I've seen two pics of people that had LTE in my view and san Jose not too long ago, I was wondering has anyone else seen a 4g connection in any cities in the bay area? Even if it is just in test phase. I know as they finish the towers they supposedly turn them on and a good percentage says it has been completed in this market. Lemme.know. thanks

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 10:25 PM
    I'm going there on Friday, I will test it out if I find anything, I'm desperately waiting for LTE in Sacramento area..

08-23-2012 10:54 AM
    I've been to most of the citties all around but my view and san Jose which are the only comfirmed sites ove seen that have had a past connection. But yeah let me know. Hopefully it comes soon

08-23-2012 11:00 AM
    I live in the Bay Area, and travel from SJ to SF often. Seen no such LTE coverage at all, so maybe it might just be in a few niche areas around, as it is a very large area to cover. Can't wait until they turn them on here!
    08-23-2012 04:08 PM
    I've been to most of the citties all around but my view and san Jose which are the only comfirmed sites ove seen that have had a past connection. But yeah let me know. Hopefully it comes soon

I think SFO is a bigger market than SJ, I expect that to see LTE first just like WiMAX

08-23-2012 04:30 PM
    So I just googledlte in sf and apparently there's been multipule reports throughout this month that LTE is active in some parts. Specifically san francsico city nor only sj and mt view. I'll be there this weekend. It be nice to see my 4g light up

08-23-2012 08:51 PM
    Im all over the bay and havent' seen it yet, but I do see a lot of the EPHD (or whatever it is called) and my speeds are really pretty good. 2.2MB down, 1MB up most times. I was just in FLL last week for work and used my phone for internet, it was also 2.1MB down, which was good for doing a webex and using VOIP phones for long calls.
    09-01-2012 10:10 AM
    So I just googledlte in sf and apparently there's been multipule reports throughout this month that LTE is active in some parts. Specifically san francsico city nor only sj and mt view. I'll be there this weekend. It be nice to see my 4g light up

LOL! Your first two posts confused me a bit because you kept saying "my view". I was like "Why does he keep talking about his views?"

Anyways, I drive from San Jose to Mountain View everyday and I haven't seen my phone connect to LTE yet.
    TonyLibations likes this.
    09-01-2012 01:40 PM
    LOL! Your first two posts confused me a bit because you kept saying "my view". I was like "Why does he keep talking about his views?"

Anyways, I drive from San Jose to Mountain View everyday and I haven't seen my phone connect to LTE yet.
    Lol I didn't even relize that. Phones auto correct must have kept changing it.

09-01-2012 04:22 PM
    I cannot wait for San Jose to get LTE, well... more stable LTE other then testing. I've talked with a Sprint store manager in Milpitas branch and he "assumes" (His sources say Ipad is coming to Sprint with LTE connectivity so that lead me to believe his sources are reliable) San Jose LTE should be up and running by November.
    09-02-2012 10:17 AM
    I live in the East Bay, and like WiMax, i'll probably still never see LTE... Unless I go about two blocks away from my office, or go to Lodi (where amazingly, they had 4G, while we didn't even have it in our area)..
    09-03-2012 10:46 PM
    I live in the East Bay, and like WiMax, i'll probably still never see LTE... Unless I go about two blocks away from my office, or go to Lodi (where amazingly, they had 4G, while we didn't even have it in our area)..
    If you have a signal on your Sprint phone you will see LTE as they are converting all tower sites.

09-06-2012 03:14 PM
    October is only a month away. I'm starting to get excited as the official sf rollout begins. 4g truly is a luxury and its been so long since I've had it now.

09-07-2012 12:42 AM
    October is only a month away. I'm starting to get excited as the official sf rollout begins. 4g truly is a luxury and its been so long since I've had it now.

I know exactly what you mean. Since I updated to the LTE, I miss having 4g Wimax. Granted it isn't fast compared to LTE, but better than 3g itself. Patience is a virtue...
    09-07-2012 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD