Can't send or receive text messages.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Noticed I haven't gotten any text messages in like 5 days. Tried to send one today and it failed. Tried to send one to me from my wife's phone and it never arrived. When I try to send it says unable to send after multiple attempts. Called Sprint, they had me reset my profile, they ran some sort of reset on their side, had me do a bunch of ## codes and reset everything, but its still coming up saying it can't send. They told me to bring my phone to my local Sprint store which I don't want to do because obviously its rooted, has a custom recovery installed, etc. (MeanRom 3.1) I've restore Nandroid backups from when it was working and its still broke.

If I go into *2 it brings up Sprint's troubleshooting program where it brings up a big red X for voice.. although voice works fine (And so does 3g). I'm kind of at a loss here. Trying to avoid having to bring it to Sprint and losing root, etc.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
could be a rom or hardware issue. i would make a backup and unroot so we isolate the problem i know its annoying but its the only real way to tell

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
On the phone with Sprint again seeing if they can find anything. I just don't want to lose s-off and root. I'm paranoid even if I flash everything back to stock and it doesn't work and bring it in they are going to either flash it to the new firmware and I will lose root. Not going to be happy with that.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with Sprint again seeing if they can find anything. I just don't want to lose s-off and root. I'm paranoid even if I flash everything back to stock and it doesn't work and bring it in they are going to either flash it to the new firmware and I will lose root. Not going to be happy with that.

U always can re root and re load your backup

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Won't they notice the custom recovery and s-off though? I do have a backup from when I originally rooted (Back before the new firmware update) I could try flashing. Its the original sprint software but after I rooted and did Lazy Pandy but before installing any custom roms.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Won't they notice the custom recovery and s-off though? I do have a backup from when I originally rooted (Back before the new firmware update) I could try flashing. Its the original sprint software but after I rooted and did Lazy Pandy but before installing any custom roms.

U would need to flash the stock ruu and then relock

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Spoke with the next level of Sprint tech support and they ran me through all the same basic stuff. No change.. still can't text. I re-flashed the original sprint 1.13.651 software that I made a nandroid of immediately after getting s-off and rooting.. still no change.

I also reflashed the latest radios.. no change as well.

So I am thinking my next option is to run the 1.13.651 RUU and get back to original non-rooted rom and try that? If I run the RUU does that nuke everything including my recovery rom? Basically leaving me unrooted and stock but still with s-off?

Then assuming that would fix it I would have to re-root, and reinstall the recovery?

If it DIDN'T fix it I would have to relock, then go to Sprint I am thinking and possibly swap the phone?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with the next level of Sprint tech support and they ran me through all the same basic stuff. No change.. still can't text. I re-flashed the original sprint 1.13.651 software that I made a nandroid of immediately after getting s-off and rooting.. still no change.

I also reflashed the latest radios.. no change as well.

So I am thinking my next option is to run the 1.13.651 RUU and get back to original non-rooted rom and try that? If I run the RUU does that nuke everything including my recovery rom? Basically leaving me unrooted and stock but still with s-off?

Then assuming that would fix it I would have to re-root, and reinstall the recovery?

If it DIDN'T fix it I would have to relock, then go to Sprint I am thinking and possibly swap the phone?

Yep

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ran the RUU, back to stock unrooted, s-on.. Still can't text.. :( Guess a trip to the Sprint Store tomorrow is in order.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Ugh.. looks like my fears about Sprint replacing my phone with an updated one were well founded. :( I was having issues texting and after resetting it a million times, unrooting, running the RUU, and having Sprint look at it at the store, they replaced by phone. Looks like they either updated it or it came updated and it has the 1.22.651 software on it and the 1.15 HBOOT. Does this mean I am screwed? I realize I can still root but can I get s-off by any other method other than HTC?

If I go the HTC unlock method does this screw my warranty through Sprint?

Grrrrr. :\

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Dam. Looks like I am having the same problem ever since this morning. And mine isn't even rooted! And I just put a new skin on it last night too! So your getting a replacement? Keep us updated.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
looks like im having the same problem too and im not rooted. ive tried sending a text through handcent and stock messaging app and both failed. what did the guy or girl in sprint tell you?

oespinoza83

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problems and they started this morning. Texts (incoming and outgoing) were working fine last night. Then this morning, I can't send any or receive them. Tried updating PRL, profile, etc. and nothing fixes the issue.

Located in Houston. Some others on another board have mumbled about the LTE network being worked on and causing the problem, so I am not sure what to believe or think at this point. Hopefully it is just a network issue.

***Update***
Nevermind, working now lol. I just got flooded with about 15 texts all at once.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Sprint Store replaced my phone. I knew it wasn't the network because my wife's phone (Same phone) worked fine. Not sure what the deal was but their techs ran through resetting it as well and no change. Honestly I was skeptical that replacing the phone would even work, it didn't make sense that 3G and voice would work but not texts. I thought for sure it was some type of provisioning issue.

Anyways, new phone with new software and bootloader had to use HTC unlock with RegawMod but was able to re-root and get an unlocked bootloader (Not S-off though). Works for me.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. Sprint determined it was a bad phone. I'm getting a replacement. This will be my 4th! Each one has had it's own issues, never the same. My wife is on her 2nd, it just crashed.

pennypie

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys -
My issue is similar, except that there is only ONE number that I cannot receive or send texts to. Everyone else is fine, just the one person. I've deleted and reinstalled their contact info, but made no difference.

This is a rooted Conquer 4G & I have service with Revol. Have had it a couple months, purchased used in excellent condition. Other than texts to my BFF, it works great! Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech