Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    I've seen a lot less of people with connection issues than those without, so I'd go with you guys being the unlucky ones rather than us being unlucky.

Anyway, your issue sounds like either a network issue or just a bad phone, rather than a design or software flaw across all devices.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I could of sworn I said you are one of the lucky few? Any ways as I stated before I don't know what the issue is, I just want them to get it together!!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I haven't had any connectivity issues here. I wouldn't think a sprint rep would ever try to encourage someone to not buy a flagship phone but who knows.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    HTC doesn't even support that device any longer in the states once they saw how poor the initial sales were. Reps hate to process returns, which affects their commission and is a time waster anyway, so it's beneficial to them to encourage customers to purchase devices with low return rates.

My phone is superb! I am San Diego. Connection is great. I usually switch to wifi at home but even when I don't, it excellent.

No problems here

Sent from my Evo LTE using 3g...because Sprint needs to get their collective asses in gear
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues?-uploadfromtaptalk1345686291889.jpg  

I was one of those on the first order. I was soo stoked to get this coming from my trusty OG Evo. What a disappointment it was. From day one I had connectivity issues. The signal bar did more flips than a Russian gymnast. I held out and waited to see if Sprint/HTC would admit there was an issue and get a fix out for it. In the 2 weeks I had it not a peep from either of them. On my last day I sent it packing and jumped into that Tmo 30.00 plan with an unlocked Gnex. Gnex with JB now makes this a great phone. But I still want my LTE back if it was fixed.
    Luvzmobile

I'm Just north of Philly with no connection issues or dropped calls so far. There are 2 Evo's in my family.
    HTC One
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Evo LTE
    Nexus 10

No problems in Loganville, Georgia. 4G LTE is fabulous!
    Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues?-uploadfromtaptalk1345727831304.jpg

HTC EVO 4G LTE
    sasha likes this.

Terrible connection issues for me in Richmond, VA. One minute I have 3G, the next minute I don't. LTE isn't available yet, so I have it set to CDMA only. I love this phone, but the connection issues drive me bat $hit crazy.

It definitely has issues with how it searches for and maintains an LTE connection. Most believe that its "threshold" for dropping from LTE to EVDO is too high. This seems to be the case, as when i use Elixir2 to change to "LTE,CDMA" mode, I can hold onto a 4G connection, but in its default "auto" mode, it will often drop back to 3G if it's not an extremely strong connection. They need to change it so that it will stick with even a weak 4G signal. I'd take 1 bar of LTE over 4 bars of 3G.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

I'm always on multiple forums, and this is not a major issue like some would make it. There are very few with actual phone signal problems. They are most definitely the unlucky few, not the other way around

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    luvsmobile and ffejjj like this.

It's definitely the PHONE in this case. With my EVO Shift, I was able to ALWAYS be connected to Sprint, and even when they were working on towers in my area, I never once dropped any signal. Only time I dropped a call on my shift was when I was in a basement or a random dead zone. Where I work, I was able to get full bars with 3G and it was fast enough to watch YouTube videos in HD with very little buffering. With this 4G LTE bull, my 3G symbol disappears often AND it's slow as . I've went to the store multiple times and have called sprint headquarters multiple times. It is indeed the phone and not the network (at least for some people, me included). Absolutely disappointed that HTC would up something as simple as the damn antennae for their phones. Now I have to buy a whole new phone out of pocket because HTC ed up.

It's not the phone its the network bc were I am my phone works fine I have no problems

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Agreeded,, if your having 3g issues its the network. They are working on it everyday. I had your issue for 2 weeks straight. I could not stream anything. 2 weeks later everything was fine, work was done in my area, and coincidentally a month later I had lte.

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.
    d0g

I think 2 things are important to keep in mind:

1. Only people that have 2 phones to compare side-by-side (Evo vs SG3, or Evo vs iPhone 5) can really say whether the Evo suffers in comparison. Lots of people with Evos "think" everything is OK, but then when they see a friend's/wife's/etc SG3, suddenly realize their connection isn't nearly as good.

2. People "without issues" tend to stay quiet; they don't go to forums and start a thread called "My Evo works fine on LTE!" So it's hard to gauge what percentage of Evos actually have this problem.

Lots of useful info on this subject here: -- where many people say, "I was getting LTE, but then I saw my coworker's SG3, and he gets LTE in more places, finds it faster, drops connection less ... "

I'd be interested to hear from people that have tested with TWO LTE devices...

Network growing pains! As they say "no pain, no gain"

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

I've had really bad connection issues here in San Antonio lately. For the past week or so, I've also noticed more 4G in my immediate area (Sea World area). I've had it go from no connection, to 3G to 4G randomly while I've just been sitting on my bed or driving around here. So I'm assuming its the towers around here they're updating. I'm also pleasantly surprised to see more 4G around town also.

Quote Originally Posted by d0g View Post
    I think 2 things are important to keep in mind:

1. Only people that have 2 phones to compare side-by-side (Evo vs SG3, or Evo vs iPhone 5) can really say whether the Evo suffers in comparison. Lots of people with Evos "think" everything is OK, but then when they see a friend's/wife's/etc SG3, suddenly realize their connection isn't nearly as good.

2. People "without issues" tend to stay quiet; they don't go to forums and start a thread called "My Evo works fine on LTE!" So it's hard to gauge what percentage of Evos actually have this problem.

Lots of useful info on this subject here: -- where many people say, "I was getting LTE, but then I saw my coworker's SG3, and he gets LTE in more places, finds it faster, drops connection less ... "

I'd be interested to hear from people that have tested with TWO LTE devices...
    This is absolutely an issue. My wife has an S3 and it definitely is better at both switching to 4g when entering a 4g area and holding onto the signal.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by:

My EVO works flawlessly! Maybe you just got a bad one!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    My EVO works flawlessly! Maybe you just got a bad one!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    You've compared it with another LTE phone and they perform identically?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Some people who have a EVO thats works great may be very scared to say it. I know I got bashed very badly,, called "blind and just defending a broken phone" and I also seen some others bashed also for saying the same thing. Side by side with my wife's galaxy nexus my evo connects to lte much better. I had to toggle airplane mode many times on her phone to connect to lte where as mine just connected automatically. I know there is an issue with the evo holding on to weaker lte signal,, I'm not denying that but other than that it's not a problem.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Thanked by 2:

I haven't visited this thread for a while but from what I can see from the last few pages it's the same argument we've been seeing for almost every issue since the evolte's release. Just because you have a problem with your expirience and usage of your phone doesn't mean everyone does or even that it's a problem on each Evo.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    zmann and stevemoffler like this.

i have 2 evo lte's and 1 GS3. The 2 evo's act the same. In ft worth, they are able to occasionally connect to 4g network but only for a few minutes (if that) before falling back go 3g. In austin, they have never connected to 4g. in ft worth, the GS3 mostly stayed connected to 4g but on rare occasion dropped to 3g. In austin, the GS3 connects to 4g in certain areas but not others. all on the sprint network and in most cases, the phones are within a few feet of each other.
    Thanked by:

I was across the street from a lte tower today & phone would not connect to 4g.
    After about 15 minutes I decided to toggle airplane mode & got 4g instantly, so I think there is a problem with the phone
    Thanked by:

Sorry double post

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.1

Hopefully the next OTA will resolve many of these LTE connection issues.
    "Yup, There's an .apk for that"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast