Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues?

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think 2 things are important to keep in mind:

1. Only people that have 2 phones to compare side-by-side (Evo vs SG3, or Evo vs iPhone 5) can really say whether the Evo suffers in comparison. Lots of people with Evos "think" everything is OK, but then when they see a friend's/wife's/etc SG3, suddenly realize their connection isn't nearly as good.

2. People "without issues" tend to stay quiet; they don't go to forums and start a thread called "My Evo works fine on LTE!" So it's hard to gauge what percentage of Evos actually have this problem.

Lots of useful info on this subject here: EVO LTE 4G connection issues - contact Sprint? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates -- where many people say, "I was getting LTE, but then I saw my coworker's SG3, and he gets LTE in more places, finds it faster, drops connection less ... "

I'd be interested to hear from people that have tested with TWO LTE devices...

This is absolutely an issue. My wife has an S3 and it definitely is better at both switching to 4g when entering a 4g area and holding onto the signal.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Some people who have a EVO thats works great may be very scared to say it. I know I got bashed very badly,, called "blind and just defending a broken phone" and I also seen some others bashed also for saying the same thing. Side by side with my wife's galaxy nexus my evo connects to lte much better. I had to toggle airplane mode many times on her phone to connect to lte where as mine just connected automatically. I know there is an issue with the evo holding on to weaker lte signal,, I'm not denying that but other than that it's not a problem.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I haven't visited this thread for a while but from what I can see from the last few pages it's the same argument we've been seeing for almost every issue since the evolte's release. Just because you have a problem with your expirience and usage of your phone doesn't mean everyone does or even that it's a problem on each Evo.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

mikeinaustin

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
i have 2 evo lte's and 1 GS3. The 2 evo's act the same. In ft worth, they are able to occasionally connect to 4g network but only for a few minutes (if that) before falling back go 3g. In austin, they have never connected to 4g. in ft worth, the GS3 mostly stayed connected to 4g but on rare occasion dropped to 3g. In austin, the GS3 connects to 4g in certain areas but not others. all on the sprint network and in most cases, the phones are within a few feet of each other.

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was across the street from a lte tower today & phone would not connect to 4g.
After about 15 minutes I decided to toggle airplane mode & got 4g instantly, so I think there is a problem with the phone

riley31

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update soon to fix EVO 4g LTE connection issues? - Heres a resolution to this issue

My son went to settings to set the feature label "Airplane mode" to OFF. This setting reconnected the mobile network. Hopes it works for you:)

bloodsaw405

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Phone is not a good phone. I have another phone that never looses service. Same carrier. Both on the same time. Only 1 consistently looses service. The HTC EVO 4G

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone is not a good phone. I have another phone that never looses service. Same carrier. Both on the same time. Only 1 consistently looses service. The HTC EVO 4G

To say a blanket statement as fact.. That it's not a good phone is not accurate. Where as your experience may be a bad one not all people experience it. I personally love my EVO LTE and yes a few bugs here and there.. Nothing that uses software and is electronic is going to be perfect.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Also depends on your usage of the phone. For me this is a GREAT phone. I've had it since launch and have no major deal breaking issues. That said I very rarely use it as a phone, though when I do I've had less issues making calls than other people I know on different carriers(Iphone, One X, GS3).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18