1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact(s) gone yet not

Tried to look up a friends number in my contacts. Not there anymore. However it shows up in call history and through google search. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Contact(s) gone yet not

I just figured this out today. I had contacts in the dialer, with phone numbers and email addresses that I could not find in the people app. I went on my computer and looked at my gmail contacts. The people who are listed, but are not part of the "my contacts" group will not show up in the people app. They will show up in the dialer, though (at least for me).

To solve the problem, I exported my gmail contacts to excel on my pc. Looked through the list, and anyone not in "my contacts" who I want to see on the people app on the phone, I added to that group through gmail on my computer. All is well.

I also figured out this solved the problem with My Motospeak for my headset. It would not find people who were not listed in the people app.

Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'll give that a shot after a couple of more cups of coffee! The contact i am missing I manually entered to begin with. I do have that contact in google but e mail address only. Weird. The only thing I did before I noticed the problem was update Facebook a day earlier...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums