HTC "Free" Case that came to pre ordered EVO LTEs

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was just curious as to the feel and quality of that case. I know many people absolutely HATED the blue color of it, but how is the quality and feel protection wise? Reason I am asking is because they have them in black and grey now at the HTC Official Store, and I like how the black one looks with HTC in red. HTC EVO 4G LTE Silicone, Harbor - Black

Thoughts or comments?

cbt007

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I did not like it at all. The material picks up and does not like to let go of lint and dirt.

I also noticed popping through my headphones from static build up. I do not recommend this case.

Find a nice looking TPU case. I use the Diztronic matte black case for mine.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife uses it, but doesn't really like it either. Too easy to hit the power and volume switches accidentally.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you both for the fast responses. I have the Otterbox Defender case and the Ditztronic TPU in black as well. I love the Otterbox when I am going outdoors or to the gym, but the Ditztronic needs a little more grip for my liking. It is kind of slippery. That is great when taking in and out of pocket, but I would like a little more grip. Is the Cruzerlite any more grippy?

cbt007

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I also use the Diztronic in the transparent smoke color, that has more grip than the matte black version. Depends if you like the glossy look. Also tends to show oils from your fingers, it would look worse if diz made glossy black.

I don't own any cruzerlite cases, so I can't comment on those. I'm not sure if I like androids all over the back, I prefer a more solid look.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought the cover from sprint when I bought my phone just to have something to protect it until I could find something I liked online. Bought a Seidio case which is better looking and has more protection However doesn't have near the grip of the case you are asking about. I switch back and forth but prefer the stickiness of the blue cover. Haven't come close to dropping the phone yet.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for the fast responses. I have the Otterbox Defender case and the Ditztronic TPU in black as well. I love the Otterbox when I am going outdoors or to the gym, but the Ditztronic needs a little more grip for my liking. It is kind of slippery. That is great when taking in and out of pocket, but I would like a little more grip. Is the Cruzerlite any more grippy?

Cruzerlite is more grippy. You might also consider the s-line cases from eBay for $2.79 and free shipping. They are grippy, thin, and not covered in androids.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the "free" one as well as 3 Cruzerlites. The free one wasnt too good...a lot of slippage and it was rather flimsy compared to the TPU Cruzerlites. The Black CL is a lil flimsy right around the volume up/down key but the other 2 I have dont really have the same issue. I just looked at the HTC site and see they have a TPU case for the exact same $$ which looks interesting

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The HTC TPU cases look cool, but I'd need to see it in person before I drop 25 on it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol