Google Voice Sprint Intergration

cathyth3

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some older threads about this but I have a EVO 4G LTE and wanted to be able to do the following;
When I'm in a low signal area and can join a WiFi network. I want to be able to receive and make calls, no texting in or out. I can still do that.
I'm thinking that I can intergrate my GV & Sprint # and just turn on the GV app & Groove IP app to be able to receive and make calls. Can someone verify that, please?
I just want to be able to use GV for when I'm in a low signal area but able to join a WiFi connection to make & receive calls.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen some older threads about this but I have a EVO 4G LTE and wanted to be able to do the following;
When I'm in a low signal area and can join a WiFi network. I want to be able to receive and make calls, no texting in or out. I can still do that.
I'm thinking that I can intergrate my GV & Sprint # and just turn on the GV app & Groove IP app to be able to receive and make calls. Can someone verify that, please?
I just want to be able to use GV for when I'm in a low signal area but able to join a WiFi connection to make & receive calls.

You can do that through the Google Voice app. I have never made a call, but I have definitely sent messages over wifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice, the voice part of it, still uses sprints 1xrtt voice network.
If you send or receive text messages, this goes thru the data network, aka 3G CDMA or WiFi.
So if your in a low signal spot and connect to WiFi texts go thru WiFi but voice still goes thru the normal network.
You would need to do a VOIP to take advantage of WiFI.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I hated the integration aspect when I first got my EVO LTE. Luckily I found the workaround to keep it the way it was on my Shift and was able to maintain the ability to pick per call

cathyth3

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Groove IP Lite on my LTE along with GV.
I tried the intergration with my sprint # and didn't like how it acted with text messages. I found a work around, not sure it really worked thou. lol
Some people don't know my GV # and I was thinking about intergrating but I only want to use GV intergration for when I'm in those low signal areas but I can receive WiFi connection.
So I guessing I can do this;
Intergrate GV & Sprint. When I'm in those trouble areas and I want to make or receive calls just turn on Groove IP & GV, correct?

I know I'm sounding redundit, just want to be clear that I get it right.

Thanks everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance