Quick Q; how do you take picture of the screen?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Either power button and home or power and volume down. Same thing, they just save to different locations. (All to the gallery though)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

evang07

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
For some reason the power button + volume down does not take a screen shot, but power button + home does allow a screen shot to be taken.

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
For some reason the power button + volume down does not take a screen shot, but power button + home does allow a screen shot to be taken.

Power button + volume down does work it is just tricky. You have to press them at the same time or it won't work. Takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty easy. This way also saves the screen captures in a separate folder called screenshots so they are easier to find later.

Ice

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: evang07

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
take note to do the power button + vol down you have to hold it for 2 seconds, but the power + home is instant, i do perfer the power + vol down, looks cooler and shows up in the notification bar for quick viewing, and also what icenija said about being in a different folder

Last edited:
Reactions: evang07

Himmu39

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
it sTill not working,even i'm doing it so good.
in fact when i do that (power + home),it locks the screen and if i do it for long then Power Options usually opens.

- - - Updated - - -

it sTill not working,even i'm doing it so good.
in fact when i do that (power + home),it locks the screen and if i do it for long then Power Options usually opens.

Himmu39

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
it sTill not working,even i'm doing it so good.in fact when i do that (power + home),it locks the screen and if i do it for long then Power Options usually opens.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Then do power+volume down. It works also. You have to do both at the same time or else it'll lock the phone or decrease ring volume

Juicy12

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was following what everybody else said but it also wasn't working for me. I found the last comment rude so I went to another website and got the correct answer; press the power button down and hold. Right after, press the home button while you are still holding down the power button. Good Luck!

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I tried it both ways and it didn't work. My android is a 2.3.6 verison.

Its kinda of tricky both ways. For the power/home combo, hold down the power button then press the home button. For the power/vol down combo, press them at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy