1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Flooded with private calls.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

The last two days I've been flooded with private calls back to back for about 10 times in a roll. I called sprint and they said my phone was probably in a software loop or something so they had me do a hard reset(erases all data and restores to factory settings without touching the sd card), I think that's what it was. Anyway the next day at 1:45 am I got another flooding of private calls back to back. Can anyone help me?

Default Re: Flooded with private calls.

You could try Call Control Call Blocker in the market. I've never personally used it, but looks like it is something that will block private calls.

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm going out on a limb here but on my old thunderbolt in the phone app if you hit a menu button htc actually has a blocked caller list built in.

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button

ROM
    Stock.... for now

Quote Originally Posted by unitedflow View Post
    The last two days I've been flooded with private calls back to back for about 10 times in a roll. I called sprint and they said my phone was probably in a software loop or something so they had me do a hard reset(erases all data and restores to factory settings without touching the sd card), I think that's what it was. Anyway the next day at 1:45 am I got another flooding of private calls back to back. Can anyone help me?

It could also be a friend messing with you or anyone for that matter. If someone types "*67" before they input a phone number, the call will show as private.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by yodatom10 View Post
    I'm going out on a limb here but on my old thunderbolt in the phone app if you hit a menu button htc actually has a blocked caller list built in.

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    I tried that but in order to block a number it has to be from your people's list or a specific number, but sense It's a private number I don't see the number and private number can't be in the call list.

Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Default Re: Flooded with private calls.

Yeah, I hesitated to post a new thread because I though it very well could be prank calls as Sdude suggested, but I too have been receiving at least a dozen restricted calls (Actually stopped typing this when my phone rang, guess who it was).