Video mode is always zoomed in. Can't unzoom

mharp1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the Evo LTE Video resolution set to 640x480. When I tap the video record button, it zooms in about half way (50%) while shooting the video. My onscreen zoom slider is all the way zoomed out. Is this normal?. I can't find any setting to zoom out to the same wide angle as photos. I'd like to capture in 640x480 mode to save space, but not zoom in. Is that possible?

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Try recording in a different resolution. I find FULL HD to be the best option for me with the least amount of pre-zoom...why would you want to record in anything other than HD?

mharp1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
why would you want to record in anything other than HD?
To save space on the phone, PC, and backups, is why when I don't need a high-quality video. Full HD takes a lot of disk space. Thanks for your reply, it confirms it's not just my Evo. On other digital cameras I have, I can shoot at lower resolution without any forced pre-zoom, and instead, just lower detail capture. I prefer the lower detail versus pre-zoom, but I guess you can't have everything on a phone. :)

everlast316

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought I was just imagining it, but now that you say it, mine does this too! It seems zoomed in more than it should be. When I try to video my son, i have to back up because I think his full body should be in the frame but when i turn on the video recorder, it's just his head....

I had the setting on HD, but when I change it to full HD, it stays the same. Would love to find a fix for this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome