guess the bar is set pretty low.)
    Scratches head in confusion
    I am located in Columbia right across from the Mall and Merriweather and I have yet to get a 4G signal. I am outside often in my community walking the dog and I actually been getting a 1x status. My speeds have always been dirt slow in that area taking forever to even bring up a webpage.

I hope the connectivity improves. Definitely not a happy customer (Been with Sprint 10 years) right now and definitely don;t have much patience to wait for the network to be complete by the end of 2013 smh.
    So far it seems like the 4g connectivity "range" is no different than my wifi router at home.

I was in Edgewood MD today for work and had 4g. I'm sure they are testing sites around town and its not "live" yet. Patience, I'm sure it will be rolling out very soon and much sooner then the end of the year. Had great speeds btw, when I get home ill post the Speedtest SS.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LTE  Live in Baltimore-uploadfromtaptalk1345669743386.jpg  

Outside today. exact location
    instead of LTE i got..............
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Well don't get me wrong I'm loving the 4G here in the Hood and it's been on solid from 1st time I have noticed it. But it does seem very localized when driving around town during the day . They really need to fire it up in a wider area.

Quote Originally Posted by dre22era View Post
    Outside today. exact location
    instead of LTE i got..............
    Lol

I noticed it too. It was good while it lasted!

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM and Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by gpdaddy95 View Post
    Yep. I got about the same results early Monday afternoon while at work, but it didn't last for long. I figured that they were some preliminary testing being done. Can't wait.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Was in downtown Baltimore all night last night and not a hint of LTE.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE on a now non-LTE Network!

Hopefully this clears enough speculation up.

I was in Arundel Mills mall today and picked up a 4g signal. I got 9 down and 6 up. I haven't seen a signal since I left the mall.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast